Robert Plant - Official Statement

sam_webmaster

My First post in ages here.

I have mixed feelings about this, I'm glad Plant has put out a statement & I'm also glad he's said no because his heart isn't in it, because it wouldn't be healthy for the band or the music if he did it for the wrong reasons. I obviously wish it were the opposite but he's made his decision and you have to respect the guy.

I just hope he brings out some great solo music like he he did with "Strange Sensation", rather than the Bluegrass music he did with Allison Kraus because that did nothing for me, I really enjoy bluegrass music but that collaboration just never worked for me.

I also really hope Pagey, JPJ & Jason continue to collaborate & get a really good vocalist, although not your typical hard rock stereoptype, someone good like Paul Rodgers, Terry Reid or maybe someone younger even, I know Rodgers will be out because of Queen but it needs someone of that calibre.

One more thing I think it's time they released the O2 gig officially now there'll be no new music involving Plant & the other 3 guy's.

Graham

Some of the posts here are STILL holding onto hope for more music and touring with Plant and the 3 J's. No doubt that will continue here and other threads unless they're nipped in the bud. Let's see how that pans out.

Afterall, Robert DID say he had "no intention". Definitive? Not enough for some. :rolleyes:

Thank you Robert for confirming your plans.

And thank you Sam for posting :)

No surprise and well done RP for speaking up!

PS - Hope The Sun is reading!

Thanks for posting this, Sam :) .

It's time for people to move on (as Plant has already and JP, JPJ and Jason have already, too).

I'm excited to hear what they all do next. It just means there will be more music (from them separately or possibly a project) and will all be great!!! :)

R B)

I think if they do tour and record without Robert there is no more Robert, i mean even for one off occasions.... you either draw a line completly under it or you dont....... what pisses me off really is that releasing material on vinyl like TSRTS and Mothership etc shouldnt be allowed, its not new material, but it will still rake in the coffers for Mr Plant to which he must have agreed to, but if hes happy playing to concert halls instead of stadiums is up to him, i mean, he must know that when he's toured in the past he gets the best reaction when he does Zeppelin songs in his set. I, like everyone else reading the statement is very fucking pissed off, a phenomenon like Led Zeppelin should not be put to bed when it has the ability to be let loose again to dominate Live music, and to give something back to the younger generation that didnt have the chance to see and appreciate it. :(

Speak for yourself mate.

Indeed, but I IF they release an O2 cd, I hope they put all the songs performed by Zep in it. I wouldn't want 3 songs from each artist. :/

Too Right, It's the Complete Zep Renion Gig we want & nothing less

Ah at last, something official.

Note that RP said he would not be 'touring'. That leaves open the possibility of occasional performances; O2 was not part of a 'tour'.

Or am I attributing too much cleverness to his choice of words?

We'll see. A one-off and a tour are not the same in my eyes, but let's just wait and see.

Let's just wait and let them enjoy making whatever music they're going to do (whether separate or not).

R B)

Ah at last, something official.

Note that RP said he would not be 'touring'. That leaves open the possibility of occasional performances; O2 was not part of a 'tour'.

Or am I attributing too much cleverness to his choice of words?

Yes I think he's cutting his ties completely, although I think he should stick to the courage of his convivtions and stop performing the Zep songs in his solo shows like he did when he first went solo, as good as "mighty rearranger" & some other solo stuff was, methinks he won't take it that far as the Zep songs are the most popular part of his live shows.

Graham

I think if they do tour and record without Robert there is no more Robert, i mean even for one off occasions.... you either draw a line completly under it or you dont....... what pisses me off really is that releasing material on vinyl like TSRTS and Mothership etc shouldnt be allowed, its not new material, but it will still rake in the coffers for Mr Plant to which he must have agreed to, but if hes happy playing to concert halls instead of stadiums is up to him, i mean, he must know that when he's toured in the past he gets the best reaction when he does Zeppelin songs in his set. I, like everyone else reading the statement is very fucking pissed off, a phenomenon like Led Zeppelin should not be put to bed when it has the ability to be let loose again to dominate Live music, and to give something back to the younger generation that didnt have the chance to see and appreciate it. :(

Hmm I've readit and I'm a fan and I'm not pissed off.

The fact that they released TSRTS and Mothership really has no bearing on a tour. You want them buy them you don't then don't buy them.

I can understand why you are frustrated and pissed off but there really is nothing anyone can do about it. All four of them are their own person and each has to follow their own artistic dreams. They can't do it for anyone other than themselves.

Eddie

Get a clue son.

While your desire for more Zeppelin is understandable the idea that Plant should "give something back to the younger generation" is ridiculous. He's been giving music to all who care to listen for what 40 years now? Take a lesson in gratitude and be thankful he did what he did when he did it. He doesn't owe anyone a damn thing. Show the man a little respect turn up the tunes and keep jamming.

Some of the posts here are STILL holding onto hope for more music and touring with Plant and the 3 J's. No doubt that will continue here and other threads unless they're nipped in the bud. Let's see how that pans out.

Afterall, Robert DID say he had "no intention". Definitive? Not enough for some. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Well, at least one new redundant thread has just been nipped. "Rumors from Detroit, part 2". :lol:

The axeman better keep his blade sharp! B)

HUGE, mistake on Plants part to not participate. A two yr break for a vocalist at his age , is a death sentence!!! His voice will do nothing but dteriorate.

I know what you are saying, but don't agree about his voice. For some life only starts at 60, so let's keep fingers crossed for Robert. In terms of timeline, he records new albums each third year, or what? Allison was in Nov. 2006, let's wait and see. I am pretty sure he can take care of himself and he still sounds amazing and powerful. I wonder if Deborah Bonham was joking about touring with the Js :D

“It‘s both frustrating and ridiculous for this story to continue to

rear its head when all the musicians that surround the story are keen to get on with their individual projects and move forward,” Robert Plant said.

TRANSLATION:

I would like to thank the press for hyping my tour with AK. Now that it is over shut up.

“I wish Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham nothing but success with any future projects,” he added.

TRANSLATION:

Only I can use the Led Zeppelin rumor boys.

There could be plenty of reasonable explainations as to why he doesn't to be involved. Not all of them artistic. Health, being one reasonable one. Just thinking out loud

“It‘s both frustrating and ridiculous for this story to continue to

rear its head when all the musicians that surround the story are keen to get on with their individual projects and move forward,” Robert Plant said.

TRANSLATION:

I would like to thank the press for hyping my tour with AK. Now that it is over shut up.

“I wish Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham nothing but success with any future projects,” he added.

TRANSLATION:

Only I can use the Led Zeppelin rumor boys.

Unbelievable.

People will slag him for ANYTHING.

Pathetic.

HUGE, mistake on Plants part to not participate. A two yr break for a vocalist at his age , is a death sentence!!! His voice will do nothing but dteriorate. I hope they fire that chick at the Sun now, because that was ridiculous!!! But as usual, he takes the Zep money and runs, and screws the fans. Attack me all ya want, but thats how i feel.

And doing a full blown Zeppelin tour wouldn't?

If Jimmy, JPJ & Jason continue on, they should not call themselves Led Zeppelin. I do believe they would do something spectacular though, particularly with new recordings.

What if they want to? I think they should call themselves whatever the bleep they want to. Can you imagine the kind of hell they'd go through if it were all about keeping their fans happy?

It doesn't really end anything. In fact it does say that Jimmy, John Paul, and Jason are doing a project together. Which is confirmed for the first time. All it says is that he doesn't want to talk about it right now. Which is completely expected.

Archived