Today's Sun: Led Yep, Robert's in for the reunion....

DanelectroGod

No, the Sun ran a story. Big difference there. Besides, how can a newspaper make an announcement that is not their announcement to make? :blink:

It's The Sun. They've made baseless Zeppelin proclamations substantiated solely on nameless rumors on numerous occasions in recent years. It's the British equivalent of the National Enquirer.

But they ran a story, so maybe there is a delay in the official press release.

Believe me, I am hoping just as much as you are that it is true. But, I will not take the word of GoTickets, The Sun or anyone else until I hear it come from one Robert Plant's mouth. Been burnt too many times. Peace. B)

Believe me, I am hoping just as much as you are that it is true. But, I will not take the word of GoTickets, The Sun or anyone else until I hear it come from one Robert Plant's mouth. Been burnt too many times. Peace. B)

But he just talked to someone in Oklahoma, so it must all mean something.

The Oklahoma City Zoo hosts Plant, Krauss in Hurricane Ike benefit

By Gene Triplett

Entertainment Editor

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss turn their music-making travels into a mission of mercy tonight at the Zoo Amphitheatre when the hurriedly organized Oklahoma City stop on their "Raising Sand” tour becomes a fundraising event for the victims of Hurricane Ike.

"It'd be great to see some people turn out,” Plant said in a phone interview from St. Louis Wednesday. "I mean we're playing out of our minds. It's a really great show that we're doing and we're all dutybound to be doing something like this. It's the time to do it. So I can only imagine it's going to be a spectacular night.”

Plant said he's hoping for a follow-up album with Krauss sometime in the future.

"We keep threatening to try and be sensible together long enough to make another collection of songs, yeah,” he said. "Most importantly, the humor and the charm that we all share is a blessing in this rather incestuous and occasionally acrid career. Musicians aren't always the greatest to be around and this bunch of people are a dream. So, yeah, we talk about it and we are collecting more and more songs and threatening to write stuff together. I think it'll be something that isn't going to go away that easily.”

http://newsok.com/the-oklahoma-city-zoo-ho...article/3302732

Courtesy of your friends at the Sun who are always there when you need them.

Meanwhile, in other news.

The Oklahoma City Zoo hosts Plant, Krauss in Hurricane Ike benefit

By Gene Triplett

Entertainment Editor

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss turn their music-making travels into a mission of mercy tonight at the Zoo Amphitheatre when the hurriedly organized Oklahoma City stop on their "Raising Sand” tour becomes a fundraising event for the victims of Hurricane Ike.

"It'd be great to see some people turn out,” Plant said in a phone interview from St. Louis Wednesday. "I mean we're playing out of our minds. It's a really great show that we're doing and we're all dutybound to be doing something like this. It's the time to do it. So I can only imagine it's going to be a spectacular night.”

Plant said he's hoping for a follow-up album with Krauss sometime in the future.

"We keep threatening to try and be sensible together long enough to make another collection of songs, yeah,” he said. "Most importantly, the humor and the charm that we all share is a blessing in this rather incestuous and occasionally acrid career. Musicians aren't always the greatest to be around and this bunch of people are a dream. So, yeah, we talk about it and we are collecting more and more songs and threatening to write stuff together. I think it'll be something that isn't going to go away that easily.”

http://newsok.com/the-oklahoma-city-zoo-ho...article/3302732

So sad, I had pit tickets for the Houston show that was cancelled tonight before Ike hit! :boohoo:

But bless Robert for doing a benefit, wish I could hop up to OK City tonight...but, hearing this today has given me some fleeting hope that I'll get to see him (and the other members of Zep???) in the near future!!!!!!!

I did see RP/AK in Dallas in July, and sat next to a guy who said that his road manager was the same as RP/AKs (his name is Brennin Hunt, Nashville musician I was not familiar with until meeting him), and he told me then that there would indeed be a Zep reunion, that the "inside" band management was very well aware of it. I chose to go "hmmmmphhhh" to myself at the time, because I was more than skeptical at that point. But now.....hmmmmm????? I at least have some hope that it is turning up in all of these sources...

I just got this from gotickets.com:

CONCERT TICKET ALERT - Reports: Robert Plant agrees to join Led Zeppelin for reunion

Rock legends LED ZEPPELIN are set for a reunion tour after singer ROBERT PLANT finally caved in and agreed to join them.

