Tampa 1970 - Curtis Hixon Hall

sam_webmaster

Just looked up the venue - add it to the Houses of the Holy thread....it was torn down back in '93. Looks to be on the waterfront near where the current Forum is located in downtown Tampa, in case anyone was wondering - like me! :)

Good call, Dandu. These pictures are obviously photoshopped, as no tailor would ever make pants that ugly.

Ugly you say, I had a pair just like em back in 1976 except they were red, white. and blue color scheme. Had to get rid of them though after my grandmother had an epileptic fit from looking at them.

Walter.. a little closer to our home, I have always been so intrigued by the Orlando Sports Stadium, the only Orlando venue ever to host LZ, I think in 1970 also. I live about 3 miles from where it was.. and used to drive by it all the time in the late 80s and early 90s. It looked like a true dive, and considering they played there in August, I bet it was about 150 degrees inside. Did you ever see any shows there? I still feel moved by the site knowing my musical heros tore it up there one night.. before it became a .. subdivision. :tears:

Walter.. a little closer to our home, I have always been so intrigued by the Orlando Sports Stadium, the only Orlando venue ever to host LZ, I think in 1970 also. I live about 3 miles from where it was.. and used to drive by it all the time in the late 80s and early 90s. It looked like a true dive, and considering they played there in August, I bet it was about 150 degrees inside. Did you ever see any shows there? I still feel moved by the site knowing my musical heros tore it up there one night.. before it became a .. subdivision. :tears:

Never saw a show there. Watched my friend play indoor soccer there before it closed down. August 31, 1971 was the Zeppelin show - if you don't have a copy already, you must get one! I can't believe Zep played there either...so small! Wasn't it named the Eddie Graham Sports Arena at some point?

Archived