Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
zeplz71

Jimmy Page @ The MET In NY for the Play It Loud: Instruments of Rock and Roll exhibit

Looks like an awesome exhibit. I've seen some other photos from it, they have a bunch of serious guitars there, like SRV's #1, and EVH's complete set up. Also spotted Jerry Garcia's guitar. If you go, please share some photos

2 hours ago, badgeholder said:

Looks like an awesome exhibit. I've seen some other photos from it, they have a bunch of serious guitars there, like SRV's #1, and EVH's complete set up. Also spotted Jerry Garcia's guitar. If you go, please share some photos

? Do museum rules allow cell phone photography by the general public??

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, sam_webmaster said:

dragonsuit_met.jpg

I’m in New York mid July so will definitely visit-I would have thought tho that. they could have modelled a typical Jimmy pose -I have NEVER seen a pic of Jimmy standing and playing in this position !

Edited by Paganini

3 hours ago, Paganini said:

I’m in New York mid July so will definitely visit-I would have thought tho that. they could have modelled a typical Jimmy pose -I have NEVER seen a pic of Jimmy standing and playing in this position !

How about The Song Remains The Same (mirror image movie scene) ?

R😎🎸

6 minutes ago, reids said:

How about The Song Remains The Same (mirror image movie scene) ?

R😎🎸

Not with his left leg bent like that ..he usually stands with legs apart but fairly straight and leaning backwards ....

4 hours ago, Paganini said:

Not with his left leg bent like that ..he usually stands with legs apart but fairly straight and leaning backwards ....

Well, I’m sure Jimmy signed off on it, so if it’s good enough for him, I guess we’ll have to endure. Just glad he was out being seen playing the guitar recently. Better at a museum than nowhere. 

R😎🎸

Seeing Jimmy play those cords put a smile on my face. Man I wish he would just get on stage and jam. I am pretty sure he could find whoever he wanted to play with him. 

16 hours ago, The Rover said:

? Do museum rules allow cell phone photography by the general public??

The 2 major Museums in NYC allow it.  I've seen some Museums have rules like No Flash Photography, so It depends.,

17 hours ago, reids said:

Well, I’m sure Jimmy signed off on it, so if it’s good enough for him, I guess we’ll have to endure. Just glad he was out being seen playing the guitar recently. Better at a museum than nowhere. 

R😎🎸

Indeed ..great to see the man can still play, 

22 hours ago, Paganini said:

I would think if one looks at every frame of say TSRTS I'm sure one would find that pose.

Has the curators done that pose deliberately so the viewer can get a better look at the guitar, rather than relying on Jimmy's style.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JTM said:

I would think if one looks at every frame of say TSRTS I'm sure one would find that pose.

That’s what I thought, too. I’m sure the purpose of the pose is to focus on the guitar and the stance is one of action (per TSRTS). 

R😎🎸

Edited by reids

5 hours ago, anniemouse said:

Has the curators done that pose deliberately so the viewer can get a better look at the guitar, rather than relying on Jimmy's style.

It's temporary. When the exhibit opens to the public Jimmy will be in the display case posing with it, thus achieving his goal "to be seen playing live".

2 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

It's temporary. When the exhibit opens to the public Jimmy will be in the display case posing with it, thus achieving his goal "to be seen playing live".

I rather prefer the idea of Jimmy being "housed" in the exhibit with the amplifiers.

If you put a token in the slot...he'll come out and respond to you, with one of 5 statements in answer to any query. ☺️

Worst display ever......almost apocolyptic looking to me

It is anti led zeppelin imo

21 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

No good deed goes unpunished. God forbid Jimmy Page enjoy his life.

giphy.gif

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, sixpense said:

Jimmy send his guitars off on tour................

Edited by The Rover

On 4/4/2019 at 4:54 PM, SteveAJones said:

😂😂😂