What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

March 22, 1973 - Essen -- A day late.  Just about as good to my ears as the seemingly more popular Hamburg and Offenburg shows it's sandwiched between.  Dazed clocks in at 30:45 and is very creative.  Jimmy's solo on SIBLY is HOT!

Listened to Florida Sunshine on Sat night around a fire in the backyard (1971.08.31). The Dazed and Confused was ridiculous (trippy as f...)

I really need to put together a "out there" play list....

Any suggestions for an hour or so (hour 30 at most) playlist to blow ones mind when in a proper deep relaxed state??

I'm thinking another Dazed, a No Quarter, OTHAFA (but which ones???) and maybe a 1973 SIBLY with that incredible emotion.

7 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Listened to Florida Sunshine on Sat night around a fire in the backyard (1971.08.31). The Dazed and Confused was ridiculous (trippy as f...)

I really need to put together a "out there" play list....

Any suggestions for an hour or so (hour 30 at most) playlist to blow ones mind when in a proper deep relaxed state??

I'm thinking another Dazed, a No Quarter, OTHAFA (but which ones???) and maybe a 1973 SIBLY with that incredible emotion.

I'd recommend:

No Quarter from 3/12/75 - Jones does this cool little keyboard solo before playing the main theme that I haven't heard him do anywhere else. Plus, the bass heavy recording gives off this really dark, creepy vibe that I love. Very appropriate for a song like this!

Dazed from 3/21/75 - the interlude with For What It's Worth is very haunting and ethereal. Plus, unlike most '75 versions, this one doesn't drag at any point.

OTHAFA from 6/22/77 - Jimmy's best solo for this song, imo. Very spacey and trippy!

SIBLY from TSRTS - cliched, I know, but it's incredible nonetheless (even though it is spliced).

13 hours ago, ZepHead315 said:

I'd recommend:

No Quarter from 3/12/75 - Jones does this cool little keyboard solo before playing the main theme that I haven't heard him do anywhere else. Plus, the bass heavy recording gives off this really dark, creepy vibe that I love. Very appropriate for a song like this!

Dazed from 3/21/75 - the interlude with For What It's Worth is very haunting and ethereal. Plus, unlike most '75 versions, this one doesn't drag at any point.

OTHAFA from 6/22/77 - Jimmy's best solo for this song, imo. Very spacey and trippy!

SIBLY from TSRTS - cliched, I know, but it's incredible nonetheless (even though it is spliced).

Cheers. I do like the 16/03/73 SIBLY (Vienna) Conny has it on youtube with an outstanding visual applied as well. The lead in is intense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce7UMcgBSrw

On March 27, 2017 at 1:59 PM, paul carruthers said:

Easily one of my top 5 No Quarters. And the best one I have on video, unless a more complete version of 7/27-29/73 comes out (with more footage and less fantasy scenes).

Isn't it just so perfect for the last live version? So fitting with that unique groove they do, unique to this version.

Edited by Dirty Work

The remastered TSRTS has been on for some time and I've been listening to recordings from the 28th and 29th.

i understand the Frankenstein job on no quarter a lot better and can see why  plantations were omitted. However although the sound is stunning it just doesn't flow like a live gig.