ALTER BRIDGE Frontman: 'I Am Not Singing For LED ZEPPELIN'

Led Nick

Just came across this on Blabbermouth.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...wsitemID=109937

ALTER BRIDGE Frontman: 'I Am Not Singing For LED ZEPPELIN'

Austrian heavy 'zine Stormbringer.at conducted an interview with vocalist Myles Kennedy and guitarist Mark Tremonti of ALTER BRIDGE prior to the band's November 27, 2008 concert in Vienna, Austria. Watch the 13-minute chat below.

The question is at around 09:36.

His only reply was 'I Am Not Singing For LED ZEPPELIN'. What could this mean?

Whats everyone's thoughts on this?

The question is at around 09:36.

His only reply was 'I Am Not Singing For LED ZEPPELIN'. What could this mean?

Whats everyone's thoughts on this?

My take is that Myles Kennedy was being deliberately authoritative & coy at the same time. The way he said that does not rule out his working with JP, JPJ & JB.

It could be:

1) he is not singing for Led Zeppelin, a group consisting of JP, JPJ & JB

-OR-

2) he IS singing for a group consisting of JP, JPJ & JB that is NOT Led Zeppelin

-OR-

3) he IS NOT singing with JP, JPJ & JB no matter what they are called or decide to call themselves.

Since JP through his rep said "whatever this is, it's not Led Zeppelin", number 1 above is a given by definition- hence why I think Myles was being a little coy and perhaps a touch cryptic.

I think it's either 2 or 3 from above.

More news on this topic is always welcome I suppose, although this doesn't seem to make things much clearer about what's happening/not happening.

I doubt if Myles would give an answer that would confirm his involvement with JP,JPJ and JB, unless he wanted to feel the wrath of Jimmy. :)

His words say to me, "I'm not singing for LZ, but for *insert proposed new project name here*"

Yeah I am like the rest of you. I think that this is just a play on words because everyone now knows that this will be a new band. Quite suprised he even said what he said. Myles seems very humble and very careful with his words. So hopefully since he is speaking out (kinda) we will get some info soon. Their supose to finnish the Alter Bridge DVD with in the next week so maybe we will see the J's make an appearance.

Even if it is true that Myles is joining JPJ, JP and JB for some kind of project, it doesn't look all that stable or long term based on the comments from the guitarist of Alter Bridge. He sounds quite confident that MK will continue to be a member of Alter Bridge no matter what side projects he affiliates himself with. That tells me that the three J's have not fully committed on anything real and concrete with him. At this point they could conceivably hire him to do a greatest hits tour in '09 but to make a new project out of this with new music and input from all of the participants takes commitment from all involved. Is it realistic that MK could go from being the singer for a recommitted JP, JPJ project, and all that comes with it to go back to playing with Alter Bridge? Sounds fishy to me.

My take is that Myles Kennedy was being deliberately authoritative & coy at the same time. The way he said that does not rule out his working with JP, JPJ & JB.

It could be:

1) he is not singing for Led Zeppelin, a group consisting of JP, JPJ & JB

-OR-

2) he IS singing for a group consisting of JP, JPJ & JB that is NOT Led Zeppelin

-OR-

3) he IS NOT singing with JP, JPJ & JB no matter what they are called or decide to call themselves.

Since JP through his rep said "whatever this is, it's not Led Zeppelin", number 1 above is a given by definition- hence why I think Myles was being a little coy and perhaps a touch cryptic.

I think it's either 2 or 3 from above.

More news on this topic is always welcome I suppose, although this doesn't seem to make things much clearer about what's happening/not happening.

So in other words....

1. Who's on first

2. What's on second

3. I Don't Know's on third

...or something like that.

Plus billboard.com reports today that Creed is reuniting with their original singer for a tour

I saw that, this just makes everything more interesting..

I too think that Myles is just playing with words, and quite well I might add..

He's out.

I don't recall it being confiirmed anywhere that he was ever in. Said all along I didn't think it would be him. Wasn't a good fit.

I believe I know the game that's being played and I'm staying tight lipped until the announcement......

Archived