Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Mook

Jimmy Page confirms 2018 release(s)

3 hours ago, JTM said:

The "different" comment referred to a recording from 1973. I'm worried that Page is talking about Southampton, it would be really disappointing if it was.

Yeah, especially given this line: "It’s another view compared to How The West Was Won or The Song Remains The Same."

That should make it '75 or later imho - but we'll see...

3 hours ago, JTM said:

The "different" comment referred to a recording from 1973. I'm worried that Page is talking about Southampton, it would be really disappointing if it was.

You read my mind mate. He was also reported at the time to have been listening to a 73 version of D and C. I reckon it is Southampton, which would indeed be massively disappointing. 

I’m hoping Empress Valley release the full Osaka 71 show. I can’t see the official releases being that exciting 

I can't see him releasing Southampton at all, if Plant has any sort of say in it then there's no way it will get an official release.

6 minutes ago, Mook said:

I can't see him releasing Southampton at all, if Plant has any sort of say in it then there's no way it will get an official release.

I would be seriously shocked if he released Southampton. No amount of musical airbrushing will fix that show and we know how prudent Page is about something sounding perfect. I'd put all my money on a 1969 show. 

1 hour ago, gibsonfan159 said:

I would be seriously shocked if he released Southampton. No amount of musical airbrushing will fix that show and we know how prudent Page is about something sounding perfect. I'd put all my money on a 1969 show. 

I agree but Page was 1973 specific "something very different". What could be more different than Southampton 1973 probably the smallest gig from that year, we all know the multi track is already out there. Of course he only said he found "something very different that is quite interesting" it doesn't mean it will see the light of day.

8 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

You read my mind mate. He was also reported at the time to have been listening to a 73 version of D and C. I reckon it is Southampton, which would indeed be massively disappointing. 

I’m hoping Empress Valley release the full Osaka 71 show. I can’t see the official releases being that exciting  

This! & please both 928 & 929!!!

7 hours ago, Mook said:

Ha, this would be the first and only time that I would thank Mr. Plant for preventing a LZ live release.

On 6/21/2018 at 7:04 PM, JAP said:

And that concludes the reissue campaign! 

I think that the way the release of the 3 live reissues could have been handled better. 

We weren’t sure that all three (BBC, HTWWW, TSRTS) of them were to be released and over what time period and so it got mixed up with the potential for 50th year celebration stuff. 

IMHO it would have been better to hype/release the 3 of em at the same time and frame them as a collection before getting into the 50th debate. But I’m sure time didn’t permit 

Now I may have this wrong but is Jimmy not quoted somewhere on this forum saying a while ago that the reissue campaign started with TSRTS?