Robert Plant Allison Krauss on TV Tonight

bahama

Correctamundo!!

And how about Allison singing When the Levee Breaks? Fucking awesome. The whole show was fantastic!

West coast dates Robert and Allison! Come on, when??? :banana:

West coast sounds fine, but I think doing shows in the NYC area is more of a priority. At least for me it is. Great Crossroads last night. Couldn't have been better. They work off each other so well. What a musical match. Wait till next years Grammy's. Will be time to clean house.

CMT has a Canadian version, but I checked out their website, and it doesn't look like they show Crossroads. Figures..... At least it's available online.

Yeah I set my watch to go off at 7:55 AST... turned on the TV... no Crossroads. Thank God it is on the web site.

CMT was once called NCN here.. New Country Network. Way back.

According to the interview on the UK radio show, he again alludes to "following around the Stones" and he's dedicated to this project right now... he says he is not ready for a Zep tour at all right now. As the interviewer said, the fans will wait.

Really enjoyed this show.Its not Zeppelin but Robert does a great job on anything he does and this was no exception.Allison was also great dang good band too.The Zep songs were a little slow for my taste but different is sometimes better and even if not better still interesting.Who am i kidding i liked it but i still want a Zeppelin tour

You have got to be kidding me! Ever heard of a guy named Jimmy Page? Id say he is a touch better than this chump. As for the performance. I liked the interview more. This music is boring. Maybe if I drank a liter of Vodka real fast Id appreciate it more. It would slow me down to the pace of the music. Did you hear the way they butchered Black Dog? Get real. how can anyone like that. Plant if my favorite singer of all time. But what has he been drinkinig or smoking. Bring back Led Zeppelin!

I liked it. I liked it better than the Strange Sensation Black Dog. Though not as much as the Zeppelin Black Dog. It IS possible to like more than one band, more than one style of music, more than one arrangement of a song, you know!

You have got to be kidding me! Ever heard of a guy named Jimmy Page? Id say he is a touch better than this chump. As for the performance. I liked the interview more. This music is boring. Maybe if I drank a liter of Vodka real fast Id appreciate it more. It would slow me down to the pace of the music. Did you hear the way they butchered Black Dog? Get real. how can anyone like that. Plant if my favorite singer of all time. But what has he been drinkinig or smoking. Bring back Led Zeppelin!

To each his own! B) I liked the re-working of both songs....just a different twist. It doesn't take anything away from the original arrangements.

I initially didn't get much out of this whole thing, but I find some of the stuff T-bone was doing is stuck in my head now. Don't know about the lead guitar guy - seemed like he was spazzing out, and it didn't fit the overall tone of the music. I really don't understand the reason for even visiting Zep stuff - different isn't always good, if you loose the whole emotion of the song?

Great show IMO. Robert sounded great. Only thing I didn't care for was the Black Dog cover.

I agree, I didn't care for it much either. The song is supposed to be about a physical relationship and needs to be heavy. It doesn't sound right being a lighter song. Even with SS doing Black Dog it still retains the heaviness. Levee was awesome.

Here's some weird covers... Tori Amos doing "Whole Lotta Love" slow and sexy, followed by or including Thank You... claiming she wished Robert could be the church singer. Indeed. Still if we could get them on board for Christian music... In my Time of Dying is darn close, wouldn't that be something?

Hey if Alice Cooper can be born again... hehehehe. :)

Sunray I stand corrected :notworthy:

Quote "Every body and his brother is waiting for a second comming and I think we're ready for it" He sure as hell isn't talking about Her and Him Get ready Led Heads The Mothership is returning! :thumbsup:http://rhino.edgeboss.net/download/rhino/l...raphy/wll97.mov

Need a cigarette after watching. Don't smoke :lol:

A big cheer for posting. :cheer:

Thanks!

Sunray I stand corrected :notworthy:

Quote "Every body and his brother is waiting for a second comming and I think we're ready for it" He sure as hell isn't talking about Her and Him Get ready Led Heads The Mothership is returning! :thumbsup:http://rhino.edgeboss.net/download/rhino/l...raphy/wll97.mov

THAT`S IT ! KEEPERS OF THE FLAME DON`T LET IT DIE !!!!

That lead guitarist was freaking amazing!!!!!!!!

That guitarist is Buddy Miller. He really IS excellent ! Plays with Emmylou Harris...

I don't find much interest in this music though.....I much prefer Robert's previous, The Mighty Rearranger.

Notice how the crowd goes wild when When the Levee Breaks and Black Dog are played, but they don't have quite the same reaction to The Boy Who Couldn't Hoe Corn (which, by the way, was done beautifully). Seemed to be a more Robert/Zeppelin oriented crowd. I've always wondered, how does one obtain tickets to such an event? I mean who do you have to know to get in!? I doubt they announce it on the local TV and radio stations the night before.

He was talking about Zep.......in reference to the 02 gig. This WAS filmed before it you know!!! Has absolutley nothing to do with a Zep tour.

You just hit the proverbial nail on the head H-Dripper. EXACTLY. Crossroads was filmed months before the O2 but there had been lots of rumours before hand and Robert's comments at the end of the Crossroads show was his response to them.

Yeah, I agree.

Man, I though Robert was transcendant on "The ManChild (sic) who wouldn't Hoe Corn", and Allison was fabulous on "Levee". Also, they've definitely got "Please Read the Letter" down!

But I thought that version of "Black Dog" was, well, horrible. A kind of Appalachian Funeral Dirge... :mellow: If I never heard it again, I wouldn't be heart broken. "Black Dog" to me is (1) Rock 'n Roll, straight up; (2) has roots in the myths of the English country side, not Virginia; and (3) is all about the killer riff with the awesome rhthym behind it, anyway.

Just an opinion. Don't slay me. :)

You are correct! Black Dog is Rock n Roll. Glad to see somebody else with the guts to see it for what it was.

Archived