What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

sadly my father - in - law passed away today...

These must be dark days indeed for your wife. My sympathies for her heartbreak...and yours.

Sympathy for Andy the Panther, as well. Friends since 3? That's incredible...I haven't a clue where any of my pals from that age are. Not sure I'd want to, hehe.

Has the funeral already occurred? Can/will you attend?

These must be dark days indeed for your wife. My sympathies for her heartbreak...and yours.

Sympathy for Andy the Panther, as well. Friends since 3? That's incredible...I haven't a clue where any of my pals from that age are. Not sure I'd want to, hehe.

Has the funeral already occurred? Can/will you attend?

Thank you Strider, slave, chillumpuffer, Pagefan55, and geekfreak. 19810824_zps11c2f369.jpg

But yeah Strider. Since I was 3 and he was 4. My first friend ever.

We're in this pic at my 10th B-Day party. He's the one looking away from the camera. I didn't realize how many people wore blue shoes in '81.

Geekfreak, I sure do feel for you and your good wife and family. Please accept my sincerest condolences. It sure isn't easy with a void in your heart. I'm glad she has someone strong that loves her so. For what it's worth y'all are in my thoughts, heart and prayers.

Thank you Strider, slave, chillumpuffer, Pagefan55, and geekfreak. 19810824_zps11c2f369.jpg

But yeah Strider. Since I was 3 and he was 4. My first friend ever.

We're in this pic at my 10th B-Day party. He's the one looking away from the camera. I didn't realize how many people wore blue shoes in '81.

Geekfreak, I sure do feel for you and your good wife and family. Please accept my sincerest condolences. It sure isn't easy with a void in your heart. I'm glad she has someone strong that loves her so. For what it's worth y'all are in my thoughts, heart and prayers.

Lovely photo there :)

I am really not looking forward to tomorrow morning as I have an appointment with some thing called "Steps to Success" in which I will be judged, criticized and made to look so small, all because I'm still out of work. Even the so called "title" sounds bogus to me...but if I do not attend, they will take my money off me (or what little of it) for about 26 weeks.

I will see if they might be a little impressed at the thought of me going back to college, either from studying Reiki and alternative remedies or I was thinking of doing something completely different like cake decorating, as my previous attempts at getting a job with having RA has been a smack in the face for me as employers do not want to know.

It's not that I am making excuses, far from that as I WANT to go back into work. I miss not having a job and as far as I remember from my last job interview last winter, the interview was great (it was in a factory in which I have experience in) but when I disclosed that I had RA at the end of the interview, the air went frosty and the interviewer didn't want to know. In fact I do remember him asking me was I a bit unsure about disclosing what I have during a job interview, which made me feel uncomfortable but I stated to him that I prefer being upfront and honest from day 1 about what I have, rather than employers finding out a few months down the line.

I'm gonna need all the luck and whoever is looking down on me for tomorrow. I will be bringing some tissues as I'm feeling a tad emotionally off balance at the moment so I can only guess there might be tears, literally.

I am really not looking forward to tomorrow morning as I have an appointment with some thing called "Steps to Success" in which I will be judged, criticized and made to look so small, all because I'm still out of work. Even the so called "title" sounds bogus to me...but if I do not attend, they will take my money off me (or what little of it) for about 26 weeks.

I will see if they might be a little impressed at the thought of me going back to college, either from studying Reiki and alternative remedies or I was thinking of doing something completely different like cake decorating, as my previous attempts at getting a job with having RA has been a smack in the face for me as employers do not want to know.

It's not that I am making excuses, far from that as I WANT to go back into work. I miss not having a job and as far as I remember from my last job interview last winter, the interview was great (it was in a factory in which I have experience in) but when I disclosed that I had RA at the end of the interview, the air went frosty and the interviewer didn't want to know. In fact I do remember him asking me was I a bit unsure about disclosing what I have during a job interview, which made me feel uncomfortable but I stated to him that I prefer being upfront and honest from day 1 about what I have, rather than employers finding out a few months down the line.

I'm gonna need all the luck and whoever is looking down on me for tomorrow. I will be bringing some tissues as I'm feeling a tad emotionally off balance at the moment so I can only guess there might be tears, literally.

That's a heavy burden you're carrying around, young lady. I can only hope you have a good friend around to lean on and give you an outlet to vent your frustrations. I imagine archery serves as another release for you when times are tough.

