What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

Very sad to hear a young mother, who is a close family friend and a member of the professional golf family that we are a part of, has been diagnosed with cancer that has spread to her brain, liver, pancreas, and spine.  She already had a double mastectomy and thought things were in the clear and now this.  Twin toddlers to boot.  We're devastated.  Susan grew up with her on the tour, and is, well you know....her family has been the best to us all.  Great people.  Like it's my own kin.   ??????????????????????????????

Edited by Walter

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, Walter.  Prayers for her and her family.  And for those who love her.   Where is that cure for cancer?  I just know there is a solution out there.

Just realized I posted my previous post in the wrong thread.  Should have been in the HAPPY thread.  

13 hours ago, Walter said:

Very sad to hear a young mother, who is a close family friend and a member of the professional golf family that we are a part of, has been diagnosed with cancer that has spread to her brain, liver, pancreas, and spine.  She already had a double mastectomy and thought things were in the clear and now this.  Twin toddlers to boot.  We're devastated.  Susan grew up with her on the tour, and is, well you know....her family has been the best to us all.  Great people.  Like it's my own kin.   ??????????????????????????????

So sorry to hear this Paul.  May God be with her and you all!

On 9/27/2016 at 8:37 PM, Walter said:

My prayers will go out for all

• 1 month later...

The past few days have taken a huge toll on me. My fiancé's dad passes away 2 days ago, after a long bout with sarcoma. He suffered a lot of pain. He was 59 years old.

And yesterday, my father was given the news that he has lung cancer carcinoma. He already had 2/3rds of his right lung removed in 2012, leaving him with COPD. All the doctors can do is chemo.

I'm wondering, what can medical marijuana do? Can it kill cancer cells?

Edited by apantherfrommd

On 11/9/2016 at 7:20 AM, apantherfrommd said:

The past few days have taken a huge toll on me. My fiancé's dad passes away 2 days ago, after a long bout with sarcoma. He suffered a lot of pain. He was 59 years old.

And yesterday, my father was given the news that he has lung cancer carcinoma. He already had 2/3rds of his right lung removed in 2012, leaving him with COPD. All the doctors can do is chemo.

Hey there Andy, my thoughts and feelings go out to you are yours my friend. It is always difficult and painful when we face the loss or potential loss of a parent. They are our guides, our mentors, our protectors and comforters, and, our best friends. My father died in 2004 and not a day goes by I do not think of him and miss him, however I have also grown as a man as a result, and I know he is always there, always with me. When a parent or loved one passes it is just that, they are free of the tethers and constraints of the physical plane and can travel and exist in a way we cannot comprehend. To this day my mother has lucid dreams of her sister whenever times get tough and my aunt passed in 1982.

Those we love are never lost, never truly gone, they are a part of us and we take them with us on our own journey. Sometimes, when a butterfly floats by, or the sound of the wind, or the feeling of the sun on my face spreads that comforting warmth, I know my father is there, right beside me, looking out for me and proud of me. Your father and your lady's father will always be there, right at your side as you walk through life, holding your hand through thick and thin, smiling and proud.

Edited by IpMan

On 11/9/2016 at 6:20 AM, apantherfrommd said:

No. It's not about getting rid of the cancer. It's about easing the pain and suffering without the horrible side-effects that other medications were giving cancer sufferers. 

13 hours ago, IpMan said:

Hey there Andy, my thoughts and feelings go out to you are yours my friend. It is always difficult and painful when we face the loss or potential loss of a parent. They are our guides, our mentors, our protectors and comforters, and, our best friends. My father died in 2004 and not a day goes by I do not think of him and miss him, however I have also grown as a man as a result, and I know he is always there, always with me. When a parent or loved one passes it is just that, they are free of the tethers and constraints of the physical plane and can travel and exist in a way we cannot comprehend. To this day my mother has lucid dreams of her sister whenever times get tough and my aunt passed in 1982.

Those we love are never lost, never truly gone, they are a part of us and we take them with us on our own journey. Sometimes, when a butterfly floats by, or the sound of the wind, or the feeling of the sun on my face spreads that comforting warmth, I know my father is there, right beside me, looking out for me and proud of me. Your father and your lady's father will always be there, right at your side as you walk through life, holding your hand through thick and thin, smiling and proud.

Thank you. Thank you so much.

In the moment it's tolerable, yet heart breaking. In our lives, time flies. But who's the pilot?

I have a hard time adjusting , just to today; let alone compounding it all by one future plan expedited into one conclusion.

I'm doing a lot of blocking. I don't know if that's good or bad (long term) I'm not sure I really care.

Everyone should be able to go at their own pace, but then "Life happens". You don't truly have success, if you don't have time to do what matters most.

Your post is of great comfort. I'm short of words, except to say "Thank you"

Edited by apantherfrommd

On 10/11/2016 at 1:20 AM, apantherfrommd said:

So very sorry :(

What a tough time for you and your partner. 

I would definitely try the medical marijuana.   there have been many stories of hope surrounding its' use. Even if it doesn't cure I'm sure it will help with pain management. 

Thinking of you and sending good,  healing vibes.

33 minutes ago, slave to zep said:

I would definitely try the medical marijuana.   there have been many stories of hope surrounding its' use. Even if it doesn't cure I'm sure it will help with pain management. 

Hi Jules

What's the feeling down under regarding Medical Marijuana? I know it will help with your back problems. My friend uses it and he swears by it. It relieves his pain caused by his spinal problems. Although I am a recreational user, Mrs CP has slight arthritic issues and she says it really does help. Well she would as she does make a seriously good joint ;).

17 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Hi Jules

What's the feeling down under regarding Medical Marijuana? I know it will help with your back problems. My friend uses it and he swears by it. It relieves his pain caused by his spinal problems. Although I am a recreational user, Mrs CP has slight arthritic issues and she says it really does help. Well she would as she does make a seriously good joint ;).

It's only available for a few cases, I think.  such as kids with seizures. 

I'd love to have some to try. I feel about 80 years old because of my back problems! 

I've never been a smoker of anything but I'd love to get the benefits of cannabis. 

17 hours ago, slave to zep said:

Thank you, Jules. I know he couldn't smoke it, with his condition. But maybe mixing it with food?

I don't know if that would still have the same effect. I guess it would.

8 minutes ago, slave to zep said:

It's only available for a few cases, I think.  such as kids with seizures. 

I'd love to have some to try. I feel about 80 years old because of my back problems! 

I've never been a smoker of anything but I'd love to get the benefits of cannabis. 

I think anxiety reduction is a benefit. I wish it was at the least legally everywhere for medicinal purposes.

I wish you well with your back pain. I'm going to see a chiropractor tomorrow for help with vertigo. Have you tried a chiropractor to help alleviate some of your back pain?

34 minutes ago, apantherfrommd said:

Thank you, Jules. I know he couldn't smoke it, with his condition. But maybe mixing it with food?

I don't know if that would still have the same effect. I guess it would.

I think anxiety reduction is a benefit. I wish it was at the least legally everywhere for medicinal purposes.

I wish you well with your back pain. I'm going to see a chiropractor tomorrow for help with vertigo. Have you tried a chiropractor to help alleviate some of your back pain?

Maybe some hash cookies? CP could help you more than me.

I went to chiropractors years ago with no effect.

I have slipped/bulging discs, arthritis and spur :(