JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

Love it! He's as thin as a pick tho, looks like '79 JP to moi.

I agree. It looks around the time of Knebworth. The caption should be "The day I was officially too skinny for my jeans." tongue.gif

I love the song snippet. The prospect of a full song excites me.

Edited by MissMelanie

I agree. It looks around the time of Knebworth. The caption should be "The day I was officially too skinny for my jeans." tongue.gif

I love the song snippet. The prospect of a full song excites me.

Me too. It would make perfect sense. My first guess was '79. Thought I would put the song here.. offically. :D

Sorry ledzepfilm and LedZep342, that is NOT 1973...not even close.

Looks like 1978-79 era Jimmy to me...and considering the date and caption, 1979 makes perfect sense.

Agreed; leaning heavily towards 1979 on account of the caption "A Day Off" (August 12th being the first he one had following their climactic second 1979 Knebworth Festival performance). Additionally the shirt he's wearing in that shot is consistent with men's fashion for Summer 1979.

Edited by SteveAJones

I really like that picture! Check out his style. Great, sharp looking shirt, cool collar. Great body frame to wear good clothes. Good music to go with it.

The young Jimmy was just excellent. What a sense of style! For me, he had wonderful style and presentation until around 1984.

That was well done.

I really like that picture! Check out his style. Great, sharp looking shirt, cool collar. Great body frame to wear good clothes. Good music to go with it.

The young Jimmy was just excellent. What a sense of style! For me, he had wonderful style and presentation until around 1984.

That was well done.

I think he always had wonderful style all the way through. Even his Hawiian shirt and white scarf from the The Firm. He dresses like no one else. I love that about him too. :D

The face gives it away for me. There was a marked change to his facial features from '77 on. That along with SAJ's summer fashion note seals it for me - '79.

And yes, I know why his face changed during that long layoff in '76. No need to go there.....

The face gives it away for me. There was a marked change to his facial features from '77 on. That along with SAJ's summer fashion note seals it for me - '79.

And yes, I know why his face changed during that long layoff in '76. No need to go there.....

Why, cause he was taking drugs?

Why, cause he was taking drugs?

Mmmmm...one can say that.

His nose becomes very prominent on his face and that he becomes a walking skeleton. I will just leave it at that.

I hate looking at photos from this time in his life because he visibly was not taking care of himself.