Page rep comments on possible Album & Tour

MrZoSo

If Myles Kennedy is the one selected for whatever this turns out to be, and gets a firm commitment from Page and Jones, why on earth would he want to remain a member of Alter Bridge as Mr. Tremonti has suggested. If the Alter Bridge members are close personal friends with each other I could see it a little bit, but otherwise why wouldn't Miles put everything he has into a potential new project with two musical geniuses of the rock era without looking back? If he doesn't think what Page, Jones and Bonham has to offer should warrant his full attention and commitment he should say no to them if a offer is indeed made. All this is pure speculation without ever Myles speaking for himself, however.

Perhaps like what JPJ said recently (they haven't made a final decision yet and Alterbridge is happy to be receiving all of the extra press.

If Myles is chosen then, perhaps Alterbridge will take a break and Creed will re-emerge for a tour/live album with a few new songs or something... You never know.

This will give JP/JPJ/JB time to evaluate how well the new project goes (considering how the tour and new album sales go). Perhaps after this one or possible two year event, Plant will re-emerge and the three surviving members with Jason will do another one-off or more... you never know.

R B)

Sorry, I know I'm in the minority here, but I think all this speculation and uncertainty is a mark against the legacy of Led Zeppelin. Steven Tyler ? Altar Bridge ? Almost a year of goofy media speculation about the future ? This pleases you somehow ? Reminds me of Ali vs. Trevor Berbick.

It's not going to be Led Zeppelin, but the setlist will be packed full of Zep tunes sung by someone else ? Sounds like Creedance Clearwater Revisited to me.

If you're going to make an album and tour without Robert, then please make it a clean break. If they tour, don't even play Zep tunes. As much as I can get on Robert about his prissy ways, they need to leave the door open for another O2 type show in the future. He deserves that. If they hire another singer, I don't believe you will ever see Robert play with P, B, & J again. I don't want that door closed.

Jimmy also needs to drop this attitude that the only place worth playing is 20k + arenas. The '88 Outrider Tour....'98 Plant/Page.....Jimmy & the Crowes....many of those shows did not sell-out. Without Plant, there is absolutely no reason to justify doing that. If they are not willing to play smaller arenas for your benefit, then you need to call this exactly what it is....a money grab.

Okay, you are all now welcomed to throw debris at Bong-Man. No batteries please.

Dunk%20Tank(1).jpg

Sounds like you're boxing in Jimmy Page. He seems to be the only top flight guitarist that's not entitled to play his own damn material. Fuck that.

Exactly, the guy has to play Zeppelin stuff with Plant. If Plant won't do it his choices are to go on the road with all new stuff and don't touch his own legacy, or do nothing. Hasn't he been doing nothing long enough?

Sounds like you're boxing in Jimmy Page. He seems to be the only top flight guitarist that's not entitled to play his own damn material. Fuck that.

I understand that, but I feel it is Jimmy who has boxed himself in. I don't believe Robert ever minced words about his intentions towards the O2 gig. It was Jimmy who hopped aboard the speculation train and insisted that O2 could lead to more than what it was. I don't believe Robert ever had intentions of carrying on after O2....not with Jimmy, and especially not with JPJ. I don't think he wants a DVD release either, regardless of sound quality problems. Jimmy was/is trying to use the momentum of the O2 show to cause something to happen that just isn't/wasn't there. My opinion is this effort has now become a bit of an embarrassment. It's been a year....Are you sure that much new material exists ? Are you sure Jimmy really even wants to do this without Robert ? He's had 28 years to work with JPJ.

I understand everyone's desire to see Jimmy play, but in the shadow of the absolute beauty and spirit of the O2 event, this media circus is starting to get a little ripe. JMO

I think it's just good that Jimmy, John Paul, and Jason want to go on tour together. Doesn't matter if it's called Led Zeppelin or not. It shouldn't be unless Robert Plant is involved. I think every member of the band knows this as the truth because they know what Led Zeppelin is.

