HEY, I REALLY LIKE THAT DRESS ON YOU!

Del Zeppnile

it's about equal opportunity...for men to say to other men the same things they feel free to say to women...can you hang???

Sorry...I thought it was about sexual harassment. You know...... what is and what should never be....between men and women!

it's about equal opportunity...for men to say to other men the same things they feel free to say to women...can you hang???

Hmm.

I suppose if there were some incentive I might hang.., but not for too long.

Do I have to stare at a guy's ass? :(

The real question should be...

Where in the piss do you work that the females wear revealing clothing and hiphugger jeans!?

Stupid mechanical engineers and their non-revealing work attire. :angry:

P.S. what is this thread about?

Working with attractive women with brains,now that sounds pretty hot.Maybe your workplace needs a "casual" Friday.Or maybe a "casual"Monday,Tuesday,half a day Wednesday,and Friday.

Working with attractive women with brains,now that sounds pretty hot.Maybe your workplace needs a "casual" Friday.Or maybe a "casual"Monday,Tuesday,half a day Wednesday,and Friday.

This is Michigan were talking about here... not one of those newfangled New Yorks's , Miamis or Los Angeleseses'

And that is so true not only with women but with some minorites as well. It's almost as if there is a backlash and now there is even more lack of respect because it is assumed that certain folks are just to gentile and sensitive to be taken seriously. They still are hired, but nobody wants to touch them with a ten foot pole. Not even when it is in managments interest to correct the behavior of a woman or a minority. Not that this is something the legal "consultants" want to admit to. But women and minorities are now being treated like possible lawsuits just on the basis of their race/gender far too many times.

I agree. I am not of a minority, but I am a chick. (Sorry if "chick" offends anyone since that's hat we are talking about.) I don't mind being called certain names, but sometimes I just get bad vibes from people. Like I was at a gas station and my mom sent me in to pay, and there was this guy he was about 35. He talked to me for a little while and called me baby and sweetcheeks. It creeped me out, but if I go to the grocery store and one of the older checkers calls me hon or doll it doesn't bother me. I think a lot of it has to do with context.

Sorry...I thought it was about sexual harassment. You know...... what is and what should never be....between men and women!

If the comment comes from a cute guy, it's flirtation...

If it comes from an ugly guy, it's sexual harrassment...

Many years ago I worked at a TV station, the CFO never really said anything inappropriate, but always stood to close to me. I laughed it off but told my co-worker (who verified that he approched many new employees and even had some complaints filed against him) and my husband (just in case). I moved on but soon after heard that he had been suspended for a whole lot of missing money and committed suicide.....Karma's a bitch.

Good one! :)

Excellent point MAD! I think that's an advantage we have as women (and fun and attractive women), we are often underestimated....love it! Uh hey, guess what?! I'm smarter than you too! (to the guys that underestimate us)

"A woman must do twice as much as a man in order to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult..." B)

My husband and I met at work, and even made out there more than once. There isn't any reason to be too uptight about the sexes working together, or nature taking its course. :)

But consensual mingling and giving and takin' shit is one thing, sexual harassment is another. Honestly I think people are forgetting how it used to be.

The most egregious example of several I can think of was the manager of a restuarant I worked at once who would fire women who wouldn't give him a blow job. I didn't give off a vibe he found particularly inviting, apparently, thank goodness, though he did ask me by bra size once. :rolleyes:

But I've never forgotten him because one of the women he fired was an unfortunate soul who had recently lost her husband and only child in a car accident. She was just trying to make a living, barely standing on her own two feet at that stage. She was as far from thinking of sex as a person could get; of course he had the sensitivity of a bag of hammers. He was such an ass, he fired her because she wouldn't go to his house for "lunch." "I have lovely meat for you to eat at my house... come for lunch." I mean, that man was gross, and somehow got paid five times as much as any woman there. He fired close to two dozen women before management finally thought enough was enough. (Think of the women he DIDN'T fire...)