Guitarist JIMMY PAGE, 64, bassist JOHN PAUL JONES, 62, and drummer JASON BONHAM, 42, had resigned themselves to touring without Plant. They even rehearsed with stand-in singers - and one American was so impressive they were confident they could hit the road next year without Plant.

That was what finally persuaded him to return.

As Jimmy stated at the MOJO awards....You can't force anyone, it has to be in the spirit of doing it!

Lets hope Robert has found the spirit and the four of them can create something special but different from the past!

I will volunteer to slip Robert a little "spirit" if I should meet him backstage at the concert next week. Just doing my part of behalf of Zep fans everywhere, ya know. B)

Yeah, I stole it in the thread about someone ebaying a class photo that had him in it. It was the perfect size for an avatar. Could not resist.

You are quick on the draw mos6507!

Any quote that is from Robert Plant will say it's definitely not true. He's not done with the Krauss stuff so I take that with as much a grain of salt as the Sun reports that he is reuniting. The fact that all of the British press are taking this and running with it tells me they also have sources saying a Zeppelin reunion is going on, but I'm still waiting from the most solid evidence. The actual band announcing it in a press conference.

There's nothing on Robert Plant's website. They're doing a benefit for Hurricane Ike victims tonight (26th), but there's no other news dated today (though admittedly, the day is young.)

Also... since THIS is the 'official' LZ website, shouldn't there be an announcement here? From what I can trace on the net, the media frenzy is resulting from outlets picking up the story from 'sources', which turn out to be other stories... a rumour can go a long way these days.

I'll believe it when I see a press release. An 'official' type one.

p.s. I want this to happen too - but I'm hearing the tinkle of bells coming from my other leg.

I am not even sure if there is place for any official statements about LZ on this site (on the other hand, I did not explore my favourite site well enough just yet!!) :P . It would be very nice if they did state something at least in this given case. Or is it too much to ask?...

He's not done with the Krauss stuff

They are saying the tour is next summer, not tomorrow. Unless they want to record a new Zep album first, seems to me he has plenty of time to do more stuff with AK before switching gears.

I fully expect this rumor to either get shot down or confirmed by Monday. The 4 of them will have no peace until they make a statement on it.

They are saying the tour is next summer, not tomorrow. Unless they want to record a new Zep album first, seems to me he has plenty of time to do more stuff with AK before switching gears.

Those are also just rumors. I don't know if Robert has anything planned past this tour.

Those are also just rumors. I don't know if Robert has anything planned past this tour.

I can't read her mind, if I were in her shoes and I got the sense that Robert was about to blow his last big opportunity to go back to Zep in order to make another album with her, in a partnership everyone knows has a limited shelf-life, I'd tell him to go back to Zep. Maybe they can rush into the studio and record a 2nd album as a coda, but not tour with it. I always got the sense that Raising Sand was kind of a woodshedding project for Robert as a singer, that he was getting more out of it than the other two, by interloping into their genre and taking notes on how to sing harmony. Robert really should not wear out his welcome with AK. She and T-Bone have other things to do. You need to know when a musical project has run its natural course. He can take what he's learned with him.

I think Krauss already has plans with her band Union Station next year. I'm not 100% sure of that though. They can still do whatever they want to do at some other time. Both are pretty healthy and will be around the music industry for years probably. Anything can happen, but they can always go into the studio and tour again. A Led Zeppelin tour may not happen again after the next few years. And it is very apparent that Jimmy Page and JPJ want to go on the road together again. And with Jason and Robert. Jason is in no matter what. Robert is always the question mark in this one and I think his ego is too big to get left out of something like this.

I'm still just waiting for an official announcement.

These are the same type of rumors and stories that magazines like Hit Parader ran back in 1986. "Led Zeppelin born again" and then almost every year afterwards. I used to get so excited after hearing the latest Zeppelin to reunite story and was dissapointed every time when it was not true. I have learned not to really believe anything the press has to say about Zeppelin. They are just trying to sell you a load of shit.

These are the same type of rumors and stories that magazines like Hit Parader ran back in 1986. "Led Zeppelin born again" and then almost every year afterwards. I used to get so excited after hearing the latest Zeppelin to reunite story and was dissapointed every time when it was not true. I have learned not to really believe anything the press has to say about Zeppelin. They are just trying to sell you a load of shit.

That load of shit looks mighty tasty though. ;)

But I hope they realize that they will have to deal with angry misled LZ Forumers, if anything goes wrong.... :D

Archived