Foo Zeppelin

Rumpeller

The crowd went wild of course but they'd been wild all night for the FFs.

One of the nicest things about this event for me has been seeing the emotion from Foo Fighters fans at having the chance to see Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones play with "their band". The YouTube clips show the reaction from the crowd, and you can hear them singing along to the songs. But also the comments from FF fans on YouTube and media sites which covered the story really show how much it meant to them and how honoured they felt.

I saw Page & Plant at the Amnesty show in Paris in 1998 and much of the crowd was completely indifferent, even bored! The Foo Fighters show was totally unlike that and was a real signal to Led Zeppelin that they are adored by millions of music fans, not just those obsessed enough to have got to the O2 show (or to post on this forum).

p.s. Is it true that the Foo Fighters aren't that popular or well known in the States?? Bet they are now!

One of the nicest things about this event for me has been seeing the emotion from Foo Fighters fans at having the chance to see Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones play with "their band". The YouTube clips show the reaction from the crowd, and you can hear them singing along to the songs. But also the comments from FF fans on YouTube and media sites which covered the story really show how much it meant to them and how honoured they felt.

I saw Page & Plant at the Amnesty show in Paris in 1998 and much of the crowd was completely indifferent, even bored! The Foo Fighters show was totally unlike that and was a real signal to Led Zeppelin that they are adored by millions of music fans, not just those obsessed enough to have got to the O2 show (or to post on this forum).

p.s. Is it true that the Foo Fighters aren't that popular or well known in the States?? Bet they are now!

The Foo Fighters are very popular and successful here in the states.

According to Ross Halfin, Dave asked Ross if he would ask Page to Join him for an encore at his show. Page says yes and Jonesy show up too.

I think this is very significant. For a Band that doesn't "socialize together outside of work" this means a lot.

This Means that Page and Jonesy are spending a lot of time together, and more likely than not are working together. It's been 6 months since o2 and the 2 j's sound pretty well rehearsed and in good form.

although the future seems uncertain, I think somewhere in the near future is at least a partial LZ reunion/album/tour. Maybe not under that moniker.

On a side note. What's up With Jimmy Page sportin' a mullet. Looks like he going to a Nam reunion!

According to Ross Halfin, Dave asked Ross if he would ask Page to Join him for an encore at his show. Page says yes and Jonesy show up too.

I think this is very significant. For a Band that doesn't "socialize together outside of work" this means a lot.

This Means that Page and Jonesy are spending a lot of time together, and more likely than not are working together. It's been 6 months since o2 and the 2 j's sound pretty well rehearsed and in good form.

although the future seems uncertain, I think somewhere in the near future is at least a partial LZ reunion/album/tour. Maybe not under that moniker.

On a side note. What's up With Jimmy Page sportin' a mullet. Looks like he going to a Nam reunion!

It probably just means Jimmy was asked to do it, so he phoned Jonesy and said "Fancy doing a couple of numbers with the Foos?"

This means that Jimmy and John Paul are realizing time's ticking away; what's the point of avoiding each other like the old days when they were young and could afford the time to do so?

If Jimmy and Jonsey (and Jason) want to tour without Robert. Im am fine with it. I don't think they should call themselves Led Zeppelin, but i also don't think they should bring up so old fart to sing. Lets keep it 40 and under. Im not sure how coverdale voice is holding up, but im pretty sure it doesn't hold up that well compared to the younger singers. You need somebody who can scream like robert did in the 70's

Thanks, Rover. In the undistorted audio of R&R, Jimmy and Jonesy are playing and sounding like they did in 1972. B)

In this vid, Jimmy is moving like he did in 1972. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD_mqZ3gAvY

MSG that is exactly what I was thinking when I watched him in that video!!!

Our Pagey is looking like he did back in the 70's (and Jonesey was looking pretty awesome too I might add!!)

:cheer::cheer:

If Jimmy and Jonsey (and Jason) want to tour without Robert. Im am fine with it. I don't think they should call themselves Led Zeppelin, but i also don't think they should bring up so old fart to sing. Lets keep it 40 and under. Im not sure how coverdale voice is holding up, but im pretty sure it doesn't hold up that well compared to the younger singers. You need somebody who can scream like robert did in the 70's

Calling me an old fart could make me scream like Robert :D

After reading what I just read He comes off as the supior being and He does not like Robert.Well us Humans feed you buddy.anyway back to the subject at hand.It was cool but it is done.Now We move on to greener pastures.

After reading what I just read He comes off as the supior being and He does not like Robert.Well us Humans feed you buddy.anyway back to the subject at hand.It was cool but it is done.Now We move on to greener pastures.

