Foo Zeppelin

Rumpeller

By Friday afternoon I'd heard so many rumours about some Led Zep presence at the Foo Fighters second show at Wembley Stadium. I checked a ticket agency and a handful of last minute tickets had just been released, so I took a gamble on it being a Zeppy kind of day and booked myself a ticket.

Well, I've just got back and it happened!!!

The Foo Fighters played for about 2 hours, then disappeared before their encore. Only Dave Grohl and his drummer, Taylor Hawkins, reappeared. However, the bass player and guitarist were different. Yessss ..... Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones.

They played 2 songs together:

Rock And Roll

(with Dave Grohl on drums and Taylor Hawkins on vocals)

Ramble On

(this time Taylor Hawkins on drums and Dave Grohl on vocals)

My gamble paid off and it was mind blowing.

Here's a link to a photo from tonight

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/events/foos08/...y/39.shtml#jump

Right, off to bed now. I've had a good day. :D

My gamble paid off and it was mind blowing.

Here's a link to a photo from tonight

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/events/foos08/...y/39.shtml#jump

Right, off to bed now. I've had a good day. :D

Lucky you! You took the gamble and hit a jackpot, congrats. Did you have pretty good seats? I know, I know, you were in the same building as 1/2 Zeppelin so any seat was good. :D

beatbo and friends, would you stop yanking chains! It appears JASON made the appearance not Jimmy and JP; that photo could have been easily super imposed by some wanker at Radio 1. Even NME didn't mention one word about Jimmy or JP being there. Here, see for yourselves. I don't think NME would overlook something as huge as Jimmy and JP being on stage together. There's no money in it for them if they keep it a secret. I'll check You Tube in the morning- enough of this b.s. already!

NME Foo Fighters Wembley 2008

beatbo and friends, would you stop yanking chains! It appears JASON made the appearance not Jimmy and JP; that photo could have been easily super imposed by some wanker at Radio 1. Even NME didn't mention one word about Jimmy or JP being there. Here, see for yourselves. I don't think NME would overlook something as huge as Jimmy and JP being on stage together. There's no money in it for them if they keep it a secret. I'll check You Tube in the morning- enough of this b.s. already!

I suppose the video supplied by Stringy in the previous post was super imposed too! :rolleyes:

Sorry if this comment appears rude, no rudeness intended but....

Get with the Program!!

Having viewed a couple of vids, I must say JPJ and Jimmy sounded on fire!! If it sounded that good on mobile phone footage, it must've been mindblowing to be there. The only slight criticism I have is Dave Grohl screamed part of the vocal in Ramble On which made we wince but Taylor Hawkins was rockin' on Rock and Roll.

Like us all, I really do hope that this is a positive sign for the future. Rock on Jimmy!! (and JPJ!!)

Actually this is quite ingenious; Jimmy is pulling on a Coverdale card to dangle in front of Robert's face to come back where he belongs.

That was my thought too, when Robert hears of this no doubt he'll be calling them to see how it went and who knows?

I wonder what he thinks about his former bandmates with different singer(s)?

I'm thinking a pissed off Robert will want to prove he's not replaceable!

Page, and J.P.J. will be fine with or without him. Probably better "without" considering all the tempermental baggage he brings along. Can you imagine how hard it must be to keep Percy happy, with his fragile ego.

Page, and J.P.J. will be fine with or without him. Probably better "without" considering all the tempermental baggage he brings along. Can you imagine how hard it must be to keep Percy happy, with his fragile ego.

Yes they will be fine.. I think they've just proved that...

But what about the opportunity to be great again?

it's like a horse and carriage, try to separate and you'll get disparage....(a little Sinatra there lol)

you can bash RP forever, but he's an important ingredient no more and no less then JPJ and JP.

Archived