Did any of the band members fight?

LedZep1969

I heard that Bonzo gave Robert a fat lip once over some gas money. It was early on in the band's career. JPJ and Robert didn't always get along though. I think they started to more towards the end, they wrote a lot of ITTOD.

I heard that Bonzo gave Robert a fat lip once over some gas money. It was early on in the band's career. JPJ and Robert didn't always get along though. I think they started to more towards the end, they wrote a lot of ITTOD.

Robert was on stage with jimmy and jpj and they had to wait for bonzo with the help of the audience "chanting " to Bonham to come on stage .when bonzo finally arrived on stage ;plant said where have you been man ?we've all been waiting for you .bonzo replied "bollocks" plant announced to the audience "and on drums we have "MAX WALL" (an old English comedian ;with a funny walk)

There is a recording from Japan 71 or 72 and you can hear Bonzo saying he doesn't want to play Moby Dick. I believe it was the same night...?

I'm not sure that JPJ and RP ever didn't get on, I think that JPJ and Bonzo were close and RP and Bonzo were close and RP and JP were close - different dynamics I guess. If you look at any social situation where there are 4 people, different dynamics arise.

On the Osaka 71 boot, you can clearly hear Plant ask Bonzo "where the hell were ya?"

He'd been shitting his brains out the past 15 minutes and missed the first half of the acoustic set, hence a drumless version of Tangerine.

Robert Plant vs. Jimmy Page backstage at the Barton Coliseum in March 1995.

No end of show hug between them that night nor the next few as a result. ;)

I'm curious too! What happened there?

Robert Plant vs. Jimmy Page backstage at the Barton Coliseum in March 1995.

No end of show hug between them that night nor the next few as a result. ;)

Oh do tell.

I don't understand why a particular instance (the Robert/Jimmy fight) is brought up and then not elaborated on when it is clearly of interest to some people. Why bother bringing it up at all; when you know people are anxious to hear the details, and will ask or nearly beg you to tell more and then nothing further is said about it.

Is it an ego thing? :huh:

I understand the privacy and breaches of confidence issues that come up with some inquiries but, isn't just mentioning the incident a breach of confidence? Obviously this particular altercation is not a widely know fact among the fans. Whereas, that Robert and JPJ never really got along all that well is a widely known story.

I have to say I have noticed this happening in other topics on this board and find it rather annoying that there are a few people who seem to be "name throwers" (they have had one or two fleeting meetings with their star/s of choice and dance around years later and brag as if they were/are close personal friends of the person/band).

If you have stories to tell, great, tell them, I'd love to hear them too, but don't dangle a carrot in the faces of those who ask questions and then leave them chasing a tasty morsel you will never intend to let them to nibble on.

I don't understand why a particular instance (the Robert/Jimmy fight) is brought up and then not elaborated on when it is clearly of interest to some people. Why bother bringing it up at all; when you know people are anxious to hear the details, and will ask or nearly beg you to tell more and then nothing further is said about it.

Is it an ego thing? :huh:

I understand the privacy and breaches of confidence issues that come up with some inquiries but, isn't just mentioning the incident a breach of confidence? Obviously this particular altercation is not a widely know fact among the fans. Whereas, that Robert and JPJ never really got along all that well is a widely known story.

I have to say I have noticed this happening in other topics on this board and find it rather annoying that there are a few people who seem to be "name throwers" (they have had one or two fleeting meetings with their star/s of choice and dance around years later and brag as if they were/are close personal friends of the person/band).

If you have stories to tell, great, tell them, I'd love to hear them too, but don't dangle a carrot in the faces of those who ask questions and then leave them chasing a tasty morsel you will never intend to let them to nibble on.

If you're ragging on Steve, don't. He travelling at the moment and is also under no obligation to you to owe you anything.

All I know/remember hearing about the incident is that 'supposedly' Robert slugged Jimmy in the face over a fight about Jimmy's over imbiding with the Jack. And that's pretty much it. If there are more details to it all, then you'll have to wait on someone else to relay them. Obviously, they've kissed and made up. If you read the recent uncut interviews RObert mentions Jimmy's demons being a detrimental factor up through the 1998 WIC tour. No secrets there.

If you're ragging on Steve, don't. He travelling at the moment and is also under no obligation to you to owe you anything.