No wish to get into a UK versus US thing but one of the things about Halfin is that he is very english with a very dark sense of humour. sometimes American people but not ALL american people take exception at this. A lot of the time Halfin is taking the piss and enjoying the fallout. people shouldnt take him so seriously.

The Foo Fighters are huge over here. And, in my opinion, for good reason. Unlike a lot of new bands, they seem to really understand what made those old school bands so good. I don't know how they stack up against someone like a Led Zeppelin, but I love their music a lot.

"Led Zeppelin and the Foos it is" says Ross.

HALF of Zeppelin, twit.

Sorry, folks, he irritates me. :ph34r:

Chill out - it was only half of the Foos as well. No need to be so pedantic about it, particularly seeing as how Ross H was the man who actually liaised between Grohl & Page to make this happen.

Just be happy for them all, and us. :rolleyes:

:D:D:D

Fantastic!!!! Thank Jimmy for granting Grohls fantasy "gig" they were all soo happy!

That was just too cool.

They were movin' like they meant it. Like they used to. WOW. :)

It's been a long time, no shit. Long time since I've seen Jimmy look really into it and happy.

What an ending for an encore. Whewwwww....... :cheer::cheer::thumbsup:

P.M. & Wings . . .

"Who's that man moving 'cross the stage ? ? ?

It looks a lot like the one who's like Jimmy Page.....

A (timeless) relic from a different Age...."

The Best R&R vintage - 1975!

'75 R&R was fantastic but I think Jimmy might have to work on his moves a bit more in order to match what he did back then:

th_LZForum75SA.jpg

:D Oh yeah, a wonderful sight for our eyes!

The man is 64!!! and he's grooving like the good old days, he hasn't changed a bit.

Can't believe it. He 's so f.....g enjoying this again...

He always was. ;)

He sure is! Lovely to see. Thanks, MSG!

You're welcome, Alison! :)

MSG that is exactly what I was thinking when I watched him in that video!!!

Our Pagey is looking like he did back in the 70's (and Jonesey was looking pretty awesome too I might add!!)

:cheer::cheer:

IluvJimmyPage', it feels great, doesn't it? :D

No wish to get into a UK versus US thing but one of the things about Halfin is that he is very english with a very dark sense of humour. sometimes American people but not ALL american people take exception at this. A lot of the time Halfin is taking the piss and enjoying the fallout. people shouldnt take him so seriously.

I think like that.

---you're right---

Who's the foo fighters?? Never heard of them before this.

I can't wait to see what the future holds. I think we will all have our answer before the end of the year. Like everyone, I too, just want to see Jimmy again. He is my favorite performer, and any musicians he brings with, weather it be Paul Rogers, Chris Slade, Jason Bonham, Chris Robinson, or JPJ or Zeppelin. It's all just a bonus. Page is the main act. Of course Zep would be my preference, but I'm feeling really good about seeing Pagey soon.

Chill out - it was only half of the Foos as well. No need to be so pedantic about it, particularly seeing as how Ross H was the man who actually liaised between Grohl & Page to make this happen.

Just be happy for them all, and us. :rolleyes:

Did I say I wasn't happy for them? Or that I wouldn't have loved to be there? :rolleyes:

RH calling JP and JPJ Led Zeppelin was what I wasn't happy about--not pedantry, just accuracy. No biggie. (He just irritates me. 'Twas ever thus.)

JPJ is surprisingly pumped here for someone who is always talking about how he doesn't relish the rock star life. He looks like he's shouting "whooo!".

foofighters-colour263.jpg

"John says he wished they'd done more, they were just getting going."

---you're right---

Who's the foo fighters?? Never heard of them before this.

Ever hear of a band called Nirvana? :lol:

I too disagree with calling it Led Zeppelin. It's not Zeppelin without Robert Plant, and some would argue it's not Led Zeppelin without John Bonham, but as Jason is a legacy can accept that much. Page and Plant were only half of Zeppelin and guess what they called it? Page and Plant.

And I understand Ross' dark English humour. He can also be a first rate dick at times, though. Personal experience of my own from the times we met, and also the opinion of several very close friends of mine including the former president of the Def Leppard fan club.

Anyway, Pagey and Jonesy playing out. Fantastic! :beer:

JPJ is surprisingly pumped here for someone who is always talking about how he doesn't relish the rock star life. He looks like he's shouting "whooo!".

foofighters-colour263.jpg

"John says he wished they'd done more, they were just getting going."

Jonesy has been so excited since the O2 show he hasn't changed his clothes.

You mean Ross aka Mr. Personality played a role in this collaboration... :o OH MY!!

Glad it came off and came off so well! :D

Archived