Question for those who don't want a reunion

Zepaholic

I've read a few posts where people think that a reunion would "tarnish" their image. Hey, to each his own.

I'm wondering what the difference is between the J-3 (plus Joe Blow the singer) going out on tour with a new name and the Page Plant unledded tours in the 90's?

Really, both will feature only 2 original members and both have/will do a great deal of Zeppelin tracks.

Did Plant/Page tarnish your image of them? Or is it that you don't want them to tour even with Plant?!?!

IMHO nothing was tarnished on the P/P tours. Nothing will be tarnished if it's the three J's and a singer. If Robert were to be part of that, there's no way it could be tarnished.

The only way anything will be tarnished is if whatever comes out is a load of crap. I'm optimistic that this won't be the case

The difference is that the P&P tours were never going to be billed as Led Zeppelin, we went to see them because it was P&P, as the TWO surviving members are reportedly wanting to do it again as Led Zeppelin im affraid that it is starting to tarnish the name, they are gradually turning themselves into a kind of tribute act, which none of us would want. I say they got away with it with Jason because of whos son he is, the DNA was there, but im affraid without Robert it shouldnt be allowed to happen, i say wait for Robert to get on board, then full steam ahead, but without him im sorry but there should be no Led Zeppelin.

I don't recall JPJ or anyone else (JP or Jason especially) for that matter, specifically saying that they were seeking a replacement singer for Led Zeppelin.

What I did hear JPJ say was that they were jamming and were excited about playing loud music again and that Robert was not interested.

In my heart of hearts I would love to see Robert take his rightful place at the front and while it looks as though it won't happen, whom, apart from Robert really knows?

IMO nothing can tarnish or diminish what has gone before.

If and I repeat if, something is announced it will not be a reunion because Robert won't be involved.

Personally I would like to see the three of them record an album (not fucking downloads or exclusive releases through Wal Mart etc), and play some shows incorporating Zep songs, as it should be.

P & P didn't need to use the Led Zeppelin brand when they toured because everyone was aware they would play Zep as per Unledded.

Apart from Jimmy Page and The Black Crowes I don't know whether he played any Zep with Coverdale, The Firm or on the Outrider tour.

People have bitched about Robert not playing Zep in his early solo shows and others bitch about him succumbing and incorporating them into the later gigs.

You can't please everyone.

I read where people have literally said they would boycott the shows which is a pity as it would be their loss and nobody else's.

To each their own.

FTR I want them to play and I want them to play soon.

I'm not getting any younger either.

The difference is that the P&P tours were never going to be billed as Led Zeppelin, we went to see them because it was P&P, as the TWO surviving members are reportedly wanting to do it again as Led Zeppelin im affraid that it is starting to tarnish the name, they are gradually turning themselves into a kind of tribute act, which none of us would want. I say they got away with it with Jason because of whos son he is, the DNA was there, but im affraid without Robert it shouldnt be allowed to happen, i say wait for Robert to get on board, then full steam ahead, but without him im sorry but there should be no Led Zeppelin.

YOU might of went to see them as P&P, but a lot of us went because we want to see Led Zeppelin, and thats the closest we got since 1980! NOTHING can tarnish the image, unless your one of those music snobs who doesnt even play an instrument, yet thinks they know everything about music! Not to say you are...

YOU might of went to see them as P&P, but a lot of us went because we want to see Led Zeppelin, and thats the closest we got since 1980! NOTHING can tarnish the image, unless your one of those music snobs who doesnt even play an instrument, yet thinks they know everything about music! Not to say you are...

I saw Page and Plant many times and never once went thnking I was going to see Led Zeppelin. And that certainly didn't spoil ANY of it for me.

i went to enjoy them as singerwriters, performers, to hear their Clarksdale material as well as whatever they brought to the table in new arrangements to classic Zep songs and covers weaved in the set list, too. They did 4 or 5 Clarksdale songs, two covers and the rest were straight ahead versions of Zep or rearranged Zep songs.

I enjoyed it all. (even enjoyed the opener, Lily Haydn, an accomplished violinist who can sing, too).

:)

R B)

The name is not the issue, the intent is.

The intent? What supposed intent?

If the name is not the issue, then why are so many people saying that they wouldn't call it Led Zeppelin without Robert Plant.

Can you clarify?

I saw Page and Plant many times and never once went thnking I was going to see Led Zeppelin. And that certainly didn't spoil ANY of it for me.

