Foo Zeppelin

Rumpeller

This photo from Ross's site made me chuckle..

One thought came into mind when I saw Jimmy. Doc Brown, Back To The Future!

Oh no.... now that's all I'm going to think about when I see that pic. I thought he looked pretty good on stage with them, but now I'm having 2nd thoughts. :blink:

This photo from Ross's site made me chuckle..

One thought came into mind when I saw Jimmy. Doc Brown, Back To The Future! :lol:

foofighterscolour260by8.jpg

This would explain the flux capacitor on stage I saw in another photo.

Having viewed a couple of vids, I must say JPJ and Jimmy sounded on fire!! If it sounded that good on mobile phone footage, it must've been mindblowing to be there. The only slight criticism I have is Dave Grohl screamed part of the vocal in Ramble On which made we wince but Taylor Hawkins was rockin' on Rock and Roll.

Like us all, I really do hope that this is a positive sign for the future. Rock on Jimmy!! (and JPJ!!)

I agree, he could of at least learned the words to Ramble on! But, as we all know, there is only one Robert Plant.

From http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/209...at-Wembley.html

Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page joins Foo Fighters on stage at Wembley

By Aislinn Simpson

Last Updated: 11:17AM BST 09/06/2008

Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page joined Foo Fighters onstage at Wembley Stadium this weekend - adding fuel to rumours that the veteran rockers may launch a world tour.

Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl - formerly the drummer with Nirvana - told the 86,000-strong audience on Saturday that he had something special planned, saying: "Tonight this will be the show we are talking about for the next 20 years."

Page and bassist John Paul Jones then appeared to perform two of their most celebrated songs: Rock and Roll and Ramble On.

An emotional Grohl told the crowd after the impromptu appearance: "Welcome to the greatest day of my whole entire life."

Article continues

advertisement

It was the first time Led Zeppelin had appeared onstage since their hugely successful reunion concert in front of 22,000 fans at London's O2 centre in December.

In an interview after that concert, Page said the band were ready to reunite and perform more live events.

But he said that fans could have to wait until Autumn 2009 as band members had to tie up individual projects first.

Your thoughts???

Alright, riddle me this: Why isn't the news about this show on the "News" section of this Official website's home page? Who's running the show? Someone is slackin' off.

Hi - The band and their management(s) choose what official Led Zeppelin news appears on the site. Usually, news about individual members goes on their official sites (robertplant.com, johnpauljones.com. Jimmy doesn't have one).

Anyway, all the news can be found in the forum.

A thousand pardons!

ps- why doesn't Jimmy have his own site? I wish he'd write his autobiography, too.

I'm asking for a lot, I know...I know...

:rolleyes:

But he said that fans could have to wait until Autumn 2009 as band members had to tie up individual projects first.

Your thoughts???

My thoughts? I think this is like throwing a half eaten peanut to a herd of angry elephants.

By the way, I see you have a "WBAB" radio station emblem in your posts. I happen to have lived in Babylon for 45 tears - the last 25 being tortured by the jackasses at that station. This morning, a severe car accident was reported on Sunrise Highway, down the street from me. The one DJ (JP?) asked if "there were any dead guys?". If you have any interaction with these clowns, please tell him he's very close to being the next "DEAD GUY IN THE ENVELOPE". Thanks!

My thoughts? I think this is like throwing a half eaten peanut to a herd of angry elephants.

By the way, I see you have a "WBAB" radio station emblem in your posts. I happen to have lived in Babylon for 45 tears - the last 25 being tortured by the jackasses at that station. This morning, a severe car accident was reported on Sunrise Highway, down the street from me. The one DJ (JP?) asked if "there were any dead guys?". If you have any interaction with these clowns, please tell him he's very close to being the next "DEAD GUY IN THE ENVELOPE". Thanks!

My suggestion is switch to Q104.3. Much better signal strength and better DJ's! Carol Miller rules.

I posted the link 'cause it looked like a reliable source. Sorry if I mis"LED" anyone.

My suggestion is switch to Q104.3. Much better signal strength and better DJ's! Carol Miller rules.

I posted the link 'cause it looked like a reliable source. Sorry if I mis"LED" anyone.

I listen to the Q, they're the best but I was really disappointed in their Wembley coverage... <_<

Yep - I try to listen to Q104.3 as much as possible, but still too many commercials for me to not flip around, sometimes. Yesterday, on live at 5:00, they played two acoustic numbers from "How the West was Won", and they always have "Get the Led Out" just before I pull into work. Why don't you have their emblem instead of WBABs? I wouldn't want to see you get hit with a rock, or nothin'...

:lol: After reading your post, I don't think I'll ever look at that photo in the same way again. Hmm, I wonder if the wizard is working on time travel...

Reliable sources claim the wizard left Wembley Saturday evening in a DeLorean.

Well this whole thread has made my hair stand up on end. Yes, yes, yes. As far as the "Doc Brown", fly up hair look, that's fine with me. Of course, if he wore that "Quaker Oats Guy" hat and suit, his hair would have been in place better!!

Thanks for the videos and pictures folks.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

There are so many clips of the Page and Jones performance from this show and although, I've been doing a lot of searching and I've come up a bit empty finding what I want.

Does anyone know what are the best full length videos of Rock and Roll and Ramble On in the best quality from this gig? They don't necessarily have to be from You Tube. Any video site will do as long as quality is good and hopefully are of the entire song.

Please provide links. Thanks.

Strong chance it may happen, again. :)

I certainly hope so.

Said it before and will say it again, this could be exactly what Jimmy/Jonesy needs (although Jonesy has been working with numerous bands over the last few years) and that would be to hook up with a young, energetic band with a strong following and that is current and relevant to today's music. A shot in the arm to say the least. The guest spot with the Foos proved they could kick some serious butt if they teamed up to some degree with these guys.

I certainly hope so.

Said it before and will say it again, this could be exactly what Jimmy/Jonesy needs (although Jonesy has been working with numerous bands over the last few years) and that would be to hook up with a young, energetic band with a strong following and that is current and relevant to today's music. A shot in the arm to say the least. The guest spot with the Foos proved they could kick some serious butt if they teamed up to some degree with these guys.

I know where your coming from but I suspect that some fans are going to have a hard time getting used to that. Don't get me wrong, I'm as happy as anybody that they got on stage but I have to admit that the Foo's might have been the last band that I would have wanted. Having said that, I can't really think of a band that these two could play with that would have been suitable. Maybe it's just me but it's gotta be Page, Plant ,Jones , and Bonham.