BEST TUNE OF THE NIGHT?

I loved "Stairway to Heaven" because it's my favorite sondg and they havent played it as a band since Bonzo died. Jimmy played it on the ARMS tour and Plant wouldn't sing it. so I think STH made everyones night because it was a surprise and it was a doubt.

they also nailed "Kashmir." they put all their songs in their place if you know what I mean.

Actually they did do it at their first two reunions (Live Aid and 40th Anni. at MSG)....to be honest, STH was the ONLY song I was a tiny bit let down by...the solo is usually one of Page's most emotional and I didn't get that tingle that I got from the ARMS/Outrider version....no cool little into to the solo either...I still LOVED it but it was the only song I was kinda like :mellow: ....BUT then Page kicked me int the teeth and went into my second fave song TSRTS.....that was SICK...maybe my fave moment because there was little pause in the crowd of like wow....that was STH.....it kinda got quiet for a few seconds..and then Page hit the opening chord to TSRTS and I started jumping up and down (and stepped on some dude's foot B) )....hard to pick the best tune....Trampled Underfoot is my all-time fave esp. live so probably that or IMTOD or NO....Dazed was amazing...even FYL....oh yeah, everybody is right...KASHMIR WAS AMAZING....I really want to hear it again on cd!!!!

Thats difficult one, For your Life rocked, The middle section of DaC with the bow was bloody freaky/awesome/scary and out of this world !! I thought my eyes would explode with oh so wonderful noise !! But It was Kashmir that really tore the house down and it having a 5 min ovation said it all !! The floor was shaking from the kashmir riff !!..God it was good !!

For me it was definitely Dazed and Confused.

That bow solo...absolutely blew me away. Like I said in my review, I've spent years now watching and listening to live versions of that and being in absolute awe, but that is NOTHING compared to hearing it in an arena like that. Absolutely mindblowing. Never heard anything like it in my life.

From what I saw KASHMIR hands down.

Robert really hit there man.

And for the first time he acted super excited (though it is hard to tell not being Close).

I think he stretched his voice there. So, maybe Not something he could do night after night.

But it was soooo incredible. They looked very pleased.

Rock and Roll.

Funny Roberts part : Lonlely, lonely, lonely, lonely.....forever.

Then he THROWS down the fuckin mike....like that was it people!

:lol: I love you Robert :wub:

'Stairway To Heaven' was just weird. I really got the impression that a lot of people in the crowd (including me) really didn't want them to play it. They didn't need to, and it was very subdued and no particular roar from the crowd at the start I felt.

I think that part of it may be that Zeppelin's mystique or aura has always been it was a band for it's fans - Stairway was really the only song of Zeppelin which was embraced by a broader audience who are not necessarily Zeppelin fans. In a way, I suppose, "Stairway" is a song which is the 'hit single' song which became commercial, while the rest of the Zeppelin catalog is OURS - the fan's. No jumping on the bandwagon...no "oh my god it's stairway", because a real fan goes "oh my god it's XYZ" for every song Zeppelin plays. so in a way, Stairway is a song that true fans don't need to hear to feel satisfied at a Zeppelin gig, because there are so many other songs which are as good or better.

Having gone through a multitude of YT clips of the concert, all I can say is that there is little to criticize about it. What really stunned me was how Dazed sounded, at times like it was being piped straight from 1973. Kashmir was solid and sounded remarkably fresh, and No Quarter was especially beautiful. The only disappointment was the STH solo, which was peculiarly short. I know a lot of other die hard Zep fans think that STH is overrated in comparison to their other material, but Stairway has always been special to me. Maybe playing it seemed like more of an obligation to Robert than a passion, and Page was urged to be brief.

From the clips, i couldnt pick a favorite, it really seemed like rounded out show. I see that -kashmir was awesome on the clip, but still really liked the rock songs like -gt/bt and mmh. I don't know, i wasnt there, but from the clips can say that the screen effects of mmh and trampled were really cool. I think that tv intro for the show into gt/bt was an interesting thing also...no buildup with strings/percussion music like page and plant...was sort of the tv-unknown thing and bambam...good times, bad times.

KASHMIR :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

When Robert sang "Let Me Take You There" it was too late I was there all day "to sit with Elders of a gentle race this world has seldom seen" "they talk of days for which they sit and wait, when all will be revealed"

A true Rock Band was revealed during Kashmir !!!!!!!

RjK

"I Want To Know What Love Is" by Foreigner was enough for me.

Mick Jones with his sticky-up hair, a singer urging us all to "yeah, sing it for me people, yeah c'mon" and a children's choir who looked as baffled as the rest of us.

Wonderful stuff. I wept openly and didn't stay for the rest of the show lest it tanish the magic.

:D:D:D

has anyone mentioned when Page broke out the slide for the solo during Trampled? He depressed the wah and ran the slide all the way up the guitar and it was ferocious! That was a high point for me cause it was so unexpected --- i mean all of Trampled was awesome.

FACT is though, Kashmir was the tightest and best performed song of the night. Honorable mention goes to TSRTS (for me the most enjoyable song) and Trampled.

Shit, the whole fucking show was amazing though

Kashmir was definetly the most powerful, monstrous achievement live ever

IMTOD moved me to tears....most of the show did this anyway!!! Deep and dirty and raw.....

Nobody's Fault was note on perfect......

STH was dissapointing and I actually hoped they wouldn't do it because you should never mess with perfection and the guitar solo one off in the studio that Jimmy pulled off was and IS the standard every guitar player dreams of ..................

What a night....please don't be the end......................

In My Time of Dying

Spine tingling & Awe inspiring. The group came alive with that song and I was suddenly aware with why so many people have put this group as the best live rock act of all time. No one can touch this band live or even get remotely close.

For me it was definitely Dazed and Confused.

That bow solo...absolutely blew me away. Like I said in my review, I've spent years now watching and listening to live versions of that and being in absolute awe, but that is NOTHING compared to hearing it in an arena like that. Absolutely mindblowing. Never heard anything like it in my life.

Hey chicken! I felt the exact same way, D & C Blew me away also..Jimmy is not from this world.

I'm with the IMTOD/FYL folks. I think these songs were performed the most flawlessly and if I were the band, would use these two songs as the radio single for the gig. The sound levels were well balanced at this point in the show. Can't get enough of Page's feel for the slide. Robert's vocal risks are heroic.

The rhythm section has successfully reduced Page and Plant to a mere 50% of the band. This is useful when Page and Plant drop the ball; Jones and Bonham fill the would be awkward missteps with confident bombast. The only rolling your eyes bad moment of this gig was when Jimmy and Jase lost each other on the fast part outro of DaC. Sad to watch them fail to provide Robert with the expected climax. Oh well.

All in all this gig does a lot of work toward exorcising bad demons, spirits, and ones that got away.

I'm enjoying the hell out of the slowdime and maia sources. thanks for taking a chance on taping the show!

I thought Jimmy's take on the SIBLY solo was very interesting. Started off slow, lots of feeling in those bends. Very different than the usual high speed blues we all are used to hearing him break into. I think he nailed the emotion of that song as well or better than he did in the '70s, even though his playing isn't like it was in '71-'73. A bit of a miss-step on the first few notes, but it turned out great.

Archived