Why DOESN'T Pagey Do Something?

Just read today,Jimmy is planning to release a new cd by the end of next year-2013. maybe with a number of different singers. It was a blog post on a local radio station WBAB 102.3 on long island,n.y. I would love to hear anything new from Jimmy!

I'm more interested on wether he'll invite JPJ/Plant for a track or to.

God forbid female vocalists on any songs aka Beijing check from Olympics.

maybe not that pop music type female vocalist. but there are some others he can maybe work with. i think robert might be open to it if it was something like an entirely new album with various artists working with page .

Just read today,Jimmy is planning to release a new cd by the end of next year-2013. maybe with a number of different singers. It was a blog post on a local radio station WBAB 102.3 on long island,n.y. I would love to hear anything new from Jimmy!

about a week ago or so back on a classic rock station in LA i heard them saying some stuff about Jimmy Page. i didn't hear much of it because i just tuned it but it seemed like they were talking about something he is doing. they might have just been talking about celebration day though. but they were specifically mentioning Page so it might have been the same thing you heard.

As the OP of this thread, I have to say I hope Pagey does something! ANYTHING! Instrumental would be awesome.

I think Dallas Knebs has it right that the bar has been set so high, the pressure must be incredible on him.

I also think he doesn't like playing to small crowds, just my thought.

I thought the Coverdale Page stuff was the best work he has done out of Zep.

Did I see Jeff beck and Clapton were touring together? Why not invite Pagey along, you'd sell out all over!

Actually Jimmy has done "new" stuff.

1. the Death Wish 2 soundtrack re-release

2. the Lucifer Rising soundtrack

I would say no the Robert Plant inquiry

The touring question is debatable upon several categories, the first being why.

The well is not dry

These are new days for Senor Page, ahem, website material

James Patrick Page has never taken a chance. His entire career has been carefully thought out and wisely constructed to benefit himself first, then others. There is nothing wrong with that. That is called good business. That is not debatable for him, it might be debatable for the fans.

Don't forget the Firm, his Outrider solo album (who was that drummer? Jason ummm...), as well as Coverdale/Page too

There is an interesting article in this weekends "Sunday Times" with Peter Mensch who is Jimmy Pages manager. The interviewer is discussing their (Mr & Mrs Mensch) move to the US. "It later comes up in a taxi heading to a West London studio where Page is remastering every Led Zeppelin LP". I thought he had already re mastered all the albums for the CD market? One can only hope, or assume, these will be for the vinyl market, a format I have re introduced myself to over the last week or so

There is an interesting article in this weekends "Sunday Times" with Peter Mensch who is Jimmy Pages manager. The interviewer is discussing their (Mr & Mrs Mensch) move to the US. "It later comes up in a taxi heading to a West London studio where Page is remastering every Led Zeppelin LP". I thought he had already re mastered all the albums for the CD market? One can only hope, or assume, these will be for the vinyl market, a format I have re introduced myself to over the last week or so

Nearly three years ago Jimmy stated he wanted to revisit the digital transfers of the tapes. Remastered vinyl releases are possible, the release of new cd box sets for each album in 2013 has been confirmed.

Nearly three years ago Jimmy stated he wanted to revisit the digital transfers of the tapes. Remastered vinyl releases are possible, the release of new cd box sets for each album in 2013 has been confirmed.

Do we know if this is the multitracks or the stereo masters?

Only asking because if the multi's are transferred there's the possibility of alternate mixes being included in the box sets.

He's probably too busy performing sex-magick rituals over at Headley Grange to write any new material :P..

But in all seriousness, he doesn't need to do anything else, he's rolling in it already, and if he releases something new, there is always the chance it could ruin his "legacy".

Remastered vinyl release of all the albums is my dream. I just don't want him to sell them at $40 a pop.

• 2 weeks later...

Come on, how do you think they would have called themselves ? BODEGA : Bunch Of Dinosaurs Erecting Generously in an Advanced Age ?

Yes, we could never be sure. But if you take the best of what Page, Jones and Plant have produced in their solo outfits and mixed it together, it could be nothing less than spectacular. All is required is focus and vision.

According to Jason, there's at least a song on the last Black Country Communion studio record which originates from the aborted sessions held after the O2 reunion show : Save Me. Great song. The main riff is 100% Page, for sure.

Maybe Page should guest on the next BCC III if Robert doesn't want to be back with him. It could be awesome.

I'd really like to see Jimmy work with Jeff Martin, the singer of the Canadian Tea Party. It could perfectly gel together. They know each other via Roy Harper and the Tea Party had guested on a bunch of Page/Plant Canadian dates, I think.

According to Jason, there's at least a song on the last Black Country Communion studio record which originates from the aborted sessions held after the O2 reunion show : Save Me. Great song. The main riff is 100% Page, for sure.

Maybe Page should guest on the next BCC III if Robert doesn't want to be back with him. It could be awesome.

According to Jason in the Tight But Loose Zep fanzine interview ,he brought " Save Me " to the sessions with Chris Blackwell from a riff Chris Blackwell (who co-wrote Calling to you with plant )wrote.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After seeing page, edge and white play the weight at the end of It might get loud, it made me think of how page and rick danko could have made a great record together, acoustic, cover songs, whatever. As a fan it would be interesting to hear an instrumental album, but with the record industry the way it is and the need to sell alot of records/cds, page could do what santana did with guest vocalists. Any singer would jump at the chance to record a song with jimmy page. Then again with his website, he could record an instrumental album and release it through the website.