What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Got free tickets to tonight's Robert Plant concert in LA! :)

My original plan was to hit the Shrine Auditorium box office for tickets this morning after arriving in L.A. from my trip. But I got a text from my friend as I was on my trip back to LA that my brother gave him two pairs of tix for us to use. They're in the balcony so I won't be front row like in Houston...but they are FREE!!!

Plus, it allowed me to rest up from my trip and get refreshed.

However, since I'll be in the balcony I probably won't take any photos of tonight's concert.

And I just remembered I had a check at work awaiting me upon my return...so mo' money mo' money. :) :) :)

Now that's a good day!

Mrs CP came joint first in her Golf Lady Captains day yesterday. Some good news at last as the last few weeks have been difficult as redundancy has reared it's ugly head again!!!

Looks like her 20 years service is at an end and she will be redundant at the end of August. Still it means more time together and less driving for her.

Mrs CP came joint first in her Golf Lady Captains day yesterday. Some good news at last as the last few weeks have been difficult as redundancy has reared it's ugly head again!!!

Looks like her 20 years service is at an end and she will be redundant at the end of August. Still it means more time together and less driving for her.

Sorry to hear about Mrs CP and you, facing redundancy . I'm sure both of you will be happy to be spending more time together but probably not the way either of you would have chosen. I sincerely hope that both of you will be okay :yesnod:

Sorry to hear about Mrs CP and you, facing redundancy . I'm sure both of you will be happy to be spending more time together but probably not the way either of you would have chosen. I sincerely hope that both of you will be okay :yesnod:

Thanks Ally. Oh we won't starve !! We own our house, have done for about 4 years. We knew that it was on the cards as retail is on it's arse. In fact it's a blessing. I do very nicely in the work I do and Mrs CP reckons it will be good to kick back for a bit, relax play some courses we have meaning to do and deciding what to do. As I work from home we may even think about migrating south for the winter - maybe Spain. One door closes another opens as they say. It may mean I am free from the house chores :lol:

Last night, actually.

Last Wednesday, on our way home from Vegas, the screen on my wife's iPhone 4S stopped working.

It would still ring if called or texted to, and when I got home and hooked it up to iTunes, it was recognized.

I even did a full factory restore - still nothing.

By yesterday she simply wanted a phone that worked, so I listed her phone on Craigslist at a giveaway price, hoping to recover SOME amount of cash to offset the purchase of another iPhone.

After listing it, I Googled the problem once more, and discovered someone who reported that sometimes the screen cable comes loose from the logic board.

So I began disassembly, although you don't have to go too far in to reach that particular ribbon cable plug.

Sure enough, it seemed that it may not have been seated well.

I disconnected and then firmly reconnected the various connectors, and by the time I was putting the final screw in, the phone was booting up, and that glorious Apple logo was perfectly visible!

As a bonus, I used a Q-Tip to clean the rear camera lens, as all her photos were somewhat blurry and clouded.

So now her phone works again, as well as the camera.

I was quite the happy camper!

I am pleased for you that you didn't have to go to the expense of buying another phone. However, I am seriously impressed at the way you fixed it yourself - well done!!

After listing it, I Googled the problem once more, and discovered someone who reported that sometimes the screen cable comes loose from the logic board.

So I began disassembly, although you don't have to go too far in to reach that particular ribbon cable plug.

Sure enough, it seemed that it may not have been seated well.

I disconnected and then firmly reconnected the various connectors, and by the time I was putting the final screw in, the phone was booting up, and that glorious Apple logo was perfectly visible!

As a bonus, I used a Q-Tip to clean the rear camera lens, as all her photos were somewhat blurry and clouded.

So now her phone works again, as well as the camera.

I was quite the happy camper!

I am pleased for you that you didn't have to go to the expense of buying another phone. However, I am seriously impressed at the way you fixed it yourself - well done!!

Thanks!

Yeah, I've learned to dig into the guts of the iPhone, mostly out of necessity.

Most times it's turned out well, but a couple times, not so much.

The MUTE switch on my wife's old 3GS stopped working, so I went in to fix that.

By the time I got through, not only the MUTE switch, but the Volume UP/DOWN buttons and the EARPHONE JACK all weren't working. LOL

THAT's why she has the 4S now!

And just this week I attempted a screen replacement on an iPod Touch 4, 64GB that the screen had been smashed on.

When I first started on it, I discovered my kids had been picking at the broken pieces and in doing so, had damaged a copper cable that was the WIFI antenna, so I had to order that, as well.

But when I got in there, I accidentally pulled the tiny wires loose from the external speaker, and before I got it back together, had dislodged a major ribbon cable from the logic board.

