Jimmy Says - NO REUNION

Dandu

Goddammit, if Percy just ain't gonna do it, there's nothing stopping Jimmy: it seems pretty clear that he's chomping at the bit for some serious action, so let him grab JPJ & Jason, put a worthy album together and TOUR. Call it "P B & J", or "Pickled Fart", whatever....

The thought that I may never get to see my greatest musical hero perform due to the obstinacy of one band member (even though he of course has the right to refuse) burns my ass.... :angry:

P B & J is better than B J & P me thinks.;-)

You know, they don't hunt for the pelts, and they use the entire seal. the ENTIRE seal.

Let me guess, everyone should be a vegetarian right?

I wonder if we could dig up photos of Paul in fur.

I wonder if we could stick him in the Arctic and see how he survives.

I'm guessing here...you dont really like Paul McCartney, do you?

Goddammit, if Percy just ain't gonna do it, there's nothing stopping Jimmy: it seems pretty clear that he's chomping at the bit for some serious action, so let him grab JPJ & Jason, put a worthy album together and TOUR. Call it "P B & J", or "Pickled Fart", whatever....

The thought that I may never get to see my greatest musical hero perform due to the obstinacy of one band member (even though he of course has the right to refuse) burns my ass.... :angry:

Agree 100%. PB & J needn't be discouraged by the refusal of one of the band members to participate. Jimmy shouldn't feel like he has to wait around any longer.

Agree 100%. PB & J needn't be discouraged by the refusal of one of the band members to participate. Jimmy shouldn't feel like he has to wait around any longer.

Jimmy never HAD to wait around. No-one held a gun to his head. It was HIS choice to do that whilst Robert was out making great music.

Jimmy never HAD to wait around. No-one held a gun to his head. It was HIS choice to do that whilst Robert was out making great music.

Yeah, it's really hard to get under Jimmy's skin to understand his motivations considering some of the things he's done before in lieu of Robert. But after whetting his appetite at the O2, it really seems now like he will not be satisfied to make a serious commitment to a new project unless Robert returns to the fold, even something as innocuous as recording demos. I certainly hope this is a strategic move on Jimmy's part with a clear endgoal and not a sign that he's going back into de facto retirement.

I'm guessing here...you dont really like Paul McCartney, do you?

i'm gonna put my 2 cents here and say that i don't like it when paul mcartney sticks his nose in canada's business to be some sort of saint or hero. he's an ass, go away paul!

he doesn't understand the north's way of life, he eats fillet mingon (sp?) and cavier (sp?)

and he beats women!

i'm gonna put my 2 cents here and say that i don't like it when paul mcartney sticks his nose in canada's business to be some sort of saint or hero. he's an ass, go away paul!

he doesn't understand the north's way of life, he eats fillet mingon (sp?) and cavier (sp?)

and he beats women!

And all that blather has "what?" to do with "Jimmy Says - NO REUNION"?

Just asking.

Love,

Billy

Actually, Paul is a talented musician, a strict vegetarian, was paid by an animal rights group to promote the anti seal hunt, he also smokes a lot of weed and was pussy whipped for a while....

To keep on topic; Jimmy and the boys will be writing and then they'll go from there....

and he beats women!

Maybe a tofu mignon. Yuck.

Well, i find Jethro Tull to be "inactive" but i don't mind if they have a message board. The 5 members they do have can chat up a storm.

I'm not sure how you define inactive. Tull has been touring CONSTANTLY. Every couple of years (or so) they release something, be it a DVD, remastered CD or new product. And they don't have a chat room.

I'm not sure how you define inactive. Tull has been touring CONSTANTLY. Every couple of years (or so) they release something, be it a DVD, remastered CD or new product. And they don't have a chat room.

Sounds just like The Stones, yawn........

Sounds just like The Stones, yawn........

I dunno. The Stones have done a pretty good job of remaining relevant for a band from that era. What exactly do you expect from them? I'm not sure ANY act can maintain the same relevance that bands had back in the late 60s and early 70s before MTV when all you knew about music was what was on the radio and whoever showed up on a variety show on one of the big 3 networks. Back in the 60s the Beatles would put on 20 minute concerts and it was bedlam. The world is a different place today. There are too many bands, too much choice in entertainment. Information overload. And we know too much about celebrities. We're watching Ozzy eat his cereal in the morning in a bathrobe. We're a fly on the wall when Metallica cracks up in front of their shrink. Bands are blogging about every trivial thought that comes into their heads on their Myspace page. The mystique is GONE.

The way the O2 reunion reverberated through the world news outlets like it "mattered" was really quite remarkable in this day and age. The public is very fickle about what they consider to be earthshattering in the world of music.

"Led Zeppelin's never been about the fans. We've always been about four guys coming together to make thrilling, disturbing rock 'n' roll. On our own terms."

I read this quote from Robert today in an article about why he's put off on touring. He's says it's all the paper work that keeps him away.

As far as the quote above, however, I would have to say that I think Jimmy would heartily disagree. It seems as though from what I've read (and from the sheer quality and concern for quality that JP has always and still has towards the music he releases) that he most definitly does care about LZ fans. He has always wanted to give fans the most for their dollar (at on concert or on a recording) than any other band. Robert seems to have always been the one more interested in gratifying his own musical whims than any of the other band members.

I don't think Robert Speaks for LZ in this quote, or at least he shouldn't.

I'm wondering what everybody else thinks...

"Led Zeppelin's never been about the fans. We've always been about four guys coming together to make thrilling, disturbing rock 'n' roll. On our own terms."

I just had to log in to reply to that quote. First, :blink::huh: .

If that's the case then why ever record at all. You could do THAT in the garage. This makes no sense to me, and makes me wonder if Robert, ( btw, you know I love him) is losing it a tad bit.

Like that statement he made " I was never that guy." :huh: Just really freaky to me.

So, in other words, screw the "fans" hmmmm.......Jeez, who made you rich?

And I agree, Jimmy DOES care about the ZEP fans. The first DVD was proof of that.

So, Robert, what about now? Is Robert "about the fans?" If not, well...why tour at all. Or record.

If it's just about you then stay in the garage.

edited to add....ok, ok, I get it. Gut reaction at first glance^.*.bowing for forgiveness* :P

Her is the actual link to the article/quote, summed up by Contact Music.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/artic...reunion_1080846

I don't really think that he meant that the fans weren't important. The fan base did in fact come from four guy's making music on they're own terms. IMHO, it would be a real stretch to read anything nasty into that statement. As for the paper work, I'm guessing that he was taking the piss

I don't really think that he meant that the fans weren't important. The fan base did in fact come from four guy's making music on they're own terms. IMHO, it would be a real stretch to read anything nasty into that statement. As for the paper work, I'm guessing that he was taking the piss

It'll be REALLY easy for some people here. :rolleyes:

Archived