Led Zeppelin - Celebration Day Pre-order

sam_webmaster

I do appreciate it...I am good for now I can't miss what I never really had ...just wondering if I'll even appreciate new remasters especially after having both the 94 box and 2008 mini lp cd box from Rhino unless Jimmy has a massive cache of really great stuff waiting to come out...

* Bonus DVD contains the full rehearsal from Shepperton Studios from 12/6/07, BBC News footage from the evening of the show and the complete Tampa News piece from 1973 that opens the film

Yep, getting one of those too.

The bonus DVD for the Blu Ray version is in NTSC format. Not sure if it was before. NTSC usually works ok for most DVD players.

For more info on playing NTSC DVDs you can check out this link: http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/askjack/2007/jul/05/watchinganntscdvdjustpres

Most modern DVD players will play NTSC DVDs, and that includes many of the small, portable players. So will most newish TV sets, though you may have to call up the menu system and select an NTSC option.

cheers man, lets hope it goes to £15 ;)

This happens pretty frequently, I ordered Trampled underfoot by Barney Hoskyns months ago and when it was released I got £4 off it, same with Conversations with Jimmy Page that came in £6 cheaper than when I ordered it.

my preorder turned into an NTSC version! why? im in england and it never said that before! ill just go HMV on the day

When I originally pre-ordered Amazon only had the NTSC version. I thought it was strange because NTSC is for the American market, Pal is the format for Europe. I contacted Amazon about it, and they said they'd had get in contact with the provider. The following day I had an email from Amazon saying a Pal version was now available. So UK customers can buy both NTSC and Pal versions. I can play NTSC DVDs on my DVD player in my bedroom, but I'm not sure about the main one in my lounge. In the end I went for the Pal format. I haven't got a blu-ray player, so ordered the 2 DVD set. I don't know what format the special features DVD is with the blu-ray. I have never come across a DVD being released here in the UK in so many different formats.

Wasn't the 2003 'DVD' released in NTSC format for Europe?

My copy of DVD is pal. I have many a music dvd that is NSTC that play without any problems on any of my players. Though I have a couple of (official) DVDs of The Who that were filmed in NSTC then re-encoded to PAL that have a sort of slightly jittery look to them. So I think that I will buy both formats of Celebration Day to make a comparision. Not sure what format my pre-order is so I'll have to wait before I go out and buy the other.

I guess there is no way to order BOTH the Blu-ray and CDs individually as I much prefer to store my CDs and Blu-ray separately.

I have ordered the 2 CD + 1 Blu-Ray set anyway.

Can't wait as I just saw the amazing KASHMIR on Youtube yesterday. Zork-Metal-Smiley.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know the official release date on the vinyl? I thought it would be tomorrow (Tuesday the 11th), but am hearing the 19th, and have also heard the 31st...

later edited in; Never mind, just looked at the homepage and seen the 19th will be the date....

Archived