GQ Awards

Aquamarine

It was a weird coincidence for me to read that Cole was at the Zep table because some of my friends and I were talking via messenger about him - well before we even knew of this event and certainly before we learned that Cole would be attending and sitting with the Zep guys via Halfin's diary. I asked one friend if she remembered Cole and she responded, "MSG, of course I remember Richard." Yes, we all do.

In any case, after we learned of Cole's presence at the Zep table, a couple of my friends then joked that perhaps Cole is being brought back in order to facilitate Jimmy's "I've gone back to my philosophy of the '70s, which was to enjoy myself." by procuring those things that enabled the band members to enjoy themselves back in the '70s.

Interesting theory. I'm not sure if he would use someone like Cole now (what young girl would follow him these days?). But I've been getting a feeling that JP is "reliving the old days." Remember the line in the CR article? He left with 3 "dancers" (strippers).

a137rc.jpg

Jimmy should have taken the opportunity to get Robert hammered, put a pen in Robert's hand, whipped a copy of an exclusionary album and tour contract out from under his Armani and said, "Now Percy, be a good boy and sign right here...and here...and initial here...that's it...all done. Thanks for all your cooperation!" I mean, whatever it takes to get things rolling.

He would have asked his manager to do that.

In my opinion, if Robert Plant really wanted to avoid his bandmates and disassociate himself from Zeppelin, he would have found an excuse to simply avoid the ceremony. I think the fact that he showed up speaks volumes.

I totally agree with this, and I don't think that that is what the body language is saying anyway.

But turning up and honouring your history and people you love and respect - as well as taking plaudits for yourself - is very different from showing unity and the possibilities of moving forward together. And it is plain as day that things aren't rosy in that particular garden at present.

The 3 of them together at an award presentation for their 2007 show is an extension of the New Led Zeppelin.

Or The New Originals! :D

Notice they're wearing the same shoes as they did for the O2 show? Now this could be a positive sign of a reunion...

I totally agree with this, and I don't think that that is what the body language is saying anyway.

But turning up and honouring your history and people you love and respect - as well as taking plaudits for yourself - is very different from showing unity and the possibilities of moving forward together. And it is plain as day that things aren't rosy in that particular garden at present.

RP is due back in Nashville in about three weeks. We will soon see how much longer the Alison gig is going to last and if what is on the rumor mill here is actually reality.

If I may, I don't think the body language here is as negative as everyone's making it.

John Paul Jones has ever been the serious gentleman and that's what he looks like, now.

Jimmy Page is Jimmy Page. He's just being professional.

As for Plant, I honetly think he's just being goofy and playing for the camera.

And on that note- Jimmy looks like he's sick and tired of holding those damn awards. He always gets stuck with those door stoppers.

82637349gc6.jpg

I think Plant should do something about his hair. He seems a bit old to have it hanging down over his face.

I didn't want to be the one to say it... :unsure: Maybe he's going for that 'just out of the bayou' look...J/K!! It's a joke! :)

:lol: ^^The things that come out of the bayou around here don't generally look like RP!

I merely stated my opinion.

I was just saying that I didn't know there were hairstyles that were considered inappropriate for older/younger men/women. If so, doesn't seem very logical.

:lol: ^^The things that come out of the bayou around here don't generally look like RP!

I was just saying that I didn't know there were hairstyles that were considered inappropriate for older/younger men/women. If so, doesn't seem very logical.

I personally feel it wouldn't look good on a young or old male....totally hides his bright eyes. I also think he'd look better if he shaved.

Granted, there probably aren't a lot of 60 year old men with a profession of "singer" to use as comparison, I'll re-phrase my statement:

I personally dislike his hair hanging down in front of his face. As I do on anyone, male or female, old or young.

i hate goatees on women, too. makes 'em hard to kiss. reminds me of my aunt erma!

Archived