That's why there are sexual harassment laws now, and why they're needed. Sorry for the wet blanket, but honestly, the stuff you're talking about isn't in the same league.

"A woman must do twice as much as a man in order to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult..." B)

My husband and I met at work, and even made out there more than once. There isn't any reason to be too uptight about the sexes working together, or nature taking its course. :)

But consensual mingling and giving and takin' shit is one thing, sexual harassment is another. Honestly I think people are forgetting how it used to be.

The most egregious example of several I can think of was the manager of a restuarant I worked at once who would fire women who wouldn't give him a blow job. I didn't give off a vibe he found particularly inviting, apparently, thank goodness, though he did ask me by bra size once. :rolleyes:

But I've never forgotten him because one of the women he fired was an unfortunate soul who had recently lost her husband and only child in a car accident. She was just trying to make a living, barely standing on her own two feet at that stage. She was as far from thinking of sex as a person could get; of course he had the sensitivity of a bag of hammers. He was such an ass, he fired her because she wouldn't go to his house for "lunch." "I have lovely meat for you to eat at my house... come for lunch." I mean, that man was gross, and somehow got paid five times as much as any woman there. He fired close to two dozen women before management finally thought enough was enough. (Think of the women he DIDN'T fire...)

That's why there are sexual harassment laws now, and why they're needed. Sorry for the wet blanket, but honestly, the stuff you're talking about isn't in the same league.

I think you are talking out of leagues of many of us that can not fathom someone doing something that disgusting! Someone like that should be locked up and the key thrown away!

Amen to that. What SunChild described is light years beyond anything I have ever witnessed or seen.

I am so glad to hear it! Yeah, that was definitely bad news, and the worst I've ever seen. But it did go on, back in the day. Pendulum might have swung a bit far the other way, but things needed to change.

I often think of that woman, and wonder whatever happened to her. Of course she was better off not working there, but, yeah, that guy should've been in jail.

Edited by SunChild

I am so glad to hear it! Yeah, that was definitely bad news, and the worst I've ever seen. But it did go on, back in the day. Pendulum might have swung a bit far the other way, but things needed to change.

I often think of that woman, and wonder whatever happened to her. Of course she was better off not working there, but, yeah, that guy should've been in jail.

I'm glad I never had to deal with that kind of sleaze....ICK!!!

That wasn't a Ground Patti was it?

I had a manager that was nearly as bad with that crap and the waitresses told him to F off and he persisted.

One night there was just myself a cook and a waitress working and he started in on her and I couldn't take it any longer.

I told him to layoff can't you see she is not into you!

He say's "You're Fired!" I said so I don't work here anymore!

He said that's right! So I broke his nose :o surprised myself because he was a pretty big guy and I thought oh shit i'm gonna get my ass kicked.

Well when he saw the blood spewing from his face he scurried away like a sissy girl.

"Look what you did!, Look what you did!"

I'm still good friends with that waitress today :D

That wasn't a Ground Patti was it?

I had a manager that was nearly as bad with that crap and the waitresses told him to F off and he persisted.

One night there was just myself a cook and a waitress working and he started in on her and I couldn't take it any longer.

I told him to layoff can't you see she is not into you!

He say's "You're Fired!" I said so I don't work here anymore!

He said that's right! So I broke his nose :o surprised myself because he was a pretty big guy and I thought oh shit i'm gonna get my ass kicked.

Well when he saw the blood spewing from his face he scurried away like a sissy girl.

"Look what you did!, Look what you did!"

I'm still good friends with that waitress today :D

GREAT for you Dzldoc! Great to know there are still gentlemen in the world! Chivalry is NOT dead! Many good ones on this board in fact. I'd mention a few names but I'd feel horrible if I missed any...

I think it is all very subjective. Some people can tell the worst jokes around me and I'll think it's hilarious; but another person telling the same joke but giving off a bad vibe would make me uncomfortable.

