Tea For One

corduroyg

Probably my least favorite zep song, I have a hard time listening to Presence cuz I know it ends with this. To me its just a poor imitation of SIBLY, probably the only time they tried to recreate or rehash something from their past, they were always about pushing the limits and moving forward.

Anyone else agree? Tea For One = zzzzzzzzzzz

Nope. I love the opening riff and think it's a fantastic blues song. I would have preferred this on the '77 tour to replace SIBLY. I do agree the album should have ended with something else.

......It is one of their Masterpieces, I purchased Presence in '77 (with my allowance + babysitting $$ :D :D). The mood/feelings of Page's Guitar is just magical...never fails to explore depth each and every time for so many years..... just listened to it 3 days ago

...Oh well, if you don't like this Tea...perhaps I should post a recipe for Perfect Darjeeling Tea in Recipes Thread :D :D Take care....

Probably my least favorite zep song, I have a hard time listening to Presence cuz I know it ends with this. To me its just a poor imitation of SIBLY, probably the only time they tried to recreate or rehash something from their past, they were always about pushing the limits and moving forward.

LOVE this song/love Presence (<---one of my fave Zep albums!), but also love SIBLY, too. :)

Sharon

Have to disagree that 'Tea For One' is a snooze. While I love SIBLY, this song is mesmerizing. Moody, hazy, and mournful- fantastic blues.

To me, the two songs are similar but distinct. Love them both.

Tea For One is fucking amazing. Best song on the album, IMHO. I love the slow burn of it, I love how it starts off a little chunky and then the bottom drops out of it and it becomes this slow, rumbling blues number.

Great stuff.

I love Tea for One!

In 1976 my high school sweetheart gave Presence for my 16th birthday.

As Robert had longed-for Maureen, I longed-for my girlfriend.

To this day, every time I hear this song it reminds me of her and she knows it.

• 2 weeks later...

Emotion pervades Tea for One unlike any other song, except maybe for I'm Gonna Crawl; both of which happen to be the final tracks for their respective albums. Page's guitar work and accompanying solo are utterly spectacular and the rhythm section is solid. Plant also perfectly encapsulates the feeling of loneliness with his vocals.

It's the best blues song Zeppelin ever did.

It's the best blues song ANYONE ever did!

Incredible song. Utterly amazing how any band could get all that on tape...

I think when you consider the position the band was in at that point (tax exiles, singer in wheelchair, future uncertain, drink, drugs etc etc) this song sums it all up.

It's a very "painful" song. Maybe the listener needs to experience isolation and loneliness before the song really hits home?

It's an absolute masterpiece in my opinion.

No - I love the song immensely and Presence is one of my favorite, if not favorite Zep albums.

Zep in the moment. Yes, T41 it is SIBLY revisited. We know that, don't we. What's a pity is that some people think it's wasted time revisiting a familiar theme and putting a new spin or twist on it. Or simply taking it to its comfortable space. Tea for One takes SIBLY home.

Zep in the moment. Yes, T41 it is SIBLY revisited. We know that, don't we. What's a pity is that some people think it's wasted time revisiting a familiar theme and putting a new spin or twist on it. Or simply taking it to its comfortable space. Tea for One takes SIBLY home.

I totally agree, and--Ev! :o You're here! Welcome back!! :kiss::wave:

Hey Ev, nice to see you again. :wave:

:yesnod:

Ev!!!!!!! :cheer::wave::D

Archived