FROM SOMEWHERE IN THE VOID OF CONSCIOUSNESS

Del Zeppnile

I really hope that you don't truly consider 21 to be "getting old".........

I'm turning 20 next tuesday (be sure to wish me a good one :lol: ) , and I feel (and fear) that I'm getting old. It's rediculous, and I'll realize that I was young when I'll be thirty or so... If 2012 doesn't fuck that up. ;)

It's good to know that the best years of my life are still ahead of me while I'm still living them.

I really hope that you don't truly consider 21 to be "getting old".........

No, not really; bad wording. I don't think I'm old now. I should have said: everything suddenly speeds up and that makes me a bit anxious.

No, not really; bad wording. I don't think I'm old now. I should have said: everything suddenly speeds up and that makes me a bit anxious.

You should be anxious. Seems like I was 21 just yesterday, and now I am staring at 50 right around the corner.

Life goes by very fast.

I'm turning 20 next tuesday (be sure to wish me a good one :lol: ) , and I feel (and fear) that I'm getting old. It's rediculous, and I'll realize that I was young when I'll be thirty or so... If 2012 doesn't fuck that up. ;)

It's good to know that the best years of my life are still ahead of me while I'm still living them.

Don't expect anything from me. You didn't get me nothing for my 20th! :(

fellow chicagoans...

my daughter met harlem globetrotter curly neal at school yesterday...she was selected to assist with his tricks and got an autograph...hope one of the teachers took a photo!!! what a great guy taking the time to hit norway on his mwr tour!!!

smiley-basketball.gif

Something weird happened to my computer earlier. I have a laptop and I was listening to my music (with it on my fat stomach) laying down, and nothing was going wrong and then the screen went black and the music stopped playing and had a "BZZT" sound. The computer was still on though, the power icon was still on, but the Wi-Fi light up wasn't, and I couldn't turn it off. So I took the battery out and left it out for a bit and let it cool down. Everything is still here thankfully, but I have NO clue what brought it on. Might've been overheating?

Anyone know?

Something weird happened to my computer earlier. I have a laptop and I was listening to my music (with it on my fat stomach) laying down, and nothing was going wrong and then the screen went black and the music stopped playing and had a "BZZT" sound. The computer was still on though, the power icon was still on, but the Wi-Fi light up wasn't, and I couldn't turn it off. So I took the battery out and left it out for a bit and let it cool down. Everything is still here thankfully, but I have NO clue what brought it on. Might've been overheating?

Anyone know?

Must have had someting to do with the "BZZT" sound would be my guess.

I once had a computer make a "ZZZFT" sound. But it turned out to just be a fly stuck in the printer.

Anyone know?

I never had mine make a BZZT sound but yes, I do the same thing with my laptop, I'm in my bed right now with it on my tummy typing away....and my old machine started doing that. Just shutting right down, black screen, nada. Had to reboot - though never had to resort to pulling the battery. It's my work machine so I just had them pull the hard drive and put it in a new shell and it's been fine since then. In my case...once the issue began it just got worse....but...I could prolong it by taking a water bottle and filling it with cold water to set my computer on...kept it cooler :)

My dad was kind enough (scary, eh?) to lend me his battery charger and I'm too scared to do anything big, because I don't want his to break either otherwise my ass is grass. I think what contributed to my battery charger doing what it did is probably the moisture that was close to it and it's age. Since it was over 4 years old, it surely was a bit loopy. i can keep this cool though.

My dad was kind enough (scary, eh?) to lend me his battery charger and I'm too scared to do anything big, because I don't want his to break either otherwise my ass is grass. I think what contributed to my battery charger doing what it did is probably the moisture that was close to it and it's age. Since it was over 4 years old, it surely was a bit loopy. i can keep this cool though.

I doubt that it has anything to do with the charger, it's the interal workings of the machine itself that get so hot. And when you rest it on your lap you aren't helping to keep it cool. Our firm has spent multi millions on air conditioning alone for our data center....they keep it FREEZING in there because machines get HOT!

Anyone know?

Strange, my desktop pc did the same thing yesterday. Except that it has totally died and I can't do anything to resuscitate it. It's never happened this bad before, so will have to take it in for repair. Glad you got yours started again.

Strange, my desktop pc did the same thing yesterday. Except that it has totally died and I can't do anything to resuscitate it. It's never happened this bad before, so will have to take it in for repair. Glad you got yours started again.

Ewwww....that doesn't sound good. And usually desktops won't overheat like a laptop can...

Nice to see ya Angel! It's been a while!

What the heck is that Doc? A laptop air conditioner?! :o

Yes it works great, it comes with a short usb cable that you plug into your laptop to power it. You can pick it up at any walmart or have it shipped for .97c

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9203344

On a funny random note there is a tropical depression on top of us as I type and raining cats and dogs. I just heard an Icecream Truck with full chimes roll past the house! :o

Only in New Orleans :hysterical:

Turns out that the charger shorted out on me. There's cuts all over it from my laptop table I have, and I accidently spilt some water last night and, I guess one thing led to another. So I have a new charger thanks to my friend, who now is mad at me because I don't drink and "enjoy life".

Life don't come easy, true, but goddamn it, having to do EVERYTHING on your own, is bullshit.

*awaits lecture*

Archived