I have never experienced being called "honey", "sweetie" etc. by coworkers or bosses. I've probably had it a few times from customers, but none ever made me uncomfortable. I've appreciated "I like that outfit" or "nice hairdo" comments because I know the people saying them meant them kindly and not in a creepy way.

It's rare for me to get an "allergic reaction" to someone, but it does happen occasionally, and when it does, I just steer clear.

Right....a lot of it is in the tone of voice, facial expression, etc. There are 4 men in my family, my father & 3 brothers, and they cover the spectrum of how men can compliment a woman. Including one bro that gives off those creepy, heebie-jeebie, bad vibes. He's the one that I don't feel sad about us living 3,000 miles apart.

It works for me. But have you ever asked that question and gotten, "No I have cancer and am on chemo-therapy right now" ?

I guess it can always be a bit of a minefield making personal comments about someone else's appearance, but would a mere mistake be considered harassment ?

A mistake like that would be considered an embarassment not a harassment.

I think you're on to something here Gainsbarre. ;)

Truth, SunChild.

I realize that I was very, very fortunate not to have experienced things like you described. I don't know why I was spared - it easily could have gone the other way. I must have paid some sort of karmic price when I was younger.

GREAT for you Dzldoc! Great to know there are still gentlemen in the world! Chivalry is NOT dead! Many good ones on this board in fact. I'd mention a few names but I'd feel horrible if I missed any...

Assaulting someone is good?

Assaulting someone is good?

In defense of someone's honor? Yes! he was putting his hand up her skirt! :angry:

He was an adult and she was 16 bub. I wanted to call the cops. But she didn't want to because "She" was embarrased. That's why they have laws for that now. :rolleyes:

Hi all,

In defense of someone's honor? Yes! he was putting his hand up her skirt! :angry:

He was an adult and she was 16 bub. I wanted to call the cops. But she didn't want to because "She" was embarrased. That's why they have laws for that now. :rolleyes:

Dzldoc,I will admit,I have not read though the whole thread,but this post is very disturbing,.....not your responce,....please let me continue,...

That,in MHO,is no adult,not is,......a sick MF'er(sorry)

Call the cops!!!!!!!!!!NOW!

She was not being embarrased,she was violated,abused.Sorry,that was bad,very bad.She did not know the difference.And the worse part no one told her,......

Shoot!

KB

Thank you for that. I remember how it used to be, and there certainly is a difference. I can remember putting up with stuff, not as egregious as the example you gave, but bad enough that folks nowadays would screech. We didn't always realize that we didn't have to put up with that stuff. and if asked, the guys always considered what they did to be 'just a little flirting'. Some stuff was pretty harmless but some of it wasn't, and a complaint would often be dismissed as 'just harmless flirting' or that the female must have somehow encouraged it and brought it on herself.

... and yes, some folks have gone overboard the other direction, like some of the stupid stuff Del was posting about.

A little kindness and respect directed towards ourselves and to the folks around us would certainly make life more pleasant.

yea... us gals are looking to sexually harass somebody...you said you could handle it, right????

All I do is "handle it" so please, any help in that regard is always appreciated :D

Exactly!

I always liked what comedian Chris Rock had to say on the subject of sexaual harassment:

"Sexual harrassment! What is sexual harassment?! What's the difference between sexual harrassment and just being an idiot? I mean, if my father didn't harrass my mother, I wouldn't be here! I mean, I understand some sexual harrassment.. if a man is your boss and says, "Hey, sleep with me, or you're fired." That's sexual harrassment. And that's the only thing that's sexual harrassment! Everything else falls under "Just trying to get laid." You can't put a man in jail for that! I don't care how hard he tries, that's all he was trying to do! Anita Hill started this whole thing. It's all about looks, you know? Because if Clarence Thomas looked like Denzel Washington, this would have never happened! She'd be all, "Oh, stop it, Clarence, you nasty! Your fine self!" So, what's sexual harrassment, when an ugly man wants some? "Oh, he ugly! Call the police! Call the authority!"

:lol:

Edited by Del Zeppnile