Michael Jackson in hospital

longdistancewinner

You have the right to say something doesn't always make it appropriate to say it.

Hello Fellow Zep Fans,

I went through this entire post and debated on whether to even post anything. WE represent Led Zeppelin and their music. The respect that I have for this band and peoples perception of those of us that love them matters to me.The MUSIC and reputation of that music is the most important.

Michael jackson was the 80's icon just as Zeppelin was the 70's icon. He left an amazing legacy to music and music video's. It is not my place to judge him as I am not God. I am sad that we lost such talent in the MUSIC industry. People said a lot of negative things about our boys that were uncalled for back in the day.

I myself want to prove that Zeppelin fans are good people who really enjoy discussing the talent. We are better than this!!!!!

My thoughts go out to his family and may his music live on.

You have the right to say something doesn't always make it appropriate to say it.

Whats inappropriate to suggest that he might have taken his own life and that for doing so he's a selfish wotsit................ Do you know anyone who has lost someone to suicide.. do you know how they feel ? I knew someone who's father hanged himself and his reaction was absolute anger that just because he was having a difficult time he took the option to end his life with no consideration of the consequences of his actions.... The loved ones he left behind... the mess he left for his family to clear up...... i could go on.........

Well i'm sorry you feel that way i have my opinions and you have yours............As for my screen name it's meant to be a joke.... a play on the Zep 2 track Moby Dick..... John Thomas if you did'nt know is another name for..... well guess.... i thought it was pretty obvious ... i thought most people woul get the joke...............And as this is a debating forum i put forward my thoughts on this matter....... I think that this is a case of suicide..... Or at least a heart attack caused by an overdose.

Hi 'johnthomasmoby'

Please dont feel sorry for me for feeling thay your post as well as others was misplaced, you should have read my second paragraph more closely, please do so now and you will see that it makes a lot of sense.

I see that you think little of my knowledge of Led Zeppelin in General and my skill of interpretating jokes in Particular, or this maybe just your way of ducking out of the fact that you have made a "Boo Boo" and are using my "lack" of a "Good Sense of Humor" as your excuse for your own bad taste on posting in this Topic.

You of course have the right to post your opinions, as do us all, but it is my opinion and many others is that it is misplaced in this Topic, please start another one where people of bad taste like your dear self, Steve A Jones, Electrophile and any others that wish to attack the memory of Michael Jackson can do so without the need for us "Civilised" posters to have to be subjected to your type of Misplaced Humor.

Kind Regards and Good Day to you Sir, Danny

PS. I am not a Michael Jackson fan, and have no axe to grind with any person that i have mentioned, this is about the bad taste in posting by some of the forum members, who should know better, in my opinion.

PPS. A written apology from all concerned wouldnt go amiss here.

Cool that some people here can judge a person they have never ever met and never ever spoken to. Neither has any of the posters here ever been harmed by MJ.....ain't it?

(If anyone here has ever been harmed by him....be my guest and throw the first stone, else shut the fuck up)

Just like Vega said in post 175,

today is just between him and his Creator.

We are not here to judge the dead, that is up to other forces.

Whats inappropriate to suggest that he might have taken his own life and that for doing so he's a selfish wotsit................ Do you know anyone who has lost someone to suicide.. do you know how they feel ? I knew someone who's father hanged himself and his reaction was absolute anger that just because he was having a difficult time he took the option to end his life with no consideration of the consequences of his actions.... The loved ones he left behind... the mess he left for his family to clear up...... i could go on.........
off course you could, Mr. Troll, darling. Don't Feed the Trolls

It could have been an accidental overdose too and besides the pills didn't cause his death it was cardiac arrest if I recall.

Forget all that other shite, think of his family and the enjoyment his music gave to the world.

Hi 'johnthomasmoby'

Please dont feel sorry for me for feeling thay your post as well as others was misplaced, you should have read my second paragraph more closely, please do so now and you will see that it makes a lot of sense.

I see that you think little of my knowledge of Led Zeppelin in General and my skill of interpretating jokes in Particular, or this maybe just your way of ducking out of the fact that you have made a "Boo Boo" and are using my "lack" of a "Good Sense of Humor" as your excuse for your own bad taste on posting in this Topic.

You of course have the right to post your opinions, as do us all, but it is my opinion and many others is that it is misplaced in this Topic, please start another one where people of bad taste like your dear self, Steve A Jones, Electrophile and any others that wish to attack the memory of Michael Jackson can do so without the need for us "Civilised" posters to have to be subjected to your type of Misplaced Humor.

Kind Regards and Good Day to you Sir, Danny

PS. I am not a Michael Jackson fan, and have no axe to grind with any person that i have mentioned, this is about the bad taste in posting by some of the forum members, who should know better, in my opinion.

PSS. A written apology from all concerned wouldnt go amiss here.

I don't see any bad taste ..... just different opinions...... like i said this is the free world, where folk have the right to express what they feel with no recourse to anyone...... providing of course those remarks are not slander or libel...............So Dan please accept my apology for not apologising. Kind regards and a good day to you too sir. yours... J.T.M.

