What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Thanks ally & strider... Only downside on my part is he will be posted to Germany after Christmas by the looks of it, but then again is only a few hours away by plane.. :thumbsup:

I know a mother never likes her son to be far away, but can I just say that the years I was stationed in Germany were some of the best years of my life! I think he'll be fine and have a good time in Deutschland.

My friend Dawn just made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

It's gonna be okay.

Hooray Dawn. :)

Congrats to you and your family!

:)

Thanks 'Walter' it is a relief to know that he can stay in a job that he loves...

I know a mother never likes her son to be far away, but can I just say that the years I was stationed in Germany were some of the best years of my life! I think he'll be fine and have a good time in Deutschland.

Sean he can't wait to get to Deutschland some of his best friends are stationed over there, i'm just not a big fan of flying...

How long did you serve in the Forces? if you don't mind me asking..

Edited by Fool In The Rain 60

Thank you all for he kind words regarding my husband. He is getting stronger and better every day.

That is what is making me happy today. That and getting a pedicure. Sooooo relaxing.

Hi Melanie! :wave:

Sorry I haven't been around that much of late, but anyway, I am very happy to hear about your husband's recovery!! That's such great news!! Just goes to show what a fighter he is! :D

Fool,

A big Hi to you!!!!!!!!!!! Seeing you post on the forum again is what's making me happy!

I'm really glad to hear that your son won't be made redundant after all! Thank goodness!

Please do convey my best regards to Danny and the rest of your family!

Sorry I haven't been in touch for so damn long! Trust me, I am not at all happy about that BUT I am back now and my Uni work is FINALLY O-V-E-R!! :yay:

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Sean he can't wait to get to Deutschland some of his best friends are stationed over there, i'm just not a big fan of flying...

How long did you serve in the Forces? if you don't mind me asking..

Four years active duty: 1981-85.

Edited by Strider

Now that the last "Twilight" has finally premiered, that wild, woolly mass of girls camped out for weeks in downtown LA at last can go home and get a hot shower.

I would love to be at these girls' homes in around 20 years some Thanksgiving or Christmas holiday with the family all gathered around, as their daughter asks everyone what crazy thing they did when they were young.

Great-grandmother: "I camped out for Led Zeppelin tickets!"

Girl: "Awesome!"

Grandmother: "I camped out for Madonna!"

Girl: "Cool!"

Mother: "I camped out for 'Twilight'!"

Girl: "Oh gawd Mom...you're so lame!"

Now that the last "Twilight" has finally premiered, that wild, woolly mass of girls camped out for weeks in downtown LA at last can go home and get a hot shower.

I would love to be at these girls' homes in around 20 years some Thanksgiving or Christmas holiday with the family all gathered around, as their daughter asks everyone what crazy thing they did when they were young.

Great-grandmother: "I camped out for Led Zeppelin tickets!"

Girl: "Awesome!"

Grandmother: "I camped out for Madonna!"

Girl: "Cool!"

Mother: "I camped out for 'Twilight'!"

Girl: "Oh gawd Mom...you're so lame!"

Sad....but true.

Virginia, I know how you feel. My son is coming to see me this week. He may be grown , but he is still my boy. His only request was for me not to listen to Led Zeppelin the ENTIRE time he is here, to bad for him that the 02 DVD will be here in the next few days as I got the email today that it was shipped arriving UPS. :D So you know what he is in for. It's not that he doesn't like the music, I just think I have worn him out with it. But I'll let him play Pink Floyd his favorite..and I'll enjoy it as much as him!

I have the next week off, so that makes me very happy as well. :peace:

justawoman, congrats on selling another piece of art:-)

Got my new Earls Court May 24 dvd today. :yes2: A big upgrade over the previous version I had. I didn't realize how good Trampled Under Foot was, even better than the 25th thats on the official dvd. I'm a happy camper.

smiley.gif

What version did you get?

That is my favorite version EVER!

Virginia, I know how you feel. My son is coming to see me this week. He may be grown , but he is still my boy. His only request was for me not to listen to Led Zeppelin the ENTIRE time he is here, to bad for him that the 02 DVD will be here in the next few days as I got the email today that it was shipped arriving UPS. :D So you know what he is in for. It's not that he doesn't like the music, I just think I have worn him out with it. But I'll let him play Pink Floyd his favorite..and I'll enjoy it as much as him!

I have the next week off, so that makes me very happy as well. :peace:

justawoman, congrats on selling another piece of art:-)

Good for you Deborah and all other moms and dads with children coming home for the upcoming holiday!

Have the week off, but laying carpet, getting a plumber out and now need to replace a key part of the pool equipment....and that's before having everyone over for "turkey day"! At least it'll be done!