R.I.P. BONZO

slave to zep

Last night I went to the Enmore and saw this concert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdKhNlVRrK0

They played an unsaid tribute to Bonzo with Moby Dick which featured a medley of his trademark "riffs".

Starting with the familiar guitar and the obligatory drum solo, the instrumental included short pieces like Rock 'n' Roll, D'yer Maker, The Ocean and When The Levee Breaks to name a few.

I was 11 when we lost Bonzo. R.I.P.

My sympathies to his remaining family and the rest of the band.

Thank you Bonzo for putting some "balls" into drumming.

There are many many drummers who have come before and

after but they sound like they are "playing on notebooks".

I HATE that wimpy dead sounding bullshitsky to put it nice.

You brought out the cannons and I thank you for that.

To add to one other post.........

"on percussion, John Henry Bonham, over the top-top-top-TOP-TOP-TOP-TOP-TOP-TOP-TOP"

Try to think of not only Moby Dick and Pat's Delight, and some of the after mentioned tunes but also, The Wanton Song and the live version of The Immigrant Song.

Aye yie yie! How did I forget " Fool In The Rain" ? What a clasic shuffle!! This separates most of us "bashers" (yes, I admit my heavy hands overshine my lesser mastered technique) from The Master. Most and I stress, MOST Bonham copy cats get his "ONE, TWO bass drum and snare beats down but they/we cannot reproduce his almost silent lesser known technique on the snare. gotta try to hear it! Tea For One has a lot of this technique in a easier to hear forum.

peace!

Popeye

I was on my way back from dropping off some guy's I was jamming with when we heard about 4 Led Zeppelin song's in a row on the radio. We all said cool, "must be a super set!" Then the DJ comes on for just a moment to deliver the new's before going right back into more Led Zeppelin music. I almost pulled the car over to pause but we just kept riding on, all of us stunned over the tragedy that had been announced to me and most of the guys who I was growing and learning to play music with.

I turned 16 a month before, and only had been playing drums for the better part of two years, had not yet discovered the joy of the guitar. So much was in front of me and the musical goal's I was striding to achieve and now, one of my top influence's was dead! My band (and me) was at that time just starting to explore their music and it was now gone forever!

Just the stuff that was already on tape/record was left to reflect on!

I'm always working on furthering my gift of ability for rhythm and verse and have not, will not give up! It would have been nice to have had a drum chat with Bonzo!

I have done the next best thing, in getting to meet Jason a while back.

:drumz:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Bonham

I was on my way back from dropping off some guy's I was jamming with when we heard about 4 Led Zeppelin song's in a row on the radio. We all said cool, "must be a super set!" Then the DJ comes on for just a moment to deliver the new's before going right back into more Led Zeppelin music. I almost pulled the car over to pause but we just kept riding on, all of us stunned over the tragedy that had been announced to me and most of the guys who I was growing and learning to play music with.

I turned 16 a month before, and only had been playing drums for the better part of two years, had not yet discovered the joy of the guitar. So much was in front of me and the musical goal's I was striding to achieve and now, one of my top influence's was dead! My band (and me) was at that time just starting to explore their music and it was now gone forever!

Just the stuff that was already on tape/record was left to reflect on!

I'm always working on furthering my gift of ability for rhythm and verse and have not, will not give up! It would have been nice to have had a drum chat with Bonzo!

I have done the next best thing, in getting to meet Jason a while back.

:drumz:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Bonham

...that is a very sweet and sensitive memory, there are so many fans of that generation and new ones who would love to meet him, just once...

I too should have revealed condition of my heart

...but when he bid farewell then I remembered

In the shade of flowers, we sat and cried lot

when we remembered, him.....

Bonzo you are wildly beautiful as the Rose of Kashmir itself

258520709_da16144837.jpg

JOHN HENRY 'BONZO' BONHAM

The Greatest Rock Drummer -- Ever

My appreciation of the Heart & Soul of Led Zeppelin grows more, with the remembrance of his Eternal Contributions to the World's Greatest Rock'n'Roll band.

r.i.p. john

Archived