Hey Hey What Can I Do

I remember when I first heard it and I was really confused about what album it was on. I had all of their stuff and no google to look it up with. I think it is a brilliant song and I don't know why they didn't put it on one of their first five albums? I think it would have been great on Houses of the Holy. Have a listen.

Hi all,

It was on the B-side of "Immigrant Song",yes a 45rpm,....I was also put on an Atlantic album,with other artist,I *think* called; 'The Best of Atlantic",it did see the light of day again until 1990 when the box set came out.

KB(my favorite Zep tune of all time!)

Hi all,

It was on the B-side of "Immigrant Song",yes a 45rpm,....I was also put on an Atlantic album,with other artist,I *think* called; 'The Best of Atlantic",it did see the light of day again until 1990 when the box set came out.

KB(my favorite Zep tune of all time!)

The compilation album was called New Age of Atlantic, that was how I first heard it when that was released. It was a shock to the system to have an previously unreleased Zep track on a non Zep album.

Still love it B)

This song will always have a special place in my heart for so many reasons....one of them being it was the first Zeppelin song I can remember hearing as a young child.

I just love it :)

Hi all,

The compilation album was called New Age of Atlantic, that was how I first heard it when that was released. It was a shock to the system to have an previously unreleased Zep track on a non Zep album.Still love it B)

Danke, ledded1 ! I know Atlantic was somewhere in the title! :notworthy:

KB

I remember when it first came on the radio. It wasn't until after Zeppelin had died so we were very excited to hear it. Perhaps it got some air play as the B side when that came out but nobody I knew had heard it so it was brand new for us.

It was back in the early 80's that I really got into Zeppelin. I had all the albums and was starting to accumulate many bootlegs as well. I knew "Hey, Hey What Can I Do" as some of the local rock stations would play it ever so often, but it was impossible to find in any format. Until one day at my favorite record shop (where I also found many of the bootlegs) displayed in the store window was a Japanese import of the "Immigrant Song" single with "Hey, Hey What Can I Do" as the B-Side. It seems during this time that this single was long out of print in a U.S. produced version. It was so amazing to finally have a chance to have this in my hands. Although expensive at the time for $5, I didn't think twice about jumping at the opportunity. I was so pumped to finally have it and complete my Led Zeppelin studio collection for the time being. I still have this to this day and is one of my favorite pieces to my Led Zeppelin set.

It was back in the early 80's that I really got into Zeppelin. I had all the albums and was starting to accumulate many bootlegs as well. I knew "Hey, Hey What Can I Do" as some of the local rock stations would play it ever so often, but it was impossible to find in any format. Until one day at my favorite record shop (where I also found many of the bootlegs) displayed in the store window was a Japanese import of the "Immigrant Song" single with "Hey, Hey What Can I Do" as the B-Side. It seems during this time that this single was long out of print in a U.S. produced version. It was so amazing to finally have a chance to have this in my hands. Although expensive at the time for $5, I didn't think twice about jumping at the opportunity. I was so pumped to finally have it and complete my Led Zeppelin studio collection for the time being. I still have this to this day and is one of my favorite pieces to my Led Zeppelin set.

Saweeeet! Lucky you!

Man, its stories like these that make me hate being only 23 years old. Impossible for things like this to happen to me.., I wasn't around in the hay-day of vinyl. I feel like - check that - I know I've missed out on something great.

This is no world for a 23 year old who wishes he lived in the 60s-70s. By and far a much better time to be alive. Everything I love came from that era, and its all so far gone now that I don't even have a chance to experience any of it... :(

Man, its stories like these that make me hate being only 23 years old. Impossible for things like this to happen to me.., I wasn't around in the hay-day of vinyl. I feel like - check that - I know I've missed out on something great.

This is no world for a 23 year old who wishes he lived in the 60s-70s. By and far a much better time to be alive. Everything I love came from that era, and its all so far gone now that I don't even have a chance to experience any of it... :(

Yeah, you missed out on some good times and some bad times. Rock was young and drugs weren't as synthetic as they are today. But you are lucky (like the rest of us) that there are forums like this one! Back in the "day" we didn't have the internet to meet people that have the same interests as us. We knew the people we grew up with and went to school with and every once in a while you would get visitors from out of town and see how the outsiders live. But now, all you have to do is turn on your computer and you have the world at your fingertips. There are (I have learned) a lot of young people that are like you and I think that is fantastic! My son is one of them, he is 21 and he loves that era too. We also fantasized about another era and that's why they made Happy Days. :thumbsup:

DD

Yeah, you missed out on some good times and some bad times. Rock was young and drugs weren't as synthetic as they are today. But you are lucky (like the rest of us) that there are forums like this one! Back in the "day" we didn't have the internet to meet people that have the same interests as us. We knew the people we grew up with and went to school with and every once in a while you would get visitors from out of town and see how the outsiders live. But now, all you have to do is turn on your computer and you have the world at your fingertips. There are (I have learned) a lot of young people that are like you and I think that is fantastic! My son is one of them, he is 21 and he loves that era too. We also fantasized about another era and that's why they made Happy Days. :thumbsup:

DD

Luv Happy Days. F.YI. Laverne & Shirley really did exist! :o

I believe I first heard it sometime in the 80s on a station out of Jacksonville during a trip to Florida. They must have been playing the flipside to The Immigrant Song. The next time I heard it on the radio was just prior to the release of the first box set. I believe that's when I finally got around to ordering the actual 45. When I arrived at the record store to pick it up I noticed one of the clerks was playing it which pissed me off immensely. Thankfully they did nothing to damage it. I still have it to this day but it is in storage along with the rest of my vinyl.

I remember when the Zep box set first came, the classic rock radio stations played Hey Hey all the time. They couldn't believe they actually had some fresh Zeppelin to play.

radio stations always played that song where i'm from (southern illinois). even before the box set.

Good to hear people here had a job to track down the song, could never figure why I knew

thing words until remasters came out and since then I do really like the song.

The Japanese singles (reprints) I had some but could not find that one.

Now everyone is internet savvy easy, me carrier pigeon.

radio stations always played that song where i'm from (southern illinois). even before the box set.

I hear that a lot on the radio too. What station do you get? I'm from there too.

Archived