Today's Sun: Led Yep, Robert's in for the reunion....

DanelectroGod

Actually, some of those rumors were true.

These are the same type of rumors and stories that magazines like Hit Parader ran back in 1986. "Led Zeppelin born again" and then almost every year afterwards. I used to get so excited after hearing the latest Zeppelin to reunite story and was dissapointed every time when it was not true. I have learned not to really believe anything the press has to say about Zeppelin. They are just trying to sell you a load of shit.

I can't read her mind, if I were in her shoes and I got the sense that Robert was about to blow his last big opportunity to go back to Zep in order to make another album with her, in a partnership everyone knows has a limited shelf-life, I'd tell him to go back to Zep. Maybe they can rush into the studio and record a 2nd album as a coda, but not tour with it. I always got the sense that Raising Sand was kind of a woodshedding project for Robert as a singer, that he was getting more out of it than the other two, by interloping into their genre and taking notes on how to sing harmony. Robert really should not wear out his welcome with AK. She and T-Bone have other things to do. You need to know when a musical project has run its natural course. He can take what he's learned with him.

Nice post! :beer:

These are the same type of rumors and stories that magazines like Hit Parader ran back in 1986. "Led Zeppelin born again" and then almost every year afterwards. I used to get so excited after hearing the latest Zeppelin to reunite story and was dissapointed every time when it was not true. I have learned not to really believe anything the press has to say about Zeppelin. They are just trying to sell you a load of shit.

Weren't rumors then. They were rehearsing with Tony Thompson in '86 until Thompson's car accident, when Plant pulled the plug on it.

I'll chime in here and agree with above.

Rollercoaster ride , threads with continuous babbling and speculation.

Rumors , assumptions , wishes and dreams.

I said this awhile ago , it's not uncommon for a band to use stand-in singers . To tighten the ship.

I think Rob has been onboard all along . Waiting for his AK tour to play out .

Band gets tight , Rob flies in , possible new tracks , summer tour 2009.

The 02 proved he has it in the tank still. Downtuning version , but with power to spare.

See ya there .

Peace

I've thought they would tour and or put out new material every since the 02, even before.

Just recently, I let the nay sayers make me think it would never happen though.

I think all this publicity about LZ has all been carefully orchastrated.

Saving up money for LZ tix. :D

I can't read her mind, if I were in her shoes and I got the sense that Robert was about to blow his last big opportunity to go back to Zep in order to make another album with her, in a partnership everyone knows has a limited shelf-life, I'd tell him to go back to Zep. Maybe they can rush into the studio and record a 2nd album as a coda, but not tour with it. I always got the sense that Raising Sand was kind of a woodshedding project for Robert as a singer, that he was getting more out of it than the other two, by interloping into their genre and taking notes on how to sing harmony. Robert really should not wear out his welcome with AK. She and T-Bone have other things to do. You need to know when a musical project has run its natural course. He can take what he's learned with him.

Alison and T Bone have no role in Robert Plant's decision-making process regarding Zeppelin projects.

I've thought they would tour and or put out new material every since the 02, even before.

Just recently, I let the nay sayers make me think it would never happen though.

I think all this publicity about LZ has all been carefully orchastrated.

Saving up money for LZ tix. :D

I agree that some orchestration is going on, but someone is incredibly out of tune.

In my opinion this whole scenario will not play itself out until the raising sand tour is over in October. Robert will not expose himself to questions during the final leg of this tour. I believe, they have an awards ceremony to attend this Fall, Classic Rock Awards? I think at that point all will be revealed.

As for Robert caving in, since the unfortunate demise of the band, he hasn't caved in for anything, why start now.

Remember the other false reports? Well I believe we will get some kind of either confirmation or denial within 48-72 hours. They wont let this just hang out there. They put it to rest before, this time Im hoping for the opposite. An announcement of a full tour.

Yeah, but it's been over 72 hours with the recent story- touring without Robert- so I doubt we'll hear anything official if this story is connected with that one. Does that make sense? :rolleyes:

Still..have some hope!

Keep the Mojo flowing...

mojo6pk.jpg

Why not? Would it be out of the question for him to confer with either? I am not saying this is the case, just that it is probable.

At this point I think he is probably closer to Buddy Miller than anyone else, and he has already, hastily if I may add, recorded some stuff for Buddy's next album.

Well it is so funny that all of you Zeppelin fans doubted that he would tour with the group. Robert has been on tour with Allison and has made it clear that he will finish that tour. He is having fun expanding his wings as any musician would and he is not going to drop out of a nationally scheduled tour just because the press keeps hounding and hounding and hinting the band will go on tour without him. True I have certain insight and I know y'all are having fun on this forum and why not???? It's fun and entertaining for all to read what others think, but facts are facts and fun is fun.

I hope everyone that has wants to see the band live get to see them on the 09 tour.

Peace

Miami Muse

At this point I think he is probably closer to Buddy Miller than anyone else, and he has already, hastily if I may add, recorded some stuff for Buddy's next album.

With what is at stake here from a fan prospective, I think the finger pointing has been extremely minimal. I believe Zep fans understand it is Robert who will make his own choice. I have read the reviews of asshats screaming at Alison during a concert and yes, I That find pathetic.

With what is at stake here from a fan prospective, I think the finger pointing has been extremely minimal. I believe Zep fans understand it is Robert who will make his own choice. I have read the reviews of asshats screaming at Alison during a concert and yes, I That find pathetic.

I guess that is why I sometimes may come across as overly defensive. Many fans have been very classy, a loud minority have not. Some idiots have even posted hacked-up Wiki alledging that we still own slaves in Tennessee and Kentucky, not to mention the mundane redneck comments. Some comments have been humorous, many have not. I understand that not everyone has been happy with decisions that were made regarding the extended fall dates, etc. however that is what Robert Plant agreed to at the time. He has conducted himself with utmost class during his time in Nashville, and hopefully fans attending the final shows will display the same level of class and decorum. I don't have any hopeful expectations for the media, in the class and decorum department.

I guess that is why I sometimes may come across as overly defensive. Many fans have been very classy, a loud minority have not. Some idiots have even posted hacked-up Wiki alledging that we still own slaves in Tennessee and Kentucky, not to mention the mundane redneck comments. Some comments have been humorous, many have not. I understand that not everyone has been happy with decisions that were made regarding the extended fall dates, etc. however that is what Robert Plant agreed to at the time. He has conducted himself with utmost class during his time in Nashville, and hopefully fans attending the final shows will display the same level of class and decorum. I don't have any hopeful expectations for the media, in the class and decorum department.

FYI, my wife is from KY. Her family still resides in KY. I visit a few times a year. I love it more everytime I go.

Archived