What Are You Reading?

Chicken

Well usually I am reading work related technical material but today I am reading the newest issue of Guitar World about Tony Iommi and his 40 years in Black Sabbath also a story about Jimmy in China and Alice Cooper Billion Dollar Baby day revisited and a story on Lindsey Buckingham from Fleetwood Mac.

Iris Johansen - Stalemate - Forensic Thriller - Ms. Johansen writes about Eve Duncan

I just started one of her Eve Duncan books today; got about 1/3 through while my son was at soccer practice and I was shivering in the car :) I'm really enjoying it and will probably get some more read tonight.

I'm reading 'The Manuscript found in Saragossa' by Jan Potocki. Saw the film,which is called 'The Saragossa Manuscript' a little while ago and loved it. So....thought I'd give the book a try. Also reading a history of Tea but can't remember the author.It's at home:I'm at work.

It was nice to read everything in one place, instead of different magazines I'd collected. Some things I didn't know. A lot I did. But I still loved it. I also liked how George Case incorporated the lines from The Ocean for his dectaction. That's my favorite line in the song.

thanks......I will defiantly buy it soon.

• 3 weeks later...
I just finished reading that one. The Steven Adler part... :unsure:

Just started 'When Giants Walked The Earth' now.

It was interesting to hear what it's like being the kid.

I should get When Giants Walked the Earth.

I finished Dying To Live...A story of U.S. immigration in an age of Global Apartheid.

Really an eye opener. by Joesph Nevins.

My sis just brought two bags full of paperbacks, and I'm not really into fiction, but they come in handy when I just HAVE to read. Like now, I'm reading The Good Guy...Koontz. Some of his writing is so predictable, and the "cutesyness" of some of his lines turns me way off.

Hmm.. I need to go to the bookstore AND the library.

Just started one by Debbie Macomber from the library; I forget the title. Lite, pleasant reading, sort of along the lines of a sunnier Mary Higgins Clark. I enjoyed her books about angels at Christmas; very different from what I usually read :)

Not sure if members have used a Kindle Wireless Reader, but you can download free books from Amazon or pay $9.95 per download, wireless is free and light weight. Kindle Wireless Readers cost $359 and you can take a look at it on Amazon or google it. Worth the price since hard cover books are around $30.

I am currently reading "The Oracle, Ancient Delphi and the Science Behind It's Lost Secrets" by Wm. Broad. Only in a few pages. Since reading the book "The Last Oracle" by Jas. Rollins, now I am intrigued by the Oracle of Delphi. One wonders when stories have been passed down through the generations if they truly existed and not a myth but actually happened.

I am currently reading "The Oracle, Ancient Delphi and the Science Behind It's Lost Secrets" by Wm. Broad. Only in a few pages. Since reading the book "The Last Oracle" by Jas. Rollins, now I am intrigued by the Oracle of Delphi. One wonders when stories have been passed down through the generations if they truly existed and not a myth but actually happened.

I have been to Delphi in the mid 1990's. It is an amazing location, high up on a mountain on the slope overlooking a beautiful valley. There was a ruined ampitheater and I sat in the top-most row of stone seats and looked out over that valley. It was a very spiritual place. Fantastic experience.

I remember hearing that Alexander the Great consulted the Oracle before going into battles.

delphi6lge1.jpg

I read Patterson - only the Cross series - read his last book Double Cross, and can't wait til he brings Cross back again.

Cornwell - I only read her Scarpetta's series. Not impressed with her other books.

Sara Paretsky, murder/mystery writer from Chicago. She writes out VI Warshawski - I think one of her books was made into a movie with Kathleen Turner as VI Warshawski. Great suspense. If you know the Chicago area, you can imagine the places are mentioned. Most of her writing is about South Chicago.

Karin Slaughter - Beyond Reach - great book and I read all her books, especially Triptch.

Iris Johansen - Stalemate - Forensic Thriller - Ms. Johansen writes about Eve Duncan

JD Robb - writes about Eve Dallas in the 2025 year - good series to read - most of her books are Romantic Suspense.

Lisa Gardner - good author - waiting for her new book to come out - Say Goodbye.

Harlan Corben - The Woods - keeps you on your feet.

David Baldacci - he writes about the CIA, FBI, Washington DC - hooked on his books - waiting for his current book to be printed in paperback.

Still waiting for Grafton's next book starting w/ the letter T. I travel a lot so I read on the plane.

Enjoy!

Hey, I took you up on your recommend of Lisa Gardner, she is great. I read Hide. And I'm starting The Third Victim. :goodpost: