Jack Bruce slates Led Zep!

clarksdale

I have no clue why many of you are bashing Jethro Tull. Fucking awesome band live. Martin Barre is a extremely underrated guitarist. See them once and tell me they are boring. Plus, Ian Anderson has a lot of respect for Zeppelin to the point that he has covered "Kashmir" live.

:blink::blink:

^^^^^^^^

Yes, of course, Jack....Jimmy is indeed "shit". We totally understand where you're coming from..... :blink:

Edit: You know. it's best to give credit where it's due. Jack Bruce is one of the greatest lead Bass players ever...as well as a fine Vocalist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtIdBMPUJGk

Check out the above to witness one of the finest Trio performances in our history.

You really think death threats was acceptable because some musician slagged another musician :huh:

Couldn't agree more ! Those idiots are an embarassment to the good name of Led Zeppelin

Martin Barre is a extremely underrated guitarist.

True dat! His solo work is awesome! I also have heard rumor (unsubstantiated) that a certain Jimmy Page was in the studio when he laid down the solo for Aqualung. I'm sure ol' Steve could check his diary on that one! Steve-O? :beer:

As for Bruce, let's look at his post-Cream career: Jazz with McLaughlin, random appearnces on fusion albums, a brief stint with Leslie West, a failed attempt at an album with Mick Taylor, a dismal album called Howz Tricks, a "let's get the guy back on his feet" project with Cozy Powell and Jon Anderson, a re-recording of I Feel Free for Renault motorcars, a failed reunion with Ginger Baker featuring Gary Moore, a liver transplant, touring with Ringo's All Starr Band, and a Cream reunion. Damn Jack! Quite the pedestal to be dissing Zeppelin from! Be glad you've had the career you've had, and keep your finger pointed at your instrument. :beer:

True dat! His solo work is awesome! I also have heard rumor (unsubstantiated) that a certain Jimmy Page was in the studio when he laid down the solo for Aqualung. I'm sure ol' Steve could check his diary on that one! Steve-O? :beer:

As for Bruce, let's look at his post-Cream career: Jazz with McLaughlin, random appearnces on fusion albums, a brief stint with Leslie West, a failed attempt at an album with Mick Taylor, a dismal album called Howz Tricks, a "let's get the guy back on his feet" project with Cozy Powell and Jon Anderson, a re-recording of I Feel Free for Renault motorcars, a failed reunion with Ginger Baker featuring Gary Moore, a liver transplant, touring with Ringo's All Starr Band, and a Cream reunion. Damn Jack! Quite the pedestal to be dissing Zeppelin from! Be glad you've had the career you've had, and keep your finger pointed at your instrument. :beer:

Plus I heard Jimmy gave Martin a "thumbs up" through the glass while he cut his great solo on Aqualung.

As far as Jack Bruce, he is mentally ill and embarasses himself on a regular basis. Here's a link to a Ginger Baker interview where he touches on what a complete asshole Jack Bruce is, and how he lies like a rug. He says Bruce destroyed the Cream "reunion" right off the bat and freaked out on stage at MSG where he turned up his bass so loud on purpose to drowned out Baker, then yelled at him on stage yet again. Baker and Clapton both say Cream will never reunite again because of Jack-off Bruce. Baker says Bruce is not only an angry drunk but lies through his teeth, and reinvents history at will. So what he says about Zeppelin is comical at best, especially "the only good one in that band is dead", as if JPJ, JP, and RP have no talent whatsoever...HILARIOUS! Bruce himself knows he's full of shit as he admitted he was "more that just a little jealous of Zeppelin". That says it right there.

http://six.pairlist.net/pipermail/slowhand/2006/009492.html

This is from Classic Rock website: :angry::angry:

After the ceremony Dave Ling grabbed Bruce for a quickfire interview – and was stunned when the legendary bassist launched into an extraordinary anti-Led Zeppelin rant.

Here's a transcript of what transpired…

The million dollar question: Are Cream going to do anything again?

Oh yeah, I’m sure we will. But we’ll have Todd Rundgren [who’s just walked by] in the band by then.

It’s good news that there might be more from Cream.

Well, the trouble is that I’m doing so many amazing things on my own. Cream is just a band from many, many years ago, and we did do something [referring to the reunion shows in 2005]… Everybody talks about Led Zeppelin, and they played one fucking gig – one fucking lame gig – while Cream did weeks of gigs; proper gigs, not just a lame gig like Zeppelin did, with all the [vocal] keys lowered and everything. We played everything in the original keys. [becoming animated]: Fuck off, Zeppelin, you’re crap. You’ve always been crap and you’ll never be anything else. The worst thing is that people believe the crap that they’re sold. Cream is 10 times the band that Led Zeppelin is.

That’s a bold opinion.

What? You’re gonna compare Eric Clapton with that fucking Jimmy Page? Would you really compare that?

