Leona and Whole Lotta Love

Knebby

From an interview in yesterday's Mail On Sunday

"No one would ever have thougt to put the two of us together. Led Zeppelin and Leona? It isn't a combination you'd normally think of, is it? But as soon as I was asked by the Olympic committee I was excited. I met Jimmy and he was lovely, I completely knew who he was, because loads of my Aunts were huge fans of his. What amazed me was that he knew who I was. He'd seen me on The X Factor and he even asked me for an autograph for his granddaughter. He was so lovely to me."

Lewis tells me that it was she who made the decision to rearrange "Whole Lotta Love" to suit her ow voice. When I remark that many others would never have dared even to suggest such rock sacrilege. Lewis shakes her head, creating waterfalls of long amber curls around her face. "I knew had to change it, to make it into something a bit different, because there was no way I could do the original. I had to make it my own. I told Jimmy straight away. I sat with some producers and we worked it to what we wantedit to be and then called Jimmy.I couldn't actually be in the room while e listened to what we did to his song. BUt after a few minutes he just walked out of the room with a huge smile on his face and said "I love it"

"I still can't believe I did that with Jimmy Page at the olympics. Some things are just so big they still don't hit you even when they've actually happened."

She also revealed that she and Jimmy were worried about the state their hair etc woud be in by the time they were revealed from their secret hideaways in the top of the bus. :D

Ooh found the link to save me more typing and scanning.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/moslive/arti...ys-picture.html

Cheers, Knebby. I actually had that copy and read the relevent Pagey bits. The only discrepancy I saw was Leona stating that Jimmy asked for her autography - for his granddaughter. Hard to believe considering she's only a few months old. Still, was a fun little read, and very much enjoyed her stating that at one point all she could hear was Jimmy breathing at the side of her

:D

Lucky sod (Leona).

Cheers, Knebby. I actually had that copy and read the relevent Pagey bits. The only discrepancy I saw was Leona stating that Jimmy asked for her autography - for his granddaughter. Hard to believe considering she's only a few months old.

Yeah we were all laughing at that - "Sure, what's her name?"

"Err - Jimmy". :D

If she butchers the song ill cry, I mean yeah it could go good but i mean if this chick was good id be listening to her already.... just my two cents

:huh: Did you miss the Olympics? Its already happened.

I heard that they (Chinese officials) had to sanitize the song lyrics to be more un-sexual...

WLL has some boy's lyrics, hard for a lady to sing it word for word :D Leona was fantastic, each time I see her video now it's "Our Leona" for everyone ;)

lol i havent heard it yet, i thought it was for a future one lol ill youtube it

Most of the good quality clips of this performance were pulled by NBC on YouTube in the hours and days following Olympics although you may get lucky since some time has passed as they may not be looking for this as much. I'm sure they did it as it will be part of some Olympics dvd release. Anyway since you were sleeping and not only missed the news as well as the performance of our beloved Jimmy playing the closing ceremonies in Beijing with Leona Lewis here is the full clip for you. Hope you enjoy it and theres only a minimal amount of talking on it. It may take a bit for the clip to load depending on your pc. Just be patient.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/player.ht...HD_CCB_HL_L1806

lol thanks for the post and the link, I got a chance to take a look this morning and was quite surpised and the out come, It sounded pretty sweet if i do say so myself.

Good work!!!! Very happy to see jimmy on stage again and the fact he hasnt died his again back to black is awsome!

Archived