Today's Sun: Led Yep, Robert's in for the reunion....

DanelectroGod

It's coming. I can feel it in my bones. with Robert. it has to be. Robert said only if it's something special. The fact that they are still able to do it forty years after they started is something special. how many bands get that opportunity?

The info we are getting here in NZ is that Robert is in. Hope this is on the money. And if so, praying for a visit down here too.

The info we are getting here in NZ is that Robert is in. Hope this is on the money. And if so, praying for a visit down here too.

:beer: I can only say, I hope you're right on all counts - I've always wanted to visit NZ, and amongst all the other reasons, this would be the sure-fire wake up call I've been needing. :thumbsup:

If it happens and its a big IF ? if they were only to play NZ, my plane ticket will be booked and will camp out to get a ticket for the gig , but hopefully they will do here again, but a trip to NZ would be very nice :)

Since no publicists involved with the three original members of LZ, their management companies, or assorted entourage have issued a statement regarding the Sun report, I just assumed everyone in the United Kingdom was enjoying a bank holiday or at the pub and I made a comment alluding to this erroneous belief on this forum. Looks like Gigwise tracked someone down and received a "no comment" on Friday. My bad.

http://www.gigwise.com/news/46349/robert-p...in-reunion-tour

Today, I heard a similar "Led Zeppelin, with Robert Plant, officially confirmed they will announce tour dates soon" statement from a local DJ out of the DC/Baltimore Metro area. Then again, this guy quoted The Sun which made me chuckle, but secretly I wished it were true.

-_-

Since no publicists involved with the three original members of LZ, their management companies, or assorted entourage have issued a statement regarding the Sun report, I just assumed everyone in the United Kingdom was enjoying a bank holiday or at the pub and I made a comment alluding to this erroneous belief on this forum. Looks like Gigwise tracked someone down and received a "no comment" on Friday. My bad.

http://www.gigwise.com/news/46349/robert-p...in-reunion-tour

Yeah, their only source was the Sun.

Did you look at the pictures underneath the article? "Led Zeppelin through the years" OMG! I saved a few. I thank you so much for posting this link. :)

Well I hope it is true. I am keeping the faith. Unfortunately I don't have a TV and need to rely on Internet news. But it looks good so far. As soon as anyone hears info on ANY tour dates and cities, PLEASE post. Considering I am out in the middle of the Pacific (Hawaii), unless they include Hawaii, I'll be thumbing it. See you there!!!!

I'm shocked that there hasn't been any official denials from the band members as of now.

Why would they waste their time? :huh:

This is probably par for the course with them. They know the world waits with baited breath for them to announce a full blown tour. Why take the time to quell rumors that have circulated for years? They've never said anything to the contrary before... should they now?

This is probably par for the course with them. They know the world waits with baited breath for them to announce a full blown tour. Why take the time to quell rumors that have circulated for years? They've never said anything to the contrary before... should they now?

Almost all the other rumors have been pretty much knocked down within days by some publicist. It's not that hard for the band to just say it's not true and move on. Last year when there were rumors they were doing a one off almost all year Plant even denied those rumors at first. They have made denials with almost every other rumors in the past.

I think that Page, Jones, and Bonham would do better without Plant. Let him stick to what ever he is into at the "moment". I would love to hear the rest of the band say, "Robert, we don't need ya anymore, there are others out there that will do it because they love singing Led Zeppelin".

Doesn't appeal to me at all. If it was new music and a few Zep tunes, that's one thing. Replacing Plant and going out as Zeppelin? No way.

You're forgetting Robert's ego and the fact that all of the members of Zeppelin respect each other and their abilities. They wouldn't even be thinking of doing the one off gig or doing some of the things they've done in the last year together if they didn't respect that stuff. All of them know they made the best music of their careers with each other and they know that what the developed in that decade can't really be duplicated. Led Zeppelin is still a dominant force in music. They wouldn't have done anything together if they didn't respect their music and each other. They want Plant to be in on this. It's very apparent that Jimmy, JPJ, and Jason Bonham are trying to do some sort of project/tour within a year.

This has already been posted once, but I guess we have to double post sometimes...

http://www.koco.com/entertainment/1738141/detail.html

This was from 2002...

Let's be grown up about this before we post things next time. :D

I think that Page, Jones, and Bonham would do better without Plant. Let him stick to what ever he is into at the "moment". I would love to hear the rest of the band say, "Robert, we don't need ya anymore, there are others out there that will do it because they love singing Led Zeppelin".

Welcome back scs.

It'll never happen!

There is no other singer that could replace Robert, at least not as Led Zeppelin's vocalist.

3 J's and ? is another matter, there are many fine singers who can copy but lack the originality Robert brings to the table.

The last thing they need is a clone.

There are a lot of wannabes out there who can scream, shout and whatever but none can groove like him or comes close to his charisma and ability as a frontman.

You and others of your ilk seem to think Robert is holding them back, what a load of crap!

JP and JPJ have had ample time over the years to do other things together but chose not to, end of story.

You'd be disappointed and wouldn't go if they did tour with Robert?

I think not.

Well I hope it is true. I am keeping the faith. Unfortunately I don't have a TV and need to rely on Internet news. But it looks good so far. As soon as anyone hears info on ANY tour dates and cities, PLEASE post. Considering I am out in the middle of the Pacific (Hawaii), unless they include Hawaii, I'll be thumbing it. See you there!!!!

I'll pick you up on the way in B)

triton300.jpg

Welcome aboard

I doubt they'll say anything and when the time comes they're ready to unveil the 3J's and ___, that's when we'll hear.

A bit judgemental don't you think. How much time people spend here is really not your business - who cares? It's their life and how do you know they don't just have their computer on and are doing other things. Really unnecessary comment. People love Zep. That's why we're on this board. When something relating to them hits the news, real or otherwise, it stirs up discussion. You don't like it, don't read it. It's a DISCUSSION board and if the site administrator felt the threads weren't appropriate, he'd pull them as has happened in the past.

But you seem to feel justified in starting countless threads on "whatever" and that's okay :rolleyes:

You don't need to take it personally !.Unless YOU claim to Have personal conversations with members of the band and then get on here and start story's that ;at the end of the day make you FEEL that you know what your talking about but are only doing it cause you've got no other things in your life but spreading senseless rumor's.Judgemental if that's what it takes to have truthful DISCUSSION then bring it on baby. :thumbsup::wave:;):D

Sorry, but someone's self righteous rants have made me decide to keep confidences.

You didn't think those confidences should have been kept in the frst place?

Shame on you.

Anyway what happened to the "its all good don't be a hater" PMs - you the only one allowed to be a hater?

Besides , you may be keeping quiet about it here now, but you're still pontificating about it over on FBO and we all know it.

I am trying not to get all excited until there is an official announcement, but I am keeping the faith :)

Now that we seem to have the long-awaited statement from Mr. Plant....

After those dates, Robert has no intention whatsoever of touring with anyone for at least the next two years. Contrary to a spate of recent reports, Robert Plant will not be touring or recording with Led Zeppelin. Anyone buying tickets online to any such event will be buying bogus tickets.
... everything will fall into places. Finally. I wish Mr. Plant to have a good two-year rest from his labours.

Sharks, it makes it all even MORE interesting!!!! Looking forward to what Jimmy and his team have got in store! :)

Archived