GQ Awards

Aquamarine

Quite frankly all the Grohl-bashing is jealousy, period.

:huh: Jealous of what?

So if someone doesn't care about another person, doesn't like their style of music, that make them jealous? Are the members on this forum who are bashing Robert's beardy look jealous, too? Really, that's the weakest argument for Dave Grohl I've heard yet.

So if someone doesn't care about another person, doesn't like their style of music, that make them jealous? Are the members on this forum who are bashing Robert's beardy look jealous, too? Really, that's the weakest argument for Dave Grohl I've heard yet.

Oh, I dunno. I'm pretty jealous of someone who spent hours in the company of my favourite band.

And, really, you don't have to like the man, but wouldn't you be the teeniest bit jealous that he's being snapped with the boys? Don't you wish you could meet them? Perform with them? I sure as hell do, and I don't even play an instrument.

There are plenty of people who don't like Grohl, but that doesn't make them jealous.

Then, there are plenty of people who don't like Grohl, complain he's always got his finger's in a Zeppelin pie, and how they can't stand him. They are jealous.

Oh, I dunno. I'm pretty jealous of someone who spent hours in the company of my favourite band.

And, really, you don't have to like the man, but wouldn't you be the teeniest bit jealous that he's being snapped with the boys? Don't you wish you could meet them? Perform with them? I sure as hell do, and I don't even play an instrument.

There are plenty of people who don't like Grohl, but that doesn't make them jealous.

Then, there are plenty of people who don't like Grohl, complain he's always got his finger's in a Zeppelin pie, and how they can't stand him. They are jealous.

Its actually quite sad that a friend of the band is vilified on these boards. No matter what anyone claims, I believe it is pure jealousy. Whether it be jealousy of his talent, his success, his association with Zep members, or whatever else, its all shameful... but typical internet message board B.S.

I, for one, would like to see Dave play with JP and JPJ. I love the Foos and consider them one of my favorite bands. I say they should bring their show on the road that they started at Wembley... especially if that is the only way I can see JP and JPJ!

Its actually quite sad that a friend of the band is vilified on these boards. No matter what anyone claims, I believe it is pure jealousy. Whether it be jealousy of his talent, his success, his association with Zep members, or whatever else, its all shameful... but typical internet message board B.S.

I, for one, would like to see Dave play with JP and JPJ. I love the Foos and consider them one of my favorite bands. I say they should bring their show on the road that they started at Wembley... especially if that is the only way I can see JP and JPJ!

Exactly. I've always liked Grohl, and I'm guess the boys do too, so it's always a little baffling when people start bashing him.

It's the same with Ross Halfin. I've read people bashing him in the past. He's a friend of Jimmy's so what right do I have to judge him?

Why is it that as soon as someone, who wasn't part of the original Zeppelin circle, enters, people get on their high horse and start calling them blind?

They're mates. That's good enough for me.

Zeptember is finally here. And all will be revealed.

I prefer all to be revealed around Zepmas/Christmas. :rolleyes:

Nashville does not handle media hysteria/paparazzi/the Daily Mail well. The Londoners are more used to that stuff and are better equiped (as opposed to Rounder Records) to dealing with media hordes OVER THERE. We like our quiet little town. :)

Exactly. I've always liked Grohl, and I'm guess the boys do too, so it's always a little baffling when people start bashing him.

It's the same with Ross Halfin. I've read people bashing him in the past. He's a friend of Jimmy's so what right do I have to judge him?

Why is it that as soon as someone, who wasn't part of the original Zeppelin circle, enters, people get on their high horse and start calling them blind?

They're mates. That's good enough for me.

I agree with you.

I like Grohl's sense of humor and he's hot.

I love reading Ross's diary entries and his photography is awesome.

I don't understand why people bash them.

Finally found it with Mapquest, it is in West TN. Never been there.

It's a real piece of American history, not too far from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n9prNixjbg.

Around the late 1700's many people from the Eastern states felt the Tennessee frontier a new beginning and challenge so they set out to claim territory. They drove wagons from North Carolina and West Virginia, via the Cumberland Trail to an area near the Fork Dear River in West Tennessee.