I understand that, but I feel it is Jimmy who has boxed himself in. I don't believe Robert ever minced words about his intentions towards the O2 gig. It was Jimmy who hopped aboard the speculation train and insisted that O2 could lead to more than what it was. I don't believe Robert ever had intentions of carrying on after O2....not with Jimmy, and especially not with JPJ. I don't think he wants a DVD release either, regardless of sound quality problems. Jimmy was/is trying to use the momentum of the O2 show to cause something to happen that just isn't/wasn't there. My opinion is this effort has now become a bit of an embarrassment. It's been a year....Are you sure that much new material exists ? Are you sure Jimmy really even wants to do this without Robert ? He's had 28 years to work with JPJ.

I understand everyone's desire to see Jimmy play, but in the shadow of the absolute beauty and spirit of the O2 event, this media circus is starting to get a little ripe. JMO

If Jimmy did hop aboard the speculation train, as you suggest, why would he do so if Robert had already made it abundantly clear that there would be nothing past O2? Is it possible that, privately, Robert gave Jimmy a little glimmer of hope for the possibility of more that wasn't necessarily communicated to the media and others? Just wondering.

Bingo. He was thinking there could be a further evolution of Led Zeppelin.

In the Page/Plant era, he often alluded to presenting Led Zeppelin's music as the "same picture in a different frame". Now he (as well as JPJ) is faced with having a new picture but no frame.

Agreed to a degree. Jimmy has been a bit lax in his musical drive, and that's being kind. This challenge is exactly what he needs IMO.

Well it sounds like JPJ & Jimmy have come up with some rockin' new stuff. I keep thinking about the Zooma tour. It rocked. Who needs a singer? I think they both just want to get out there and let it rip, while the ripping is good. Drop the legacy bit. The Page / Jones Experiment, now playing at a theater near you. I'd be up for that.

So Jimmy shouldn't form a new band and play new stuff (along with Zeppelin numbers) with JPJ and Jason. Is it permissable if he does it with Durban Laverde and Steve Gorman?

All three of them have the right to play whatever songs they want to play with whomever they want to play them with, which is what Robert has always done anyway...

Jones said that Plant doesn't want to make "loud music" anymore, but he and Page do. That suggested to me that perhaps Plant has heard what they're working on but can't picture himself singing on it...

Based on what JPJ said and the way he said it, I don't think the two camps have been in steady communication for a long while.

I agree that the afterglow of the O2 show is fading and fatigue will soon set in. I can't see this drama going on for more than another few months tops. They are going to announce something or they will call it all off.

So Jimmy shouldn't form a new band and play new stuff (along with Zeppelin numbers) with JPJ and Jason. Is it permissable if he does it with Durban Laverde and Steve Gorman?

All three of them have the right to play whatever songs they want to play with whomever they want to play them with, which is what Robert has always done anyway...

I don't think this is what Bong-man was saying at all . . :unsure:

I think Bong-man is trying to say if Jimmy wants to do it, not he shouldn't.

Oops, are we thinking about the same thing, Aqua? :D

Page rep, manager, lawyer, accountant, guy who walks his dog, gardner, paper delivery boy, little old lady crossing the street- whoever is saying these comments ISN'T Jimmy Page.

He was the darling of the BBC last year before the O2 concert. Interview after interview, both radio and television. What we need is a good 'ol fashioned press conference*, but that's dead and gone thanks to the Internet.

*for those of you under 25, press conferences were meetings held between a band and members of the press at long tables in small cramped rooms. Smokes, microphones and pitchers of water were often found on these tables. Many questions were answered, truthfully in most cases. Some were not. But whatever the answer, the band spoke for themselves.

_music-smiley-018.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimmy Page never stated post-02 that he was anticipating Robert's mind to change. I haven't heard him say that in print or publicly. I never expected Robert to be a part of their future and I believe he'll never play with them again.

The embarrassment you feel is not generated by Page but by the media and all the idiots that think he'll call any new project he does Led Zeppelin. If you and others don't want Jimmy to play Zeppelin songs again don't go to any of his future concerts. He's going to play his material again. Cut and dried.

If you think Jimmy was milking the 02 event to create momentum for whatever he's working on the same can be said about Robert's Raising Sand project. Without the 02 event you would have heard far less about Robert's personal project.

I don't think this is what Bong-man was saying at all . . :unsure:

Maybe I misunderstood him. But in regards to this quote on Robert:

I don't believe Robert ever had intentions of carrying on after O2....

