Today's Sun: Led Yep, Robert's in for the reunion....

DanelectroGod

About an hour ago I picked up my daughter.

Anyhow, I when my radio came on (I was listeneing to Vega FM), Whole Lotta Love was playing and after it finished the dj mentioned the current "media reports" of the impending(?), tour.

The media is running with this and the more I think about it the more intriguing it gets.

Being an analyst (notice how it's spelt ANALyst) :rolleyes: , I like what if's and theories.

This could be a publicity stunt of epic proportions perpetrated by the band (I doubt it though), to heighten the hype of them playing together before an official announcement is made or, the media taking an undisclosed source who has reported misinformation blossoming off of chinese whispers.

Good name for an album don't you think?

Saw Russel Brand Last night and he pulled a paper out to say how crap they are at writing stories on him that are not true, he even said that he hadn't even met the person he was ment to be in the room with in this story, so my point is I take it all the Zep stuff with a pinch of salt :) ..but hope.

Here is my post from a thread like this one in the link here ....

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?s=...st&p=259350

i really hope it's true but i have to say i read the article and the story juts seems to be a piece of bullshit...it just sounds weird plant suddenly decided to make a world tour with zeppelin just because the other band members said they will tour with another singer..

Just to show how situations are twisted, I got this this morning....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2...15875-20755279/

One glaring misktake is that Jason did not put his house up for sale "yesterday". The house has been on the market a while. Plus, it suggests that he is selling it because of a forthcoming world tour.

Although there is a strong possibilty that Jimmy, JPJ, Jason and ? will tour next year, I would imagine that this has nothing do with Jason selling his house. He and his family relocated to Florida 3 years ago. I would presume it's practical and logical to sell a home that is no longer your homebase and that you rarely stay in.

:beer: very nice place too, lots of character and a highly respectable 3 acre plot.

I would have thought if Jason was touring he would be being paid for doing so and not having to sell a house to pay for it :blink:

Well, given the current state of the US economy and the Florida housing

market, maybe he needs the cash. After all, he did just quit his job... :D

:beer: very nice place too, lots of character and a highly respectable 3 acre plot.

It is a beautiful place. Jason and Jan have obviously very good taste :)

I would have thought if Jason was touring he would be being paid for doing so and not having to sell a house to pay for it :blink:

Which was kind of my point too.

Btw, wish I was at Kidderminster Town Hall tonight. Not only to see the wonderful Deborah Bonham, but I have a sneaky feeling that Jason just might put in an appearance. I will sit and have a sulky Sunday if indeed he does show up as I had intentions of going but circumstances have prevented me (once again!) :(

Enjoy the night! :)

It is a beautiful place. Jason and Jan have obviously very good taste :)

Which was kind of my point too.

Btw, wish I was at Kidderminster Town Hall tonight. Not only to see the wonderful Deborah Bonham, but I have a sneaky feeling that Jason just might put in an appearance. I will sit and have a sulky Sunday if indeed he does show up as I had intentions of going but circumstances have prevented me (once again!) :(

Enjoy the night! :)

wish I was going too, but can't make it today - ledded, I've PM'd you cheers.

Wow! Like OMG! It's great that Robert's replacing Ritchie Blackmore in Black Sabbath!

Led Zeppelin! I have all his albums! Whooo! I hope they have Coldplay supporting, I've got all his albums too! If they tour I'm going to EVERY show, even the ones they cancel because it's not really happening! OMG!

Repeat Ad Nauseum for the next 12 pages.

I'll believe it when the band makes an official announcement. I don't want to get my hopes up, only to have them shot to hell.

Last time I didn't have hope until about the day before the Plant-turns-down-a-hundred-bazillion-dollars headline. So I only fantasized for about a day or two. But it was sort of fun. Mostly I worried about how the hell I would even get a ticket and how much time I'd have to take off work. But then I got horny for them and all was well. Should I get horny again????? :unsure:

Last time I didn't have hope until about the day before the Plant-turns-down-a-hundred-bazillion-dollars headline. So I only fantasized for about a day or two. But it was sort of fun. Mostly I worried about how the hell I would even get a ticket and how much time I'd have to take off work. But then I got horny for them and all was well. Should I get horny again????? :unsure:

:beer: let those horns grow wherever they may, Suz.

the very manner of presenting this info makes me cringe. Why should they state it like this? Only to make fun out of it later? I do not like the very idea of someone "blackmaling" someone into doing something, especially when it comes to the best ever and my fav rock group.

i really hope it's true but i have to say i read the article and the story juts seems to be a piece of bullshit...it just sounds weird plant suddenly decided to make a world tour with zeppelin just because the other band members said they will tour with another singer..

Oh, I think his has been planned since long before the 'new singer' rumours came out.

Why not Suz?! Let's go along for the ride wherever it may take us! :)

the very manner of presenting this info makes me cringe. Why should they state it like this? Only to make fun out of it later? I do not like the very idea of someone "blackmaling" someone into doing something, especially when it comes to the best ever and my fav rock group.

I THINK THAT THE SUN ONLY KNOW THAT A TOUR IS TAKING PLACE

I AM PRETTY SURE THEIR 'STORY' FOR WHY PLANT IS NOW JOINING IS JUST SPECULATION BECAUSE THEY NEED SOMETHING TO WRITE AND THATS ABOUT BEST THEY CAN GET

My answer to that would be most definitely YES!! I'm right there with you on that one!!

;):P

I THINK THAT THE SUN ONLY KNOW THAT A TOUR IS TAKING PLACE

I AM PRETTY SURE THEIR 'STORY' FOR WHY PLANT IS NOW JOINING IS JUST SPECULATION BECAUSE THEY NEED SOMETHING TO WRITE AND THATS ABOUT BEST THEY CAN GET

yep, and the volume of bulldust that will be showered on us right after something starts to happen .... I only hope that at some point we shall have the access to more respected sources than this one.

I hate to get involved in this because doubtless I'm just repeating, but

If we go back to the first rumor, the one that turned out to be true, it was that Zep were approached by Mica Ertegun and had agreed to do something. After practice with Jason things went so well that they agreed to do a show, and Robert was more amenable to a tour than ever. A short time later Robert was at some kind of opening with a giant guitar sculpture, meets a fan and confirms the single Zep show.

Obviously the show happened and it went well, in it's own way better than the Cream show or the Pink Floyd mini set. If there is Plant involvement in the 3J's, we won't hear of it until a year has elapsed after the Ertegun benefit, and Plant has exhausted the new songs possibility with K and T-Bone. Plant will follow his muse, and for that reason what he does will have artistic merit, and won't suck. This fanboy wishes daily for Plant's muse to lead inextricably back to Zeppelin, where he can harness his power-belter range in a way that shows he needs to in order to express himself completely. I hear him slip into it at PK shows. He wants to go there. He can't help it.

Archived