It could have been an accidental overdose too and besides the pills didn't cause his death it was cardiac arrest if I recall.

Forget all that other shite, think of his family and the enjoyment his music gave to the world.

According to TMZ, MJ's doctor is currently 'missing in action'.

'We've learned law enforcement is looking for a doctor who lived at Michael Jackson's home -- and the doctor is nowhere to be found.

Law enforcement sources tell us a BMW belonging to the doctor was towed from Jackson's home last night.

Cops are looking to interview the doc.

A law enforcement source says the doctor gave Jackson an injection before he died.

Jackson reportedly may have OD'd on Demerol. As we first reported, family members were concerned that Jackson was taking too much morphine.'

TMZ

This is awful, if it's true.

According to TMZ, MJ's doctor is currently 'missing in action'.

'We've learned law enforcement is looking for a doctor who lived at Michael Jackson's home -- and the doctor is nowhere to be found.

Law enforcement sources tell us a BMW belonging to the doctor was towed from Jackson's home last night.

Cops are looking to interview the doc.

A law enforcement source says the doctor gave Jackson an injection before he died.

Jackson reportedly may have OD'd on Demerol. As we first reported, family members were concerned that Jackson was taking too much morphine.'

TMZ

This is awful, if it's true.

You are right, this IS awful, and it really looks like it's true. All kinds of disturbing info on the case. :(

I don't see any bad taste ..... just different opinions...... like i said this is the free world, where folk have the right to express what they feel with no recourse to anyone...... providing of course those remarks are not slander or libel...............So Dan please accept my apology for not apologising. Kind regards and a good day to you too sir. yours... J.T.M.

Hi 'johnthomasmoby'

OK, apology accepted, i just think that this Topic was not the right or decent way of doing it, just remember that we are all judged by our own actions by everyone concerned, i was just giving you a decent way out, and you refused, so be it, its now over as far as i'm concerned.

Regards, Danny

This idiot on CNN is comparing him to Princess Diana. Don't you associate Michael Jackson with that great lady. That's an insult to her memory.

Diana was only a woman who married into Royalty, not a saint.

Michael's death is just as sad and having just as much of an impact.

I stayed away from this place because I knew what kind of comments this man - never found guilty of ANYTHING - and his death would attract.

I wish I had been wrong.

Rest in Peace, your gentle spirit will not be forgotten.

*edited for TYPOS"

Sir Elton John has issued a press release announcing he shall record a tribute to Michael Jackson as he did for Princess Diana. Oh Let Your Son Go Down On Me is expected in stores next week:

I can't light no more of your darkness

And my skin seems to change from black to white

I'm growing tired and time stands still before me

Frozen here on the ladder of my life

Too late to save myself from falling

I took a chance and changed your way of life

But you misread my meaning when I met you

Closed the door and left me blinded by the light

Oh, let your son go down on me

Although I search myself, it's always someone else I see

I'd just allow a fragment of your life to wander free

But losing everything is worth your son going down on me

I can't find, oh the right romantic line

But see me once and see the way I feel

Don't discard me just because you think I mean you harm

But these cuts I have they need love to help them heal

(repeat chorus)

Completely sickening and utterly pathetic.

I hope someone mocks your death in the same way.

"They'll ruin your reputation....they'll label you a flirt ! The way they talk about you....they'll turn your name to dirt" Always thought it was by far the Jacksons best tune...Stop the Love You Save

They were just mentioning on XM that when the Jackson 5 signed with Motown in 1968, the family as a whole received only 2% of the profits from record sales. In 1975, they left Motown for a 20% take. They made more money from "Dancing Machine" than all of the other singles combined.

Yesterday's news about MJ was sad, but it definitely seems to evoked some mixed emotions. A few hours having passed of media saturation and I realized that people were primarily mourning the death of the 1983 version of Michael. The gloved one, whose greatest eccentricity was a chimp he carried around with him. The Michael of that era had oddities, but they were overshadowed by outlandish success in concert and at the record store.

Then there is the other Michael. The modern day version. I don't need to go into details, suffice it to say his peculiarities provoked far more attention that any recent musical effort.

The old Michael, the one people were remembering, left the building a long long time ago. It was like mourning long delayed.

I'm mourning Michael Jackson right up to 2009 and so is everyone I know. We have brains too.

Hmm, OK. I don't really think I disparaged anyone's intelligence with my post, but alright. :mellow:

BTW, I wonder why there seem to be so many more MJ fans today than a week ago, when he was regarded by many people as someone who was at best an oddball, and at worst a danger to children. It's because people are remembering the old version of him who was incredibly popular, that's my point.

Completely sickening and utterly pathetic.

I hope someone mocks your death in the same way.

I don`t think any would care about Steve A-hole `s Bones

Fe-fe-fi-fi-fo-fo fum

What a dip shit Englishman

Archived