Kiss bashing stairway

Last Saturday Kiss played on the Graspop festival in Belgium. I heard from a friend of mine they played 10 seconds of stairway (or tried to) and then stopped and said "naah, we're gonna play real rock and roll tonight !".

Obviously I didn't go because I think Kiss ***** but now they hit another low.. .

I guess someone's having bad dreams about the real Rock n Roll Legends (possibly) reuniting.

Obviously I didn't go because I think Kiss ***** but now they hit another low.. .

I guess someone's having bad dreams about the real Rock n Roll Legends (possibly) reuniting.

Kiss only had one good song, their campy patent-leather disco rock hit...

And I always thought the lyrics were "I was made for lovin you baby, can you get it up for me?" and I thought...hello...

Maybe they love Zep, but just don't like Stairway? I know some Zep fans that can't stand Stairway, even Plant no longer cares much for the song.

I hope that's it, because the alternative of KISS bashing Led Zeppelin seems absurd.

i always wondered why Kiss is defined as a hard-rock band. All I hear is pop with latex trousers and lots of make up.

Real Rock'n'Roll...oh please, could I hear the Kiss definition of it?

(I don't say that kiss is a bad band, it is just no hard rock.)

I can't understand the gays that don't like stairway just because it's so popular and the best known song :angry: . In my oppinion it's the best song of the band and the greatest song of all time. I don't care what others say.

Other people, other oppinions.

All kidding aside, in magazines like Creem and Circus, the fans used to have serious debates over which was the better band, Kiss or Led Zeppelin. That is how it really was.

I don't hate Kiss, but I never bothered to buy any of their stuff.

All kidding aside, in magazines like Creem and Circus, the fans used to have serious debates over which was the better band, Kiss or Led Zeppelin. That is how it really was.

I don't hate Kiss, but I never bothered to buy any of their stuff.

Yep, I remember getting into arguments with people in high school over the LZ vs. Kiss thing. It was really stupid looking back on it, some arguments even got a little physical, LOL. I really hope they werent trying to bash Zeppelin because having seen both of them peform live, Led Zeppelin blew Kiss away and it really wasnt even close. LZ was and is still the best concert Ive seen, Kiss isnt even in the top 10.

Kiss only had one good song, their campy patent-leather disco rock hit...

And I always thought the lyrics were "I was made for lovin you baby, can you get it up for me?" and I thought...hello...

Well this post made me laugh out loud.

I have a little video of Green Day playing the opening bars of STH and then saying something negative about Zep, too. No biggie. I think the number of people that signed up for tickets to the Ahmet Ertegun Tribute Concert (I didn't say "the O2 show" for whomever it was that complained) is a pretty good indication that Led Zeppelin still has tremendous drawing power. Far more than KISS or Green Day, etc. I think only The Beatles (assuming all 4 were still with us) would be the only ones that could have matched that.

I have seen the band once with make-up, and once without make-up.

KISS was never part of my teen-age or pre-teen life.

So their credibility with me, is not what millions of teen and pre-teen fans might have or hold.

I put KISS in a category with Boston and Def Leppard and other such bands that appeal to young dumb kids.

When I was a pre-teen, and was 'young and dumb'.... I listened to The Beatles, the pre- Rubber Soul Beatles.

And I wouldn't trade that for all the KISS/Def Leppard/Boston records in the world ! :D

It was tongue in cheek. KISS are big Zep fan's. Well at least Ace and Paul have mentioned them as major influences.

I was a big Kiss fan in 1981 and I have always loved Ace Frehley- he has mentioned that Jimmy Page was his great influence when he started to play guitar and once he said, that Jimmy was his hero. I can sometimes hear some Pagey-like riffs in his playing :)

Maybe that´s why I also love Jimmy so much- they have a few things common, though Jimmy is a much better player

I think it was Gene Simmons who could says such nonsens- I never liked this guy. His selfconfidence is bordering with arrogance- what adifference between him and Ace , who was always rather humble and quiet.And what difference between Gene and Jimmy- there is no doubt about it, he doesn´t compare to Jimmy ! He never will compare to him... But Ace isn´t in Kiss anymore and since that time I wasn´t a great fan anymore. Kiss have played now in Czech republic, but I wasn´t there, because it seems to me like a tribute band now... sorry.

This remark about STH was really stupid- because LZ can really play and their music is timeless , magic and eclectic. I only hope they meant it only like a bad joke :(

Last Saturday Kiss played on the Graspop festival in Belgium. I heard from a friend of mine they played 10 seconds of stairway (or tried to) and then stopped and said "naah, we're gonna play real rock and roll tonight !".

What other bands or people think is irrelevant to anyone other than themselves.

Don't subscibe to the Kiss, all style, no substance argument. Their best songs all hold up stripped down, if you doubt this check out their "Unplugged" album/performance. Kiss songs are not complex, but do they need to be? They are all about rock n'roll entertainment, if you want deep and erudite, go listen to Tom Waits, Lou Reed, Van Morrison or Leonard Cohen (no bad idea anyway).

Indi.

Archived