What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

It's Friday! TGIF everybody! Tomorrow is my last day of work for three weeks...don't work again until August 2. Next Friday I'll be in New England taking in a Red Sox game at Fenway...my first Red Sox-Yankee game.

It's Friday! TGIF everybody! Tomorrow is my last day of work for three weeks...don't work again until August 2. Next Friday I'll be in New England taking in a Red Sox game at Fenway...my first Red Sox-Yankee game.

Beautiful! You lucky.....! Have a great trip, Sean! If my memory serves me correctly, that'll be over your birthday. Post lots of pictures from Fenway. As much as I dislike the sox, I would love to take in a Yankee game there!

:peace:

In the words of the hubby...."you're a lucky B......" That is one thing on his bucket list...to see the Sox at Fenway.

Yesterday I had to work. Normally, working on Saturday sucks but in this case, there were benefits to working(besides getting paid, natch).

1. Meeting the irascible writer Harlan Ellison, author of countless book and short stories and screenplays. Told a great story about getting crabs from Allen Ginsburg.

2. Patton Oswalt introduced Harlan Ellison, and it's always fun catching up with him and his little girl. Got a picture of him with my godson who loves his stand-up.

3. Tom Kenny (the voice of Spongebob) came by to have Mr. Ellison sign his books...it was Tom's birthday and I found out we were born in the same year.

4. Dominic Priore, author of "Riot on the Sunset Strip" and other cool pop-culture books(including an exhaustive examination of the whole Beach Boys "Smile" imbroglio), also dropped by.

5. Cyril from the Flamin' Groovies had stopped by earlier and put me and my friend on the list for their show last night at the Echoplex(the place the Stones played their secret show a few months ago). After wrapping up work around 10pm, we jetted down Sunset to the Echoplex and had just entered and procured our beers when the band came on stage. I can't imagine too many people remember the Flamin' Groovies, but I have fond memories of cranking their record "Teenage Head".

I just saw my first mother and baby calf Southern Right Whale heading back down south for the season, after calving in the warmer waters.

These incredible giants of the water are truly one of the most spectacular and awesome sights, especially seeing both the mother and calves playing, breaching and flipper flapping at such a close distance.

I am so fortunate to be able to witness this spectacle for 2 months each year.

This mum and calf are having a rest.

d0c42d33-a5ee-4edc-a4cc-718be05bfb00_zps

The photo below is not mine, but this is what i'm lucky enough to see.

2 calves playing and breaching.

f400cf3f-e214-45ee-b086-af6928950723_zps

That's awesome, I take it you go whale spotting on a regular basis, a hobby perhaps?

I just saw my first mother and baby calf Southern Right Whale heading back down south for the season, after calving in the warmer waters.

These incredible giants of the water are truly one of the most spectacular and awesome sights, especially seeing both the mother and calves playing, breaching and flipper flapping at such a close distance.

I am so fortunate to be able to witness this spectacle for 2 months each year.

This mum and calf are having a rest.

d0c42d33-a5ee-4edc-a4cc-718be05bfb00_zps

The photo below is not mine, but this is what i'm lucky enough to see.

2 calves playing and breaching.

f400cf3f-e214-45ee-b086-af6928950723_zps

That's awesome, I take it you go whale spotting on a regular basis, a hobby perhaps?

I've been out in a boat whale watching a few times, but i'm lucky enough to see the return migration of the mother whales and their calves as they pass by.

I can look out my windows, sit on my front balcony, or walk a few minutes down to the beaches and see them at play, or resting in one of the bays.

Watching these gentle giants is an absolute awe inspiring privilege.

Once you have seen these magnificent, majestic creatures in the water, you will detest with a vengence, everything about the harpooning slaughter of whales.

Excuse me, I didn't mean to say "the harpooning slaughter of whales", I meant the scientific research purposes for harpooning whales :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

it's rediculous to think that we are still doing this in 2013. when will we ever wake up.

i am getting increasingly worried about our wild animals, and the way we are either executing them or their environment. it needs to stop. NOW!

http://ran.org/palm-oil

think i may start a new thread .....

Well, actually it made me happy yesterday...the thought that I'm going to see Robert Plant for the first time ever on October 31. Short of sounding like a sap, I actually teared up when I got my ticket confirmation.