Today's Sun: Led Yep, Robert's in for the reunion....

DanelectroGod

I love your post rokarolla! :D All I know is the anticipation is killing me! fingerscrossed1.gif

Isn't there a sig limit on this board? Good lord.

EDIT: Yes there is...

Signatures may contain images, but may not be any larger than 400x150. If your signature is larger than the allotted size given, you will be requested by a moderator to resize your image. Please also keep text signatures under 5 lines. Failing to append with a moderator will result in the removal of your signature.

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?act=boardrules

Isn't there a sig limit on this board? Good lord.

EDIT: Yes there is...

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?act=boardrules

If sig files really bother you that much just go to 'My Control'/'Board Settings' and where it says 'Do you wish to view members signatures when reading topics?' choose 'NO'.

Simple solution to your problem!

I hate to get involved in this because doubtless I'm just repeating, but

If we go back to the first rumor, the one that turned out to be true, it was that Zep were approached by Mica Ertegun and had agreed to do something. After practice with Jason things went so well that they agreed to do a show, and Robert was more amenable to a tour than ever. A short time later Robert was at some kind of opening with a giant guitar sculpture, meets a fan and confirms the single Zep show.

Obviously the show happened and it went well, in it's own way better than the Cream show or the Pink Floyd mini set. If there is Plant involvement in the 3J's, we won't hear of it until a year has elapsed after the Ertegun benefit, and Plant has exhausted the new songs possibility with K and T-Bone. Plant will follow his muse, and for that reason what he does will have artistic merit, and won't suck. This fanboy wishes daily for Plant's muse to lead inextricably back to Zeppelin, where he can harness his power-belter range in a way that shows he needs to in order to express himself completely. I hear him slip into it at PK shows. He wants to go there. He can't help it.

I noticed this at the PK shows I saw.

Plant will follow his muse, and for that reason what he does will have artistic merit, and won't suck. This fanboy wishes daily for Plant's muse to lead inextricably back to Zeppelin, where he can harness his power-belter range in a way that shows he needs to in order to express himself completely. I hear him slip into it at PK shows. He wants to go there. He can't help it.

He sorta has to blend it right though. If he tries to mix a 1968 martini instead of a 2008 martini, the olive might taste wrong.

Wow you think? And here I thought we were in the queue for tickets. :rolleyes:

The thread is so hilarious that you didn't even take time to read that 90% of the posts are debating the validity of the story.

You can just crawl right out of my ass, mate. I don't have time to thumb through 10+ pages of asinine tripe to get to the meat. My comments were based on the initial first posts. It shows how eager people are to chomp at the bit though when we're now on page 12 of this mindless dribble.

:rolleyes: yourself!

You can just crawl right out of my ass, mate. I don't have time to thumb through 10+ pages of asinine tripe to get to the meat. My comments were based on the initial first posts. It shows how eager people are to chomp at the bit though when we're now on page 12 of this mindless dribble.

:rolleyes: yourself!

It's a discussion site. There's discussion on said topic. Go figure. If you're looking for news, check the main site (www.ledzeppelin.com) or a newspaper that isn't The Sun.

I would believe it if it were on a more reputable website than a tabloid newspaper. If it had been Rolling Stone or something then perhaps. But I think, in the final analysis, I'll believe it when Led Zeppelin announces it on the official site.

I would believe it if it were on a more reputable website than a tabloid newspaper. If it had been Rolling Stone or something then perhaps. But I think, in the final analysis, I'll believe it when Led Zeppelin announces it on the official site.

Agreed, it has to be official not just a rumour.

No offense meant, but Rolling Stone is just as much of a rag as The Sun. It's a genuine hackathon.

When I SEE or HEAR the actual music I'll be sold. Until then, it's just another "Jim Morrison is alive!" kinda deal.

No offense meant, but Rolling Stone is just as much of a rag as The Sun. It's a genuine hackathon.

When I SEE or HEAR the actual music I'll be sold. Until then, it's just another "Jim Morrison is alive!" kinda deal.

I'm not a fan of Rolling Stone but they're far more credible a source than The Sun IMO.

I'm not a fan of Rolling Stone but they're far more credible a source than The Sun IMO.

I really can't argue that part. Unfortunately. :lol:

But dear God I hate that rag. It has just become a vehicle for slagging real bands and promoting liberal politics. I'll stick to my Guitar World, thank you. :)

Most of the events that have ever occurred in history have been borne out of rumour.

Rolling Stone and the rest of the "music tabloids" are trying to make up ground for all the years they trashed Zeppelin.

Too little, too late.

Is it just me or has there been an increase in forum membership since The Sun report, all hoping for some official clarification?

That's not a bad thing as I hadn't bothered to join for years, even going back to the Electric Magic forum days.

I frequently checked it out but as it wasn't "the official" band's webpage I treated it as just another site and there are others.

Even when "the official" site eventuated it took a long time before it became what it is today.

As for the stupid slanging match going on here, how about giving us all a break and STFU!?

If you have something to say about the rumour and I repeat rumour, pro or con, then great, all contributions welcome.

Healthy discussions and debates are fine except when they degenerate into mindless attacks and defensiveness all because of misinterpretation of what someone has written.

Most of the posters have a great sense of humour where others are so bleak they would break their own face if they cracked a smile.

Closure is what started it so can we have some of it now on this?

I can't see that it was anything to do with this thread, but--OK. I've been trying to close the mindless discussion for days, because nothing would have given many of us greater pleasure.

Sorry to have offended you, Reggie, I won't do so in future.

Over and out.

By the way, I'm so sorry, I didn't realize you were a mod. Or that discussion of this rumor was compulsory.

Archived