The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

FUCK. FUCK. FUCK. 2020 just keeps getting worse. Fuck you, cancer.

Eddie Van Halen's loss will be felt by all music fans all over the world. But if you grew up in Southern California in the 1970s, this loss feels personal…like a family member has died. You had to be there to understand what Van Halen meant to us in the 1970s and early-1980s.

Rest In Peace, Edward Van Halen.

https://variety.com/2020/music/news/eddie-van-halen-dead-1234794641/

Whilst not being huge in the UK, I'll always remember going to 2 Rock Clubs in Manchester in the 70's. The Pheonix on a Friday and UMIST (University of Manchester Science and Technology) on a Saturday. They first played VH Eruption and You Really Got me and the place was stunned. WE had  never heard anything like it. RIP Eddie and thanks for that memory.

They also got kicked off Black Sabbath's 1978 world tour in the UK. No surprise there. Didn't someone post a recording of the Manchester show recently?

Also "I can clearly see clearly now " singer Johnny Nash has passed. 

22 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

Also "I can clearly see clearly now " singer Johnny Nash has passed. 

Oh no I absolutely love this song, rest in peace Johnny Nash 😰 Damn yesterday was shit.. 

Edited by Klape

They say these things happen in threes. Armelia McQueen. Eddie Van Halen. And now, Johnny Nash. R.I.P.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-54444297

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

Whilst not being huge in the UK, I'll always remember going to 2 Rock Clubs in Manchester in the 70's. The Pheonix on a Friday and UMIST (University of Manchester Science and Technology) on a Saturday. They first played VH Eruption and You Really Got me and the place was stunned. WE had  never heard anything like it. RIP Eddie and thanks for that memory.

They also got kicked off Black Sabbath's 1978 world tour in the UK. No surprise there. Didn't someone post a recording of the Manchester show recently?

Yes, I posted the Manchester show in the Van Halen group thread. You can find a lot of 1978, 1979, and 1980 UK and Europe shows on YouTube.

Edited by Strider

1 hour ago, Strider said:

They say these things happen in threes. Armelia McQueen. Eddie Van Halen. And now, Johnny Nash. R.I.P.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-54444297

Yes, I posted the Manchester show in the Van Halen group thread. You can find a lot of 1978, 1979, and 1980 UK and Europe shows on YouTube.

Thanks Sean. I trust all is well with you over there?

Too, too many deaths of late. Diana Rigg. Tom Seaver. Lou Brock. Gale Sayers. Bob Gibson. Eddie Van Halen. Johnny Nash. Now Whitey Ford and Joe Morgan. If you grew up in the 1960s and 1970s, your life keeps flashing before your eyes.

R.I.P. Gentlemen...and Lady. 😢

Edited by Strider

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Too, too many deaths of late. Diana Rigg. Tom Seaver. Lou Brock. Gale Sayers. Bob Gibson. Eddie Van Halen. Johnny Nash. Now Whitey Ford and Joe Morgan. If you grew up in the 1960s and 1970s, your life keeps flashing before your eyes.

R.I.P. Gentlemen...and Lady. 😢

One thing is certain... death (and taxes).

RIP to all who’ve passed this year (so far).

R😪