Needless to say, it's toast.

Although, I am happy to report, I listed it too on Craigslist AS IS, and I just got a call to swap it for a 32" Flat Screen TV.

So not bad.

Guy says his kid messes with iPods and whatnot and wants it for parts.

So I guess that would be my WHAT MADE ME HAPPY for today, LOL.

TypeO,

Great. There does seem to be a market for these devices which appear to be unusable, but can still be used for spare parts. I have always been sold the story by Apple product users that the goods don't break down, and that is why it is worth spending so much more on them. It looks like they do indeed break down. Are you someone who always goes for Apple? The way things are going, they might give you a post in their repairs centre. :D

Thanks!

Yeah, I've learned to dig into the guts of the iPhone, mostly out of necessity.

Most times it's turned out well, but a couple times, not so much.

The MUTE switch on my wife's old 3GS stopped working, so I went in to fix that.

By the time I got through, not only the MUTE switch, but the Volume UP/DOWN buttons and the EARPHONE JACK all weren't working. LOL

THAT's why she has the 4S now!

And just this week I attempted a screen replacement on an iPod Touch 4, 64GB that the screen had been smashed on.

When I first started on it, I discovered my kids had been picking at the broken pieces and in doing so, had damaged a copper cable that was the WIFI antenna, so I had to order that, as well.

But when I got in there, I accidentally pulled the tiny wires loose from the external speaker, and before I got it back together, had dislodged a major ribbon cable from the logic board.

Needless to say, it's toast.

Although, I am happy to report, I listed it too on Craigslist AS IS, and I just got a call to swap it for a 32" Flat Screen TV.

So not bad.

Guy says his kid messes with iPods and whatnot and wants it for parts.

So I guess that would be my WHAT MADE ME HAPPY for today, LOL.

Thanks Ally. Oh we won't starve !! We own our house, have done for about 4 years. We knew that it was on the cards as retail is on it's arse. In fact it's a blessing. I do very nicely in the work I do and Mrs CP reckons it will be good to kick back for a bit, relax play some courses we have meaning to do and deciding what to do. As I work from home we may even think about migrating south for the winter - maybe Spain. One door closes another opens as they say. It may mean I am free from the house chores :lol:

i was wondering what happened with her job. sounds like it will be a positive for you both :)

Full report please Ressie?

Uhmm,

certain excesses better should not be revealed..........

Anyway:

I finally met lady number one, my "Led Zep friend"...........after a long night of drinking, which she easily did forgive me, she even gave me her last painkillers.

After that she showed me her city, we had some food, some drinks and quite some good laughs.

We decided to possibly go to Berlin or Paris later this month.

I picked up lady number two at the station, and she stayed for quite a while.

Seems she was a mistress of excess, she nearly drank me under the table more than once.

I will leave out the corny details of the following week...............use your imagination and multiply it times ten, that would come close to the entire experience.

All in all no one should wonder why I still have a fiendish grin while writing this.

Pom ti dom pompom.

Uhmm,

Anyway:

I finally met lady number one, my "Led Zep friend"...........after a long night of drinking, which she easily did forgive me, she even gave me her last painkillers.

After that she showed me her city, we had some food, some drinks and quite some good laughs.

Seems she was a mistress of excess, she nearly drank me under the table more than once.

I will leave out the corny details of the following week...............use your imagination and multiply it times ten, that would come close to the entire experience.

All in all no one should wonder why I still have a fiendish grin while writing this.

Pom ti dom pompom.

:bravo::gimmefive::hysterical:

Just heard from my Dad.

They will pulling into my brother's place (in the Worcester area) tomorrow!!! He and my step mom drive every summer from their home in Cape Coral to spend time with all of us.

Can't wait to see them and have our reunion at Purgatory Chasm!!

We got a heat wave here and Sunday the sun felt like a blowtorch. Glad it's starting to cool down a bit, especially after 9 months of cold ass weather it's hard to just instantly acclimate to the heat. :veryhot:

Uhmm,

Anyway:

Pom ti dom pompom.

Top stuff Reswati. About time you had some good vibes. :D

Bernie is now in her final week. All is going to plan and I am beginning the countdown. She will now only have fresh clean water to "flush". Have also started the next generation. She is a "kush" and will be experimenting over the coming months.

Felicia is still way behind. She is slowly getting her act together and I am planning to move her to the garden as (allegedly) were are in for a settled sunny and hot spell over the next few weeks.

More news as it comes in.

For anyone who thinks " what the fuck is he on about" don't worry, it's all done in the best possible taste.