Same here. I saw three shows and loved them all. And never did I stop and think "they're tarnishing the memory of Led Zeppelin". I was just thankful to see the songs live again. :D

Same here. I saw three shows and loved them all. And never did I stop and think "they're tarnishing the memory of Led Zeppelin". I was just thankful to see the songs live again. :D

And thankful to see them on stage together again

You can't tarnish a name like Led Zeppelin or the Beatles or even the Rolling Stones. Those type of groups/bands are already set in stone. Elvis' name isn't even tarnished as far as his musical legacy goes and he has millions of imitators out there. There's too much proven with Led Zeppelin to tarnish it. The reason Zeppelin never got back together in the 80s is because they didn't feel like there was anyone that could fill in for John Bonham. Now they have a guy that can fill in for him and he happens to be his son.

I've read a few posts where people think that a reunion would "tarnish" their image. Hey, to each his own.

I'm wondering what the difference is between the J-3 (plus Joe Blow the singer) going out on tour with a new name and the Page Plant unledded tours in the 90's?

Really, both will feature only 2 original members and both have/will do a great deal of Zeppelin tracks.

Did Plant/Page tarnish your image of them? Or is it that you don't want them to tour even with Plant?!?!

unfortunately the media have gotten hold of this by the teeth - so whatever happens down the line they'll be known as *Led Zeppelin now touring as [insert new name]*

This never happened with P&P.... definitely not to this extent.

unfortunately the media have gotten hold of this by the teeth - so whatever happens down the line they'll be known as *Led Zeppelin now touring as [insert new name]*

This never happened with P&P.... definitely not to this extent.

Because it was known from the start what the name was. It's not even a 100% sure thing that a tour or anything is going to happen at this point.

They can call themselves Page and Jones (or another name other than Led Zeppelin) and play all the Zeppelin songs they wish! I think it's great if they tour because many are dying to see them play again. My concern is another singer doing Robert Plant's songs. I don't think i could go to that show. But for those who will take what they can get, this will be a magical show. The closest i got to Zeppelin was Live Aid. I have accepted this and still love the music. That's enough for me now....but if Robert were to join in, i would go!

They can call themselves Page and Jones (or another name other than Led Zeppelin) and play all the Zeppelin songs they wish! I think it's great if they tour because many are dying to see them play again. My concern is another singer doing Robert Plant's songs. I don't think i could go to that show. But for those who will take what they can get, this will be a magical show. The closest i got to Zeppelin was Live Aid. I have accepted this and still love the music. That's enough for me now....but if Robert were to join in, i would go!

What if there is a new album, and you love it?

I don't recall JPJ or anyone else (JP or Jason especially) for that matter, specifically saying that they were seeking a replacement singer for Led Zeppelin.

What I did hear JPJ say was that they were jamming and were excited about playing loud music again and that Robert was not interested.

In my heart of hearts I would love to see Robert take his rightful place at the front and while it looks as though it won't happen, whom, apart from Robert really knows?

IMO nothing can tarnish or diminish what has gone before.

If and I repeat if, something is announced it will not be a reunion because Robert won't be involved.

Personally I would like to see the three of them record an album (not fucking downloads or exclusive releases through Wal Mart etc), and play some shows incorporating Zep songs, as it should be.

P & P didn't need to use the Led Zeppelin brand when they toured because everyone was aware they would play Zep as per Unledded.

Apart from Jimmy Page and The Black Crowes I don't know whether he played any Zep with Coverdale, The Firm or on the Outrider tour.

People have bitched about Robert not playing Zep in his early solo shows and others bitch about him succumbing and incorporating them into the later gigs.

You can't please everyone.

I read where people have literally said they would boycott the shows which is a pity as it would be their loss and nobody else's.

To each their own.

FTR I want them to play and I want them to play soon.

I'm not getting any younger either.

Yes indeed, you hit it right on. All this debating about this stuff is going around and around and is making me dizzy. But it still has my attention. Just wait for the word from the source. All we need. :thumbsup:

All no....my 666th post on the forum. The beast has made his appearance. :wizard:

Surely the desire to be 'Led Zeppelin' is the thing. The day it just becomes a tribute band id time to finally just call it a day.

I hope they do go out on tour and play the music with passion, whoever is in the band. Lets remember, the boys are not in their 20's any more either, so just enjoy the potential of a Zeppelin experience in the 21st Century.

Yes indeed, you hit it right on. All this debating about this stuff is going around and around and is making me dizzy. But it still has my attention. Just wait for the word from the source. All we need. :thumbsup:

All no....my 666th post on the forum. The beast has made his appearance. :wizard:

:hysterical:

THE thing is you were not going to SEE Led Zeppelin, you were going to see Jimmy Page and Robert Plant doing Led Zeppelin music in a different format............it certainly WAS NOT Led Zeppelin or billed that way.

And to put the record straight, i HAVE seen Led Zeppelin and the P&P tours, im not a music snob, working class male, travelled probably more than most to see Led Zeppelin and the P&P shows, ive met Led Zeppelin on a number of occasions, i was at the O2 Arena show,so i think i have the right to my say, and believe me i certainly aint a fucking snob

Archived