When listening to each led zep album, what songs do you skip?

Does anyone else listen to the same LZ song two or more times in a row? What I really miss is being able to rewind, or move the needle. In Over the Hills and Far Away, I could listen to the solo section 10 times. In Fool in the Rain, I could listen to the section before the solo and the the solo 10 times. Candy Store Rock- over and over. That weird section of How Many More times over and over. Houses of the Holy - I listened to that song for hours at a time a couple of times in my life. III and IV- I could listen to most of those songs over and over for a whole day. I always listen to Friends and Celebration Day at least 3 times. Black Dog, Four Stick and Levee twice.

I do sometimes. Usually only the short songs: Thank You, Tangerine, and Bron-Y-Aur come to mind. I listen to songs from other bands twice in a row sometimes, too.

I gotta confess, I hate Black Dog. I know JPJ wrote it and I'm a big JPJ fan, but I just can't dig that riff.

Battle of Evermore I don't care for, In fact I don't really care a lot for Led Zeppelin IV.

I woke up with Down By the Seaside stuck in my head.

Me too! It's just one of those songs really... especially the part "So far away, so far away...".

Roxie- we have similar taste in Jimmy's fashions and songs we can live without- :D

here's my list...

Led Zeppelin I:

You're Time is Gonna Come (too predictable)

Black Mountain Side (c'mon- Jimmy recycled this from his Yardbird days!)

Led Zeppelin II:

The Lemon Song (juice joke got old)

Living Loving Maid (no wonder women still fight for equal rights)

Led Zeppelin III:

Hats off to (Roy) Harper (this song's re-verb triggers a migraine)

Led Zeppelin IV:

Battle of Evermore (Sandy's voice gets on my nerves)

HOTH:

NO skips there- my favorite album, actually.

Physical Graffiti:

Trampled Under Foot (it never ends)

Boogie With Stu (don't like the tune)

Sick Again (I really don't the tune)

Presence:

Achilles Last Stand (sounds too much like Heart's Baracuda)

Royal Orleans (amalgamation of other Zep songs I skip)

In Through The Out Door:

Hot Dog (no meat, all filler)

Carouselambra (I gotta be in a patient mood to listen to this all the way through)

Fool in the Rain (can't stand the rap whistle bit)

CODA

Poor Tom (poor my ears)

**Of course, when I'm at the gym working out, I listen to the albums all the way through without skipping!**

Skip? :huh:

Skipping a song on a Zeppelin album is like gazing at Van Gogh's Starry Nights and ignoring the village below. A Zeppelin album is a singular statement. The cover, the track listing, it all forms a whole. Don't lose that, man. Seriously. Rock and Roll ending without the Battle of Evermore fading in? Immigrant Song ending without the chatter of Friends following? Nah, screw that! MP3s, downloads...an art form is being lost here. It's like listening to The Dark Side of the Moon and skipping The Great Gig in the Sky before flipping over to Money. What are you thinking? It's not a collection of songs. It's a journey. From song 1 though 10 or whatever. I pity the generation that doesn't get that. You're missing the experience of it. The songs on Zeppelin albums are there, in the order they are there, for a REASON. Take the trip! :beer:

Skipping a song on a Zeppelin album is like gazing at Van Gogh's Starry Nights and ignoring the village below. A Zeppelin album is a singular statement. The cover, the track listing, it all forms a whole. Don't lose that, man. Seriously. Rock and Roll ending without the Battle of Evermore fading in? Immigrant Song ending without the chatter of Friends following? Nah, screw that! MP3s, downloads...an art form is being lost here. It's like listening to The Dark Side of the Moon and skipping The Great Gig in the Sky before flipping over to Money. What are you thinking? It's not a collection of songs. It's a journey. From song 1 though 10 or whatever. I pity the generation that doesn't get that. You're missing the experience of it. The songs on Zeppelin albums are there, in the order they are there, for a REASON. Take the trip! :beer:

Enter Evster, Enter God.

You are so right mate. If you fancy it I'm for tracking those that blasphemers down and neutering them with my teeth.

Wad ja say bud?

Well said as usual! BTW Ev, I checked out your YouTubes....VERY impressive!! And you can SING too! Wowie!! You are a talented musician!!

Enter Evster, Enter God.

You are so right mate. If you fancy it I'm for tracking those that blasphemers down and neutering them with my teeth.

