The Best Zep Tribute?

Zoso2112

Another laminated pass I found is from the tribute band's tour of Israel in 1994.

Physpasses9cc.JPG

Here's the back:

Physpasses9acc.JPG

I was able to obtain a tour shirt from a different time period from my friend Rick Barrett. Here's the front:

Pshirt2c.jpg

and the back:

Pshirt6c.jpg

I have on audio cassette Physical Graffiti at WHCN playing Going To California and Black Country Women and during a discussion Doug Putnam (the singer) stated it was safer over there (at that time) than here as he was over there for six weeks.

I also found another shirt which just has a logo on the front:

Pshirt9c.jpg

End Part Two

Robert

A local record store had a poster of a then upcoming show displayed and I asked if I could have the poster after the show. The clerk stated yes. So after the show which I attended I was able to take the poster home (which I later had Doug and John sign). The poster is a little beat since I had it hanging on a wall for years. The poster is made by the Flash Group Corporation.

Phys4c.jpg

I have a couple of more items I have to locate but this is basically all I've found so far. I still have Physical Graffiti's pro shot promo concert from Riverside Park in Massachusetts (now Six Flags New England). The largest crowd I believed the band played to was about 7,000 people at a concert in Rhode Island. There's a review of a performance they played in the July 1988 (volume 2 #7) issue of the fanzine Zoso.

Here's a pair of signed Johnny Mac drumsticks:

Physsticks3cc.JPG

There's some tribute bands that are better than others which is all subject to opinion. I've seen and heard good ones and bad ones. In the end there can only be one true legend. Sadly, that legend ended on that terrible day in September 1980.

Robert

• 2 weeks later...
I saw Physical Graffiti over 40 times years and years ago. They were great, I think they've pretty much retired. The guitar player was a perfect page.

I agree with you. I saw Physical Graffiit tons of times in the early 90s. The guitar player was great!

A local record store had a poster of a then upcoming show displayed and I asked if I could have the poster after the show. The clerk stated yes. So after the show which I attended I was able to take the poster home (which I later had Doug and John sign). The poster is a little beat since I had it hanging on a wall for years. The poster is made by the Flash Group Corporation.

Phys4c.jpg

I have a couple of more items I have to locate but this is basically all I've found so far. I still have Physical Graffiti's pro shot promo concert from Riverside Park in Massachusetts (now Six Flags New England). The largest crowd I believed the band played to was about 7,000 people at a concert in Rhode Island. There's a review of a performance they played in the July 1988 (volume 2 #7) issue of the fanzine Zoso.

Here's a pair of signed Johnny Mac drumsticks:

Physsticks3cc.JPG

There's some tribute bands that are better than others which is all subject to opinion. I've seen and heard good ones and bad ones. In the end there can only be one true legend. Sadly, that legend ended on that terrible day in September 1980.

I saw Physical graffiti at the Living Room in Providende R.I. Good Show but my ears were ringing for days! I followed these guys all around Mass. R.I.

Robert

• 1 month later...
I've seen Whole Lotta Led three times and they've been great every time. They seem to tour the whole of the UK each year. Which is cool as most bands tour down south only, Unless anyone can enlighten me !!!!

There's a couple of fairly new Zep tributes in Scotland at least one of which is better than Whole Lotta Led. Zeppelin Story I think. But do a bit of googling. Might be Led Astray.

We get as far as Yorkshire and Lancashire pretty regularly, as well as all over the south and south west, and France as well.

I reckon we are pretty good. B)

• 2 weeks later...
I really need to record and post some of my Zep drum tracks.

After seeing several decent attempts at Achilles, it's time to blow the lot outta the water! B)

I've been waiting for years my friend! Do please send me an email when you post em. I don't wanna miss it! :beer:

Then we can get back to that script! ;)

I've been waiting for years my friend! Do please send me an email when you post em. I don't wanna miss it! :beer:

Then we can get back to that script! ;)

Not sure if anyone posted this yet, but LISTEN to this version of whole lotta love. That is better than any other tribute I've ever heard on youtube. Pluse the singer does a very decent Plant, which is saying something. For you to do the live version of WLL and sound good, that really is something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz89UUlDXuc...feature=channel

• 1 month later...

Archived