Guitar Strings

JimmyPageZoSo56

D'addario 9's.

D'Addario 11's for me, I would like to play a lighter string gauge but I pick really aggressive and I also use a 2.0 mm jazz type pic so for those reasons I play a thicker gauge.

My Tele is set up for slide work so it is strung with 13's and the action is set higher than my Lesters.

On the acoustic I use D"Addario phosphor bronze .012, .016, .024, .032, .042, .053. Not the heaviest set but again the lightest gauge I can get away with.

RjK

I've used Super Slinkys (sized 9-42) since I was a teen. I haven't broken a string in years. On some of my guitars, the strings are damned near a year old and they take whatever abuse I hurl at them. :D

In my last band I did almost 2 years of rehearsals and gigs on the same set of ernie ball's...never even bothered to carry a backup guitar or a pack of strings(I had about a dozen sets at home...lol whenever I'd go to my favorite music shop to buy picks(ironically I go thru those like crazy) they'd throw in a free pack of strings)

I've used Super Slinkys (sized 9-42) since I was a teen. I haven't broken a string in years. On some of my guitars, the strings are damned near a year old and they take whatever abuse I hurl at them. :D

I want to know what the set that used to be on my Granddad's classical were, they must have been on that guitar for about 20 years and they were in in brilliant condition, considering.

Archived