Wad ja say bud?

Please don't deify me mate, some people might take it too seriosly! :rolleyes:

Delusions of grandeur. :lol:

All I know my friend, is that the air conditioning is working on a hot California afternoon, the beer is cold, I've got a half full pack of smokes, and CODA sounds pretty good in the headphones.

Bliss my friend. I wish everybody could experience Wednesday (humpday) like this! I'm a happy guy! Cheers to you and yours! :beer:

Well said as usual! BTW Ev, I checked out your YouTubes....VERY impressive!! And you can SING too! Wowie!! You are a talented musician!!

Aw, thanks! The stuff with me singing was from 12 years ago. I definitely don't possess those pipes now! :lol: *COUGH*

*Lights cigarette*

:D Well, I took the trip many times years ago, and surely will again. These days I get a hankering for a certain song and go right for whatever song that is at the time.

I only ever skip if I'm in a situation that's not worthy of a particularly fantastic song (i.e. skipping Kashmir at work, or skipping When The Levee Breaks after a ghastly date, etc.). Somehow listening to a bonafide masterpiece whilst toiling away in front of a computer screen doesn't seem right. Call me crazy...

Holy shit! ; I can't believe how many of you skip Out On The Tiles... thats like the 3rd best song on III!

I must say, the only song I skip consistently is Moby Dick (too drawn out), South Bound Suarez (too 80's), Hot Dog (not enough room to explain) and Hats Off to (Roy) Harper (I don't think I've ever gotten so annoyed as I get listening to this song going absolutely nowhere in 3 and a half minutes)

Those are the only ones that come to mind....

how can u skip hot dog

for me:

Led Zeppelin II:

The Lemon Song (not a fan of the lyrics "squeeze my lemon 'til the juice runs down my leg")

that's the only one on that album

WTF? You skip the Lemon Song? Turn up the Bass on your speakers and just listen to the bassline. It's one of the best you'll ever hear. Just ignore the vocals.

In terms of which songs I skip I'd say there are only a few:

Hats off to Roy Harper, Black Country Woman, South Bend Suarez, and In the Evening. Also Bonzo's Matrix, and Moby Dick. They're great drum solos, but I can only hear them so many times.

Whole Lotta Love is the only one I skip.

don't get me wrong, I LOOOVE this song!

but I live with my parents, you know... :rolleyes:

so i'm really ashamed to hear this song in front of them

but once in a while I listen to it with my headphones (:

- sorry my bad English, I'm still learning -

I remember my husband telling me how, when he was about 12-13 years old, and that song came on the radio when he was in the car with his mother, he felt very embarrassed too! He only listened, like you do, in his room with headphones.

Don't worry about your English. It is fine and will improve as you read and post here. :)

I remember my husband telling me how, when he was about 12-13 years old, and that song came on the radio when he was in the car with his mother, he felt very embarrassed too! He only listened, like you do, in his room with headphones.

Don't worry about your English. It is fine and will improve as you read and post here. :)

Yeah, so I'm not the only one to skip that song (:

thanks, I'm sure I will improve my English here. :D

Im like that abit but with Trampled Underfoot and the Lemon Song, the first time my sis heard Trampled Underfoot she gave me the strangest look and said "you like this song do you?...mmmmm" :rolleyes:

The only songs i skip are Your Time Is Gonna Come,Bring It On Home,Down By The Seaside and Livin' Lovin' Maid.

I try not to. Sometimes, when I'm at my grandma's house she will ask me to skip The Lemon Song, but that's okay beause my grandma is a really nice lady. And at my other grandma's I'm not allowed to listen to music. I'll quote her "That man you call Robert sounds like that Janis girl, they just shriek turn it off!" But she listen to 70s disco.

I try not to. Sometimes, when I'm at my grandma's house she will ask me to skip The Lemon Song, but that's okay beause my grandma is a really nice lady. And at my other grandma's I'm not allowed to listen to music. I'll quote her "That man you call Robert sounds like that Janis girl, they just shriek But she listen to 70s disco.

Dunno who Janis is but you didn't react to that :o

Yesturday while i was watch TSRTS my sister came in and said "wow he's shit, he really needs singing lessons" And i was like :rant: and she then said something offensive bout Jimmy which i don't want to remember :(

Archived