Today's Sun: Led Yep, Robert's in for the reunion....

DanelectroGod

Iam with ya, if this is bullshit iam going to bomb the fucking place. That said i hope this happens.

Regards

Cav

I know the journalist that wrote this article in the Sun and she is always right on the button. If Jess Rogers says it's gonna happen then you can bet your college fees that its gonna happen!

Uncle Tom

Q 107 here in Toronto mentioned this almost as a breaking news story this morning then retracted it 10 minutes later when the web page went down. Isn't it possible that the page was inundated with viewers that it crashed? The radio station was under the impression that it was taken down.

It's going to happen. I believe it. I've believed it for a long time, for no other reason that I just feel it. Maybe I'm guilty of wishful thinking, but if so - guilty as charged and happily so.

If we dream it, they will come ... B)

Best news I've had in a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time.

Edit: typo

Ditto Lilith....I've enjoyed watching the mania unfold but have held firm in my heart that this would indeed happen. Thanks for sharing the same energy, I'm certain there was quite a field force of energy surrounding the entire situation!

:hippy:

If Robert is on board, I really don't think that he was pressured into it. He has to want it or it would never be 100% of its potential. After waiting 28 years for a reunion TOUR, I'll believe it when I hear it from Jimmy, Robert, JPJ or an official press release. Until then, fingers crossed.

And he's right.

Oh I wasn't discrediting him. When the guy makes a statement he sticks to it. And also when he knows something, he doesn't beat around the bush with the info. No whispers or hidden messages. So he has my respect for that. He is not afraid to put his rump on the line, and will answer a question directly. You have to admire that.

Courtesy of your friends at the Sun who are always there when you need them.

A source revealed: “The rest of the band had all but given up on Robert joining them, but they were determined to go ahead so had started to seriously explore other avenues.

“When Robert realised the band were serious about doing it without him, it made him think long and hard.

“He realised he couldn’t face the thought of not being involved.

“The band were over the moon when he told them the news.

“They are now forging ahead with the tour plans and they can’t wait to get on the road.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showb...icle1735624.ece

Meanwhile, in other news.

The Oklahoma City Zoo hosts Plant, Krauss in Hurricane Ike benefit

By Gene Triplett

Entertainment Editor

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss turn their music-making travels into a mission of mercy tonight at the Zoo Amphitheatre when the hurriedly organized Oklahoma City stop on their "Raising Sand” tour becomes a fundraising event for the victims of Hurricane Ike.

"It'd be great to see some people turn out,” Plant said in a phone interview from St. Louis Wednesday. "I mean we're playing out of our minds. It's a really great show that we're doing and we're all dutybound to be doing something like this. It's the time to do it. So I can only imagine it's going to be a spectacular night.”

Plant said he's hoping for a follow-up album with Krauss sometime in the future.

"We keep threatening to try and be sensible together long enough to make another collection of songs, yeah,” he said. "Most importantly, the humor and the charm that we all share is a blessing in this rather incestuous and occasionally acrid career. Musicians aren't always the greatest to be around and this bunch of people are a dream. So, yeah, we talk about it and we are collecting more and more songs and threatening to write stuff together. I think it'll be something that isn't going to go away that easily.”

http://newsok.com/the-oklahoma-city-zoo-ho...article/3302732

Q 107 here in Toronto mentioned this almost as a breaking news story this morning then retracted it 10 minutes later when the web page went down. Isn't it possible that the page was inundated with viewers that it crashed? The radio station was under the impression that it was taken down.

This is what happens when a page gets too much traffic. It's the "slashdot effect".

I would like to say that if this is true I hope that all the people that bashed Robert Plant on this site do not get the chance to see them during this reunion. You are not real Led Zeppelin fans and were willing to sell Percy out! Your selfish and have no clue about what they were about or what they are to become. You don't deserve the honor of seeing them so I hope you all choke on your bullshit thearies. Debate that for the next month or so and again it is not LED ZEPPELIN without Robert Plant period.

I would like to say that if this is true I hope that all the people that bashed Robert Plant on this site do not get the chance to see them during this reunion. You are not real Led Zeppelin fans and were willing to sell Percy out! Your selfish and have no clue about what they were about or what they are to become. You don't deserve the honor of seeing them so I hope you all choke on your bullshit thearies. Debate that for the next month or so and again it is not LED ZEPPELIN without Robert Plant period.

Fuck you and your high horse.

If this is true, this is a bummer for me. My best friend just passed away, and he was the biggest Zep fan in the world. He saw them in 77 on their Northa American tour, 79 in Knebworth, and their last show in 80 in Germany. I guess he's with Bonzo now.

I'm sorry about your friend passing away...perhaps he'll be smiling all the same and he'll have the best seat in the heavens with very good company.

I guess the Sun is now official band management.

This is a non issue until it becomes a issue with confirmed tour dates, news conference, sponsorship and all that goes with a legitimate rock and roll tour.

There have been some good points made on this topic. One poster made the valid point that this article reads like that it was written by a 12 year old. The lack of sophisitcation kinda leads you to believe that it is just a tabloid making up a story to sell newspapers (which I know is SO unlike them). Yet on the other hand, there are untold millions who hold a Led Zeppelin reunion pretty sacred, especially in England. If they were making this up they would face some pretty heavy repurcussions and it would greatly hurt their sales.

I want to believe this is real but I won't be convinced until I see the press conference where the band members themselves announce the tour.

Well, I just got a ticket alert from GoTickets, so that confirms it!

Actually they sent an alert back in the spring that Zep would be at Bonnaroo - except it ended up being Lez Zeppelin.

They also sent one earlier in the week that said John Bonham would be touring with Jones and Page (with another singer). To which I replied to them it was disgusting for them to print that during the week people were celebrating the life of Bonzo, being the anniversary of his passing and to get their facts straight.

But, again, with such a great track record I know this time it must be true - yeah right!

Don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but I'll believe it when an official press release is sent and tour dates are officially set.

They haven't sent an official press release yet? But the Sun made an announcement. Maybe there is some kind of delay.

No, the Sun ran a story. Big difference there. Besides, how can a newspaper make an announcement that is not their announcement to make? :blink:

Archived