You're in Ireland, right? Sounds like the employment situation over there is pretty grim. Like CP, I'm sending positive sunny vibes from California your way, SozoZoso. :peace:

Edited by Strider

Doctors told me that my rheumatoid arthritis factor has become active again. Before this it had settled to the point of where I thought that my illness had become semi remission....now it has started again.

I think the cause of it was all the stress of the death in the family, work woes etc and just when I thought it was nice to be feeling "normal" again....ah well, sods law I suppose.

Edited by SozoZoso

I do not always visit this topic, but when I do, I read about people loosing loved ones.

I wish those who lost a loved all the strength they need..........

Off course, I wish everyone who is is not going through the best of times all the strength and positivity to make

things better.

Everyone, take care,

Maaike

Edited by Maaike Roeleveld

• 4 weeks later...

My father was diagnosed with lung cancer last month. Feeling very alone and miserable, even suicidal at times. The hardest thing is knowing the people who claim to love me care less, if any at all, than those who never claimed to love me or care about me before.

It's time I come to the realization that if people who 'love' me don't care about me when I need them most, they never will.

• 3 weeks later...

Two lowlife arseholes (male and female) attempted to mug and then assaulted my daughter on the train between St Marys and Doonside yesterday.
Karma is a bitch that'll bite you on the arse and you'll get yours one day.
She spent most of today in hospital but apart from some bumps and bruises she's ok.
Tough as teak!

Reggie, I wished I could have been there to clobber those two sad sacks of shite. Best of health to your daughter...lucky it was only bumps and bruises.

Sad today because a friend found out today her beloved dog has cancer and has to put it down this week.

That...and the usual muslim assholes terrorizing the world, on this particular day Paris.

• 2 weeks later...

Two lowlife arseholes (male and female) attempted to mug and then assaulted my daughter on the train between St Marys and Doonside yesterday.

Karma is a bitch that'll bite you on the arse and you'll get yours one day.

She spent most of today in hospital but apart from some bumps and bruises she's ok.

Tough as teak!

Sorry to read this, Reggie. Hope she's doing alright and they catch the scumbags!

This may sound extreme (or probably racist or Politically Incorrect or whatever) (quite frankly I just don't care anymore, because I am so sick of all the ugliness in the world of late!) but all these so-called radicalized Muslims (or any Muslim with so much as an inkling towards radicalization) , irrespective of whether they were born in the Western country their parents immigrated to or whether they were refugees, need to be deported back to where they came from! This might take decades but I think it's time given how these people are trying to turn every Western country into a fuckin' Islamic republic! I mean they immigrate, take advantage of Western hospitality and then they just couldn't give a shit about making a sincere attempt to assimilate themselves into society!

If this post gets me into trouble, then so be it!

Edited by Emily008

This may sound extreme (or probably racist or Politically Incorrect or whatever) (quite frankly I just don't care anymore, because I am so sick of all the ugliness in the world of late!) but all these so-called radicalized Muslims (or any Muslim with so much as an inkling towards radicalization) , irrespective of whether they were born in the Western country their parents immigrated to or whether they were refugees, need to be deported back to where they came from! This might take decades but I think it's time given how these people are trying to turn every Western country into a fuckin' Islamic republic! I mean they immigrate, take advantage of Western hospitality and then they just couldn't give a shit about making a sincere attempt to assimilate themselves into society!

I agree. My impression -- right or wrong -- is that the super-rich/powerful people who control this world want the Muslims in Western Europe (and America) for economic reasons. These people couldn't care less about how this influx of foreigners affects Western culture or the "little people."

Nothing racist about your views, IMHO! I think it is high time that a tough stance is adopted to flush out these extremist pricks! It's like a disease which needs curtailing, ASAP! I in fact, read an article wherein the Home Office has been trying to deport a terrorist with a wife and family in the UK, for the past 6 years! This son-of-a-bitch had links to the recent Paris attacks and has had the audacity to make use of the Human Rights act, by stating that deportation violates his basic human rights, since it will prevent him from having a normal family life in the UK! Honestly, the minute one engages in barbaric acts like rape, mass killing or any forms of violence towards others, they cease to be human beings. In fact, wild animals seem more civilized! So essentially, the Human Rights act cannot possibly apply to the scum of the earth!