Robert Plant 2010 Tour

Can't wait for the album after seeing the show in the 16th in Tulsa. 'Monkey' was definitely my fave new song.

Yeah have to admit the live version of Angel Dance is floating my boat a little more than the studio one ATM, tho I am loving them both. Early days tho, of course. ;)

Thanks guys. :)

I am too - and being that has served me well throughout my life...I hope you hold onto that eternal optimism throughout your life too.

Your :hippy: reminded me: There were several times I caught Robert exchanging glances with those of us who were in the front row but the best was at one point when I looked at Robert and saw he was grinning and looking so delighted or amused either at your dancing or the fact that so many people, including the old(er) gray-haired guys behind you, were openly lighting up right in front of him, so close to him that he could get a contact high when he bent down to check his setlist. Whatever it was that made him grin like that, it was so sweet to see that after so many years Robert still has the capacity to genuinely smile at his audience. :hippy:

Edited for spelling and grammar.

It's wonderful that you all were able to meet and have such an amazing evening! I'm smiling at the computer and wishing Robert would come to Virginia! :)

I can't get the video to play either, and I'm using a PC. :huh:

(No trouble with the mini-doc. however . . . )

Me either - :(. Why won't it play?

I think I'm going to have to download "Angel Dance" from i-tunes, loving the studio version.

And, is that Emmy Lou Harris with him on his website? Love her!

Or it could be my browser--I'm using Google Chrome.

I tried with the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, and IE and they all work for me, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Maybe check your security settings? That's as good as my tech support gets, I'm afraid :(

Nine, I've got a PC, so hopefully other MAC users can share whether or not they're having similar problems.

I feel bad for you guys who can't watch the video. The best part is when he pulls out some old reel-to-reel tapes and plays a couple of unreleased Zeppelin tunes.

:hysterical:

I also couldn't watch the video so I listened to the studio version on Youtube. Sorry, I wasn't impressed.

Thanks, Sam. :)

R B)

Working for me too! Yeah!!!!!!!! Thanks, Sam.

Going right now to download it from itunes. Was a little unsure about this song when I heard it on You Tube and Live, but now after hearing it performed live and seeing the video, I really like it. It's a happy catchy little number. It makes me smile. :)

Hi everyone

My mom always told me, 'If you got nothing positive to say, don't say NUTHIN'

You know what I told her? 'That's BULLSHIT, mom'.

This sucks. Really.

Toni

Thanks for sharing. No "why," no reasons, no specific issues. Just "this sucks." Great stuff, thanks for playing.

My biggest issue with this one - and with Monkey - is that the arrangements aren't all that different from the originals. Begs the question, why bother? Don't get me wrong - I love Robert's voice enough to make both worthwhile additions to the iPod, but straight covers never did that much for me, personally. Doesn't really match Robert's track record with covers either. Oh well. Go on, my son!

Btw - been meaning to add that if you do in fact like this direction, this sound, don't miss Robert's interpretation of Arthur Alexander's "If It's Really Got to Be This Way."

Love,

Billy

Hi BillyM

Well I'm not eloqacious like you Billy :(, but if I was, I would probalby say something like 'It's boring and one-dimensional'.

But actually I didn't even know it was a cover. Or that the whole album is covers. Do we know why Robert has given up writing songs? Mighty Rearranger had some pretty good songs. First Raising Sand, and now this, no new songs. Why cover lame old songs when you can write your own good ones?

Maybe Robert is happy just to be an 'Interpretative Artist' from now on? Plus ca change, as they say....

Toni

Hi BillyM

Well I'm not eloqacious like you Billy :(, but if I was, I would probalby say something like 'It's boring and one-dimensional'.

But actually I didn't even know it was a cover. Or that the whole album is covers. Do we know why Robert has given up writing songs? Mighty Rearranger had some pretty good songs. First Raising Sand, and now this, no new songs. Why cover lame old songs when you can write your own good ones?

Maybe Robert is happy just to be an 'Interpretative Artist' from now on? Plus ca change, as they say....

Toni

I don't know if Robert has given up writing songs. Who knows what his next direction will be. I remember reading around the time of Dreamland he felt he hadn't anything to say, and then through working with Strange Sensation, was inspired to write. Same thing could happen - he's obviously very happy discovering all this music and perhaps it might be a catalyst for original songs in the future. If not, I'm fine with that too. He's out there recording and touring which is great.

I'd also hardly call the songs he's recorded lame. IMO.

My biggest issue with this one - and with Monkey - is that the arrangements aren't all that different from the originals. Begs the question, why bother? Don't get me wrong - I love Robert's voice enough to make both worthwhile additions to the iPod, but straight covers never did that much for me, personally. Doesn't really match Robert's track record with covers either.

Well, well, can I believe that I'm agreeing with BillyMac? Although, I do like "Angel Dance", "Monkey" not so much. AD is a fun catchy little tune. I'm not at all familiar with the original, so for me, this is how it's supposed to sound. The fact that Robert is singing it, helps. It's worth a spin on my iPod every now and then. Don't know about Monkey, really didn't care for it live, will have to see what the studio version sounds like, I could change my mind.

And . . . . . . toni, "boring and one-dimensional"? Hmmmmmm, probably. I'll more than likely get bored with it after a while, but for now I'm liking it, I'll pluck down 1.29 for it. Also, Robert is so capable of writing great songs that span the test of time, why isn't he? I don't know. Maybe he's old and doesn't want to work as hard? :huh:

What's with this I'm happy he's happy, I'm fine with WHATEVER he does, he's recording and touring, NOTHING he does it lame!!

Do some people just have no critical bone in their body, ALL is well, everything is beautiful, I'll eat whatever crumbs are left on the ground behind him sort of posts.

Adoration goes so far sometimes it's truly sickening. I'm with Toni_R_4_Robert on this one. Boring, one-dimensional and LAME!

But Robert does have some music I like, it's been awhile. <_<

What's with this I'm happy he's happy, I'm fine with WHATEVER he does, he's recording and touring, NOTHING he does it lame!!

Do some people just have no critical bone in their body, ALL is well, everything is beautiful, I'll eat whatever crumbs are left on the ground behind him sort of posts.

Adoration goes so far sometimes it's truly sickening. I'm with Toni_R_4_Robert on this one. Boring, one-dimensional and LAME!

But Robert does have some music I like, it's been awhile. <_<

That's fine you don't care for it. Taste is subjective but why am I and others who do support it considered lame? That's ridiculous. I do not display blind adoration - he's a person like everyone else. I happen to like what he's done in his solo career. I'm not sure why that is considered pathetic. :huh:

Archived