I'll reply with this quote from Robert before the O2 show:

I never wanted to do it. Now I want to do nothing else.

When asked about a tour Robert said that anything is possible as long as there's not too much expectation. When Robert means "no", he says "no", as he finally did in the statement on his website. But if the above quotes represent the way he was feeling around the press last fall, I can only imagine how he felt around Page. In short, I doubt jimmy "manufactured" this despite Robert's protests. on the contrary, it seems to me there was probably a good reason for his optimism about the prospects of a reunion and tour after O2...

jimmy and jonesy are musicians. and as such, they enjoy writing, playing, producing, recording ...... all facets of music, i'd say.

music has been a HUGE part of their lives, as we all know.

when people talk about them not being prolific, or productive since zep, it really irks me. actually they have both been involved with different projects over the years. but there is one thing that a lot of people have forgotten about.

they are both parents.

jimmy in particular has been involved with family life in the last decade or so ( and rightly so ). it is blatantly obvious to me that what has been happening in recent times, the last 18 months or so, is that as his kids grow up and become less dependant, he is again finding the time to think about his music. i think that he and jonesy ( and robert and jason ) really enjoyed doing the 02, and why wouldn't they want to continue? ok, so robert doesn't. thats cool. that's how he feels. but jimmy and jonesy are keen to play/tour/record/do something .......

i for one can't wait to see/hear what they bring. to say they shouldn't play zep songs..... well i just don't get that. it is their material, it is what we all love ( isn't that why we are on the zep official site ? ) . why wouldn't they play the music that we all love to hear? if they have new material, well that's a huge bonus for me.

and this talk about jimmy not having a plan b, that he was still hoping robert would join........ knebby has told us that robert told jimmy and jonesy a long time ago that he wasn't interested, so i don't think that the singer auditions are a last minute thing. fact is, they need a singer, so they are looking for the right one. i have faith that they will choose a great one. no it's not robert, but i am sure they will be a good fit. i just can't wait.

sorry for the long post ...... and as always, just mho. cheers.

jimmy and jonesy are musicians. and as such, they enjoy writing, playing, producing, recording ...... all facets of music, i'd say.

music has been a HUGE part of their lives, as we all know.

when people talk about them not being prolific, or productive since zep, it really irks me. actually they have both been involved with different projects over the years. but there is one thing that a lot of people have forgotten about.

they are both parents.

jimmy in particular has been involved with family life in the last decade or so ( and rightly so ). it is blatantly obvious to me that what has been happening in recent times, the last 18 months or so, is that as his kids grow up and become less dependant, he is again finding the time to think about his music. i think that he and jonesy ( and robert and jason ) really enjoyed doing the 02, and why wouldn't they want to continue? ok, so robert doesn't. thats cool. that's how he feels. but jimmy and jonesy are keen to play/tour/record/do something .......

i for one can't wait to see/hear what they bring. to say they shouldn't play zep songs..... well i just don't get that. it is their material, it is what we all love ( isn't that why we are on the zep official site ? ) . why wouldn't they play the music that we all love to hear? if they have new material, well that's a huge bonus for me.

and this talk about jimmy not having a plan b, that he was still hoping robert would join........ knebby has told us that robert told jimmy and jonesy a long time ago that he wasn't interested, so i don't think that the singer auditions are a last minute thing. fact is, they need a singer, so they are looking for the right one. i have faith that they will choose a great one. no it's not robert, but i am sure they will be a good fit. i just can't wait.

sorry for the long post ...... and as always, just mho. cheers.

Nice post Slave. As a parent who just dropped off a daughter at college 3 months ago I can understand raising family is the first priority. Jimmy's admitted to being lacking as a parent during his Zeppelin heyday. Missing out on precious moments of seeing your child grow and living in the craziness that was Led Zeppelin. It appears he didn't want to repeat that pattern and seems to have been vitally involved in their upbringing. I commend him on his choice.

Jimmy seems to be eager again to play and I'm behind his efforts.

..........."But Page wants to make one thing clear about the new project. "Whatever this is, it is not Led Zeppelin," says a rep for Page's management company, QPrime. "Not without the involvement of Robert Plant."

he said that ? thank fuck 4 that....

Archived