Today's Sun: Led Yep, Robert's in for the reunion....

DanelectroGod

Alison and T Bone have no role in Robert Plant's decision-making process regarding Zeppelin projects.

Nonsense. He's not holding them hostage. The only way Robert's tenure with those two will continue is if they want it to continue. If he wants to keep avoiding Zeppelin, maybe going back to Strange Sensations, that's his prerogative, but he can't expect to keep following AK around indefinitely. They aren't just his solo backing band.

Some idiots have even posted hacked-up Wiki alledging that we still own slaves in Tennessee and Kentucky, not to mention the mundane redneck comments.

I don't know anyone who did that. But anyone knowledgeable about United States history knows that Kentucky, including East Kentucky, has a history of slavery. I don't care how many times a week that you attend church or how much fine food you serve to Mr. Plant, that is a fact of life. I like to think that all those fine black folks did not slave away in the old days for nothing. At least let's get the history right.

Mr. Plant and Ms. Krauss can go back to making their living off black men's songs now.

As for Robert caving in, since the unfortunate demise of the band, he hasn't caved in for anything, why start now.

Page/Plant could be considered caving in, timed as it was right after Coverdale/Page. Of course, Robert would never see it that way. There is always a rationalization offered for the things he does.

I guess that is why I sometimes may come across as overly defensive. Many fans have been very classy, a loud minority have not. Some idiots have even posted hacked-up Wiki alledging that we still own slaves in Tennessee and Kentucky, not to mention the mundane redneck comments. Some comments have been humorous, many have not. I understand that not everyone has been happy with decisions that were made regarding the extended fall dates, etc. however that is what Robert Plant agreed to at the time. He has conducted himself with utmost class during his time in Nashville, and hopefully fans attending the final shows will display the same level of class and decorum. I don't have any hopeful expectations for the media, in the class and decorum department.

Kentuckygirl,I very much enjoy your posts.Let the unexperienced think about us "suthnuhs"as they wish.

Did I read on this forum or elsewhere that T Bone stated that Robert should entertain the idea of working with JP and JPJ again?Or was it a dream,crazy dream?

I don't know anyone who did that. But anyone knowledgeable about United States history knows that Kentucky, including East Kentucky, has a history of slavery. I don't care how many times a week that you attend church or how much fine food you serve to Mr. Plant, that is a fact of life. I like to think that all those fine black folks did not slave away in the old days for nothing. At least let's get the history right.

Mr. Plant and Ms. Krauss can go back to making their living off black men's songs now.

You mean like Messrs. Page, Plant, Jones and Bonham did with Willie Dixon, Otis Rush, Sonny Boy Williamson, Howlin' Wolf, Memphis Minnie, Robert Johnson, et. al.?

Then you might want to berate:

Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac,

John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers,

The Rolling Stones,

Cream,

The Yardbirds,

Led Zeppelin,

Eric Clapton,

Jeff Beck,

The Animals,

Alexis Korner,

Cyril Davis...

And they're just the ones who fall in the British category. Pretty much every major rock band has had some influence, directly or indirectly, to those 'black men's songs'.

And how is attending church and serving Robert food relevent to the history of your country?

I want so badly to say "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" :D

But for me to belief it, it has to come straight from the horse's mouth. The Sun better not be yanking our collective chain! :angry:

That's why I am afraid to believe it until I hear it from them.

No wonder Plant's bodyguards told you to get lost. Right now I wish I had a bodyguard to do the same.

Then you might want to berate:

Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac,

John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers,

The Rolling Stones,

Cream,

The Yardbirds,

Led Zeppelin,

Eric Clapton,

Jeff Beck,

The Animals,

Alexis Korner,

Cyril Davis...

And they're just the ones who fall in the British category. Pretty much every major rock band has had some influence, directly or indirectly, to those 'black men's songs'.

And how is attending church and serving Robert food relevent to the history of your country?

Did I read on this forum or elsewhere that T Bone stated that Robert should entertain the idea of working with JP and JPJ again?Or was it a dream,crazy dream?

In a recent interview, T-Bone said he would love to see Robert go back to Zep again. That doesn't necessarily mean that T-Bone and AK have performed an intervention on him, but I think they know as well as anyone that destiny has been calling since the O2.

In a recent interview, T-Bone said he would love to see Robert go back to Zep again. That doesn't necessarily mean that T-Bone and AK have performed an intervention on him, but I think they know as well as anyone that destiny has been calling since the O2.

You are correct about T-Bone's view on that subject. He has been very open about that, even to the media. He thinks Robert belongs with Zep at this time in history.

You are correct about T-Bone's view on that subject. He has been very open about that, even to the media. He thinks Robert belongs with Zep at this time in history.

Must be an interesting debate going on in his head if he feels strongly about it... Do I tell Robert to go back to Led Zeppelin so millions(including myself) will be happy? Or do I convince Robert we still have work to do here(and keeping making music with Robert FREAKIN' Plant)?

If I were him, I suppose I would want to keep that bottle of lightning as close as possible!

Of course I am not implying that he has actually done one or the other...

Must be an interesting debate going on in his head if he feels strongly about it... Do I tell Robert to go back to Led Zeppelin so millions(including myself) will be happy? Or do I convince Robert we still have work to do here(and keeping making music with Robert FREAKIN' Plant)?

If I were him, I suppose I would want to keep that bottle of lightning as close as possible!

Nashville will be here whenever/if Robert decides to return. He will always be welcome here.

Wow, it is hard not to jump on this bandwagon, but still I find it hard to belive when you consider the timing.. why would this be released before his current tour is over.. if it was leaked before it's time, someone should be out of a job..

I want to belive!! I want to believe!!! I'm afraid to believe.

I just think if Robert ever wants to return to Zep, he should make a commitment to a summer tour now, as the rumors claim he's doing. That way he gets the press off his back and he can finish a new album with AK. When the partnership with AK fizzles off as it was sooner or later, he can waltz right back into Zep as the conquering hero. It's the best way to get people to listen to his stuff without feeling like they are endorsing his decision to stay away from Zep. Really, it's a win-win.

Nonsense. He's not holding them hostage. The only way Robert's tenure with those two will continue is if they want it to continue. If he wants to keep avoiding Zeppelin, maybe going back to Strange Sensations, that's his prerogative, but he can't expect to keep following AK around indefinitely. They aren't just his solo backing band.

I think that the only way Robert's tenure with AK and T-Bone continuing would be if they all decide it's what they want to take further. I don't agree that he is doing this project to avoid Zeppelin. I think he's smart enough to realize he can't avoid it, I'm not sure I agree that avoidance is really an issue for him.

IMO I think it's disrespectful to every musician involved in the RS project to intimate that Robert is "following" Alison around indefintely or that Robert considers them to be his "backing band".

No disrespect meant to you personally.

Archived