What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

hey dd...the spouse just got offered orders to coronado and am not too sure how i feel about it...i can't picture anything better than what we have here but our time is up...traffic, crime, ect... not sure i'm ready for all that and they want an answer asap...tell me something positive...

I have never been to Southern California (only been in the Disneyland/Anaheim area), but it has been at the top of my list of dream places to live. Find a nice house close to a nice beach and have the time of your life! I think Coronado looks lovely (or maybe Catalina Island?) Best to you wherever you go! and don't forget, vote for Obama :)

I have never been to Southern California (only been in the Disneyland/Anaheim area), but it has been at the top of my list of dream places to live. Find a nice house close to a nice beach and have the time of your life! I think Coronado looks lovely (or maybe Catalina Island?) Best to you wherever you go! and don't forget, vote for Obama :)

Hotel del Coronado - a great place to stay. Still heard it is haunted. Good food downtown Coronado and the Navy Seals run early in the morning on the beach.

I did a little shopping today:

2 pairs of jeans

1 microplush fleece blanket

1 small bag of Reese's miniature cups

some hematite bracelets

It's confirmed! we now know what your kryptonite is. B)

edited for spelling

Edited by Dzldoc

Well Marolyn.........you should go........ Coronado is great and San Diego has really been cleaned up since I was living there. Great mom and pop Mexican places..........I think that is what I miss the most besides the fishing! If you like ocean activities you can't go wrong. Hope you make the right choice...keep us up to date on what you decide.

Hotel del Coronado - a great place to stay. Still heard it is haunted. Good food downtown Coronado and the Navy Seals run early in the morning on the beach.

thanks guys...been researching all weekend and i'm starting to warm to the idea...i guess it could be worse...

...but i just want to stay here... :boohoo:

edited to add...sorry to rain on the "happy thread"

Edited by marolyn

It was an amazingly beautiful day today; blue sky and lots of fall foliage! I got a really nice walk in early this morning, threw the football with the kids for a while and tried out a brand new exercise video that totally kicked my butt. :veryhot::zzz:

thanks guys...been researching all weekend and i'm starting to warm to the idea...i guess it could be worse...

...but i just want to stay here... :boohoo:

edited to add...sorry to rain on the "happy thread"

On the bright side, housing prices have come down a lot. The median price is in the $300Ks now, compared to the $500Ks in 2005-6. Coronado might be a bit of a stretch, though, unless you're a millionaire. If you have any questions about the neighborhoods around here, I'd be happy to put in my 2 cents.

San Diego's not so bad, though. The only thing that really gets on my nerves is the traffic (and sometimes the people). No snow, though! Temperature's in the 70s right now, nice and sunny!

Actually Tangerine, that part of CA (Los Angeles) is also considered Southern Cal. Just thought would like to know.

On the bright side, housing prices have come down a lot. The median price is in the $300Ks now, compared to the $500Ks in 2005-6. Coronado might be a bit of a stretch, though, unless you're a millionaire. If you have any questions about the neighborhoods around here, I'd be happy to put in my 2 cents.

San Diego's not so bad, though. The only thing that really gets on my nerves is the traffic (and sometimes the people). No snow, though! Temperature's in the 70s right now, nice and sunny!

In jut one hour you can have snow if it's the cold type you are talking about. The other kind you can probably get a little quicker. :D

http://www.lagunamountain.com/Antigues.htm

Edited by Dancin'Days

In jut one hour you can have snow if it's the cold type you are talking about. The other kind you can probably get a little quicker. :D

http://www.lagunamountain.com/Antigues.htm

Ah, good old Laguna! I've been there a time or two in my youth. That was the first place/time I ever saw snow in real life - it was a big deal to me! Julian's a nice little spot in the mountains that gets snow, too...a little overrun on weekends, though, especially in fall.