Top song off of Zeppelin II?  

483 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Zeppelin II song.....

• Whole Lotta Love
    • What Is and What Should Never Be
    • The Lemon Song
    • Thank You
    • Heartbreaker
    • Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman)
    • Ramble On
    • Moby Dick
    • Bring It On Home

• 2 weeks later...

God, should I narrow it down to ONE song? I voted Heartbreaker (it has just a glimpse of Jimmy's guitar mastery, and I love Robert's vocals on it), but I also love Whole Lotta Love and the Lemon Song (because they're both naughty and cheeky, haha!), Bring it On Home (very COOL riff) and Ramble On (WONDERFUL lyrics and very ...inspiring, hehe!!)

• 4 months later...

WLL because it's so recognizable, and such a classic. But IMO Heartbreaker could've been written within the last 10 years rather than the last 40! Really stood the test of time I think, and it also sounds great cranked up in the car. :)

I go with Jimmy on this one. The albums are statements unto themselves. Not just individual songs. You can't separate them.

Pick one? That depends on my mood. They all have that moment when that's the one song I want to hear. Forgive me for not voting.

I go with Jimmy on this one. The albums are statements unto themselves. Not just individual songs. You can't separate them.

Pick one? That depends on my mood. They all have that moment when that's the one song I want to hear. Forgive me for not voting.

I'm with you all the way on that Evs.

I voted Lemon Song...

Why? Because John Paul Jones is the fuckin man - thats why.

If we were talking radio airplay though, I would have voted for Heartbreaker/Living Loving Maid (She's Just a Woman) because, well, its a two-fer.., and any two Zeppelin tunes back-to-back is greater than any single Zeppelin tune you can put up against it.

Heartbreaker! Studio version is so raw and awesome! I think he actually did the "Hammer-on" solo better live sometimes. Nothing better than seeing him perform it live w/ his guitar over his head. Lemon Song is a close 2nd. I was just listening to it on 4-26 or 4-27-69 boot this morning. What a heavy song.

The song you're referring to on those boots is "Killing Floor", but I suppose I'm just being technical. Cool shit no matter what they call it.

• 1 month later...

I voted Whole Lotta Love and the reasons for my vote are:

1. the amazing riff

2. the sexy lyrics

3. Plant's vocal performance

4. the cool psychedelic section in the middle

5. the "you need love" scream in the end (it is the best scream ever :wub: )

it is simply a HOT track!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

BRING IT HOME TO ME BABAYY!! pages 2nd best riff behind kashmir imop.... absolutely phenomenal... 2nd on the album is the lemon song.. cracks me up each time.. long time agoooooooo!! plant sounds so great on this track.. but all of it is classic

• 2 weeks later...
I voted Whole Lotta Love and the reasons for my vote are:

1. the amazing riff

2. the sexy lyrics

3. Plant's vocal performance

4. the cool psychedelic section in the middle

5. the "you need love" scream in the end (it is the best scream ever :wub: )

it is simply a HOT track!!

I totally have to agree to that :goodpost: WLL is my fave song of all because of all you mentioned, and whenever I see it live and especially Robert singing it I'm like in trance :drool: :drool: :drool:

• 1 month later...

"Whole Lotta Love"

I just like the song. I've never heard anything like this before, the main riff, the solo, the structure of the song. The song itself is just great, superior, excellent. I don't really know how should I call it. I just love it.

Archived