To help others identify their claim, they named this small area, Carolina. It is now located between Brownsville and Ripley, Tennessee.

One of the families who possessed political clout were the Haywood's whose heritage is Granville, North Carolina; another name for Nutbush.

John Haywood (born 1755-1827) was the State Treasurer of North Carolina and his first cousin, John Haywood (born 1762-1826) was later known as the "Father of Tennessee History" because of his historical contributions to Tennessee. Members from both families settled near Nashville and in an area now known as the Nutbush/Woodlawn community. They owned many acres of land on the highway known today as Tina Turner Highway 19.

http://www.nutbush.com/

You know what I think makes his face look negative? That goatee. Shave it off, and I guarantee you that face will suddenly become quite a bit more positive.

I guarantee the exact opposite. I also guarantee that removing it wouldn't make him look younger, but the exact opposite, which is why he grew it in the first place. :D

NO GROHL!!!!!!!!!!

Well, while we're waiting for the video of the Zep lads' thank you speeches, we can entertain ourselves with snippets of sniping between a drunk Lilly Allen and a surprisingly restrained Elton John. Oh how I wish the airport Elton had come out, that could've been pay-per-view material :D

Well, while we're waiting for the video of the Zep lads' thank you speeches, we can entertain ourselves with snippets of sniping between a drunk Lilly Allen and a surprisingly restrained Elton John. Oh how I wish the airport Elton had come out, that could've been pay-per-view material :D

Why no video yet? This is really strange. Speech must of been very neutral or those tabloids would have been all over it.

Why no video yet? This is really strange. Speech must of been very neutral or those tabloids would have been all over it.

Well it's probably like JP and the Olympics gig; videos were taken down as fast as they came up. The powers that be won't allow it, at least for now. Maybe they want people to buy the mag and read the speeches there? That's all I've at 12:50am. Good night :)

P

Just think how many photos they had taken of them at the GQ ceremony. After a while you get tired of it and really don't want to pose for any more. Maybe that's what RP's body language is showing. Plus, we're all reading way too much into this. You can't tell everything from a photo. Some are good and some are bad.

I saw another photo on TBL, from the GQ awards and Robert seems a lot more cozy with Jimmy. He has his arm on Jimmy's shoulder and they are all smiling, so who knows? i really think plant likes to keep us guessing, and some type of the "Zep Mystery" going.....

NO GROHL!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you. So, tell me- what's it feel like not to have boulders thrown at you? I wouldn't know. Whenever myself or some other brave soul says something -God forbid- unflattering about DG, I typically get it upside the head. Whoosh, there goes another one... :lol:

Jealous of the fact that Dave Grohl gets to spend so much time with them?

People who bash his music aren't jealous. They just don't like his music. I'm talking about shit like this:

"Why does Dave have to be in all the pictures?"

"I'll bet Dave's the one making Robert so uncomfortable."

"I'm sick and tired of Dave hanging around with Zep."

The only thing we haven't seen/heard from Grohl-hating Zep-fan, yet is "it's not fair! Why can't that be me?!" And I think it's about damn time all the Grohl-bashers said it already.

So if someone doesn't care about another person, doesn't like their style of music, that make them jealous?

No. But consistently hating on him, literally, for being a fan and friend of Led Zeppelin is jealousy.

Oh, and I won't take bashes of his music/talent, though, either. I happen to be a fan of Nirvana, of Dave Grohl, and the Foo Fighters.

I am, however, not so proud that I can't admit that I envy the guy. I envy him that he gets to hang out with Led Zeppelin. I envy him that he got Page and Jones on stage with his band at Wembley for "Rock and Roll" and "Ramble On." I envy him that he was the one chosen to present Page, Plant, and Jones with their award.

But I'm also not so damn proud that I'm going to bash him and claim to hate him because I envy him. In fact, I kind of think Grohl is the best friend any of us Zep fans could have at the moment, because we'd almost be guaranteed to meet one or all of the boys while we're friends with Dave.

Archived