If there are more details to it all, then you'll have to wait on someone else to relay them. Obviously, they've kissed and made up. If you read the recent uncut interviews RObert mentions Jimmy's demons being a detrimental factor up through the 1998 WIC tour. No secrets there.

I wasn't ragging on any one person specifically. I realize Steve doesn't owe me or anyone else anything. But, it wasn't me asking the question, I believe this topic was started by someone else, so I'm waiting for nothing. I subscribe to most topics in this forum and enjoy perusing the ones I find interesting.

I just find it annoying that a comment is made and then just left to hang, when there is clearly more to it, only to have the person/s who asked the question nearly begging for more or or as in other topics, slammed or verbally abused for some other reason. Which made me consider the ego issue. I wasn't accusing anyone of trying to give themselves an ego boost, just pondering the possibility.

I posted my comment only because I don't understand why this or any other stories are brought up in the first place if the person/s who bring it up know/suspect that there are privacy issues involved. (Think before you speak) If this incident was brought up in a magazine then why not elaborate on it, it would seem that this is now public knowledge and no, I'm not asking you to elaborate, for the people who want the skinny on this can ask you themselves. I could care less if they set off stink bombs on each others front steps. Some of us do have lives and don't spend our days scouting the magazines racks for every article on LZ, Page, Plant, Jones or Bonham.

I find most all things SteveAJones has to say interesting and light shedding. He is very knowledgeable and I appreciate it. He seems to me to be very competent and in most all cases accomodating to people without being rude. I don't think he needs you to slam people for him for expressing an opinion.

I can tell you that when I saw Page/Plant in '98 I thought Plant was singing better than Page was playing.

I remember having this very discussion on the old forum with others who insisted that Jimmy was playing so well on the '98 tour that it was only Plant's fit of pique that ended the musical pairing so abruptly. I said then that there was a lot more to it, but I agree that I would never have spoken about it until it was made public by the guys themselves. I think treading the fine line of respect and joining in discussions is an art that we all do better at some times than at others. I don't think it is anything to chastise people for. Zeppelin have always thrived on mystery.

I can tell you that when I saw Page/Plant in '98 I thought Plant was singing better than Page was playing.

i saw the '98 tour 8 times-jimmy page was in his element and seemed to not only be going for it every show but cast a rock and roll shadow bigger than night. i felt robert wasn't into having to share half a stage (or more) any longer. a personal impression.

check out the audio to the paris concert (3/30/98)when the entire audience starts shouting for page at the end of HMMT.

If this incident was brought up in a magazine then why not elaborate on it, it would seem that this is now public knowledge and no, I'm not asking you to elaborate, for the people who want the skinny on this can ask you themselves. I could care less if they set off an stink bombs on each others front steps. Some of us do have lives and don't spend our days scouting the magazines racks for every article on LZ, Page, Plant, Jones or Bonham.

FWIW, a guitarist arrived at the Barton Coliseum worse for the wear and the singer gave him a hard slap to the face out of frustration over it. Some would say it was an overdue wake up call as their world tour had already begun a few weeks prior. You'll never find

this particular incident mentioned in any magazine or press clipping, but the broader

issue of alcohol abuse during the Page/Plant era has been alluded to by the principles involved.

Thanks Steve. I appreciate this and all of your other insights as well as the fact that you don't seem to feel the need to bash me to smitherings. (I hope) I do enjoy the trivia topic also for all the tidbits that you contribute.

I'm not trying to create dissention, I just get irritated at how some people are treated on this forum from various posters, for reasons varying from poor spelling (remember there are many members from other countries where English is not their mother language) to asking a question that may be of questionable discretion.

With thanks and all due respect...catsclaw. :wave:

I'm not trying to create dissention, I just get irritated at how some people are treated on this forum from various posters

Why bother bringing it up at all

Is it an ego thing? huh.gif

there are a few people who seem to be "name throwers" (they have had one or two fleeting meetings with their star/s of choice and dance around years later and brag as if they were/are close personal friends of the person/band).

don't dangle a carrot in the faces of those who ask questions and then leave them chasing a tasty morsel you will never intend to let them to nibble on.

:rolleyes:

yup no dissention there :D

It's cool. I'll dance elsewhere.

Welcome home Steve.

Archived