To be fair, they’re different kinds of player, aren’t they?

No! Eric’s good and Jimmy’s crap. And with that I rest my case

:lol: He sounds like trash-talking 14 year old boy here. I do love Cream, and saw them at the RAH in '05 as well, but damn.

:lol: He sounds like trash-talking 14 year old boy here. I do love Cream, and saw them at the RAH in '05 as well, but damn.

Obviously the only way to settle this is a Battle of the Bands!!! Winner could be picked by a panel of judges.. Simon, Paula, etc. Only then will we finally know who is THE supergroup.

kidding.

Hey, they are fine. Remember that version of Jeff Jimmy and Eric doing Stairway sans vocals?

It's wonderful and it's also obvious, they are brothers.

There was a reason Cream broke up in the first place....but whether it was a clash of personalities I don't know.

Anyway, old rock jealousies die hard.

• 6 months later...

Jack Bruce goofs off just like Robert Plant and can have an irritating sense of humor. The rants were part of his "tough love" for Jimmy and was only his way of encouraging him on. It's also his way of trying to get Robert back into the mix.

Can't you see that? :lol:

I see that as a remote possibility. Some of them Brits can be harsh.

There was a reason Cream broke up in the first place....but whether it was a clash of personalities I don't know.

Anyway, old rock jealousies die hard.

Sorry for the late reply 'georgio' but I've been time traveling again. :o

The reason that Cream broke up is because they "Curdled", Jack Bruce "Stirred" Ginger Baker up so much that he "Split" through "Over Whipping", and Eric was not showing up for management meetings unless "Tea" was served with the "Whipped Up Cream", and his belief that he was truely "God". ;)

Regards, Danny

Watts loved Bonzo.

Yeah, but that'd be if we see his full quotation:

JO: If you had a child...

CW: I do.

JO: Who wanted to become a professional rock drummer...

CW: I would say be a drummer, not a rock drummer. What the f**k's a rock drummer? I don't know what a rock drummer is.

LO: Bonham's one.

CW: Well, that's John Bonham playing with Led Zeppelin. Is that rock and roll?

LO: It's part of it, sure.

CW: What would I say to him? I wouldn't say anything.

LO: Would you suggest a course of study, people he or she should hear?

CW: Yeah. I would say learn to read music and listen to people other than John Bonham. Now you've got totally the wrong impression about what I just said - I can see it in your face. [Leans forward and speaks carefully.] John Bonham is the best at being John Bonham and doing what he does. Or did - unfortunately, he's dead. He was the best. There wasn't anyone better than John like that, and thank goodness we've got some records so that you can hear it. But there are a lot of other people.

Ginger Baker was a much better drummer than John Bonham, if you really want to know about drumming. Ginger Baker is the best drummer to emigrate out of England. Really, Ginger is. And the guy who Ginger idolized - whatever the word was - we all did - was a guy called Phil Seaman. And Ginger learned everything off Phil. But Ginger can read, you know. Ginger's not a fool. He can read music, he has wonderful chops, he has rudiments down. Having said all that, I don't. So I would say to anyone - not only my offspring, but anyone - that's what you should do, really. Otherwise, you're locked into doing what I do. Which is fine. It worked for me. And the most important thing of all of it is to be you. There's a load of people who play brilliant drums, but there's only one Billy Higgins. There's only one Elvin Jones. And the reason there's only one of them is their personality. Elvin is a huge black dynamo, you know. Naturally when you listen to him go, that's what he sounds like. And it doesn't have to be fast. It is this machine going. It's not a machine that's clicking regular; it's what Miles used to call "between the beats." It's African. It's what he is, man. Ginger is the same. Ginger is this skinny, huge white man who plays monstrous. But Ginger played like that when he was 20. I used to see him play.

- Charlie Watts Interviewed by Jas Obrecht of Guitar Player Magazine

Ginger Baker was a much better drummer than John Bonham, if you really want to know about drumming. Ginger Baker is the best drummer to emigrate out of England. Really, Ginger is.

Except his fear of using symbols that is and pissing off Jack Bruce.

Next.

KB

Ginger Baker was a much better drummer than John Bonham, if you really want to know about drumming. Ginger Baker is the best drummer to emigrate out of England. Really, Ginger is.

Next.

KB

Next.

KB

Have you developed a St-St-Stutter Kev? :lol:

Ginger, a better drummer than Bonzo? not in my book matey, next it will be people saying Jack is a better Bass Player than JPJ and a better singer than RP, or that Eric is "God". :hysterical:

If its all down to "Opinion" then you'll never get to the end of it, if its about "Preference" then i "Prefer" what Led Zeppelin and its members did musically over what Cream and its members did, any day. ;)

Regards, Danny

PS, N-N-N-No offence Kev. :lol:

Archived