What was the very first Zeppelin song you ever heard?

Jimmy's A Legend

My first was Stairway, when growing up in the mid 70's when I was about 10. Just listening to AM Top 40 radio at that point. It wasn't until a few years later, when In Through The Out Door was released and In The Evening was the track that really started to get me into this phenomenal, unique band. Between Robert's vocals and Jimmy's solo during the song that was it. This was also helped by Dazed and Confused with the jam in the middle (this is the real wall of sound. Sorry Phil!) and the blending of the low and high end riff. Pretty amazing. At the time this was also aided by Babe I'm Gonna Leave You and hearing Kashmir for the first time. Wow! Never heard anything like it. Just an amazing band. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

My first memory of Zeppelin is the ending of Rock and Roll. Then most of Zoso. I went back and then bought 1 to ITTOD. I love LZ. They are the best. Still to this day no one comes close to surpasing them as my favorite band.

Mc7

I got my Dad mothership christmas just gone. He put it on. Good times bad times. What a great album opener.

It's also a Great Debut Album Opener ...

and It's a Great Reunion Concert Opener ...

... and the ending sounds great too! :toast:

"I know what it means to be alone, I sure do wish I was at home

I don't care what the neighbors say,

I'm gonna love you each and every day

You can feel the beat within my heart

Realize, sweet babe, we ain't ever gonna part

I feel good when I look into your eyes"

I think it was either Whole Lotta Love or Rock and Roll on the radio sometime in '75 or '76.

(I didn't notice the forum name until I posted. I'm curious- is "Led Zeppelin Newbies" supposed to mean a newbie on this site or a newbie to Led Zeppelin music?)

Strangely enough mine was the SRTS version of *No Quarter*

The organ, guitar work and drum effects had me hooked - instantly.

I then went out and bought IV and have never looked back!

My all time favourite has to be Physical Graffiti.

It is Zeppelin's *White Album*

caroselambra~

Strangely enough mine was the SRTS version of *No Quarter*

The organ, guitar work and drum effects had me hooked - instantly.

I then went out and bought IV and have never looked back!

My all time favourite has to be Physical Graffiti.

It is Zeppelin's *White Album*

caroselambra~

I'm pretty sure it was Whole Lotta Love for me

I think it was either Whole Lotta Love or Rock and Roll on the radio sometime in '75 or '76.

(I didn't notice the forum name until I posted. I'm curious- is "Led Zeppelin Newbies" supposed to mean a newbie on this site or a newbie to Led Zeppelin music?)

Not too sure - I just post wherever I see something interesting be it new old or with fries <S>

caroselambra~

I was driving home from softball practice with my dad I think? And on KLOS, Dancing Days came on and I was like, "WHAT IS THIS GLORIOUS SOUND?!" XD

I think thats why my dad is deaf now, cause I cranked the radio all the way up. No, thats just because he is old! But yeah, ever since I loved them! And once they went to Virgin Megastore, and my dad got me some awesome Led Zeppelin buttons, that I refuse to let anyone touch.

My first Zep song was "The Lemon Song". I was in elementary school and my friend snuck away her teenage brother's LZ II album. She said "listen to this song!". We were young and innocent and didn't really know what the song was about, but we knew that it was naughty. He caught us playing it and he told us what it was about. Then he told us to listen to "Whole Lotta Love". We didn't have to guess what "Every inch of my love" was about. So I grew up thinking that Led Zeppelin was too sexy for me. Then when "Stairway to Heaven" came out in 1971, I fell in love with Led Zeppelin. In my opinion, it is the best rock song of all time without any equal. Robert's lyrics and Jimmy's twelve string guitar are so wonderful and that's what changed my mind about Led Zeppelin. I also had grown up a bit and wasn't afraid of "sexy" any more. :lol:

Led Zeppellin 2 in a mates flat in Bournemouth I was 17 and after went hitchiking to see them at Bath

a long long time ago but I hope to see the new formation if thet get to France missed out on the end of 2007